Advanced VPN setup - BTGuard

Ok so I'm not bad technically (in general terms) but think I need some help :o

I would like to setup my VPN to run through the Netduma as I tinker with Ubuntu. I currently have it running through OpenVPN. I have downloaded what I believe to the required config file but when I paste it into the advanced setting with my username and password the connection does not start.

No doubt I have the wrong config file but thought it best to check :)

I'm going to be coding the latest version but if you need me post here and I'll jump in :)

I need you :)

Got everything in as per your link (including username / password) and still failing. Want me to PM you the contents of what I input?

Just an update for Iain, thank you for the help to get this working.

I tried to post to answer bank re solution but I think that board is limited to Admins.

Also for the VPN through Netduma, how is the throughput? Was getting some squirly results whilst connected through router compared to OpenVPN.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Can you paste the exact line in please. It could be encryption issue, I don't have time to investigate today. Can you still stream with it?

Line was:

register-dns 8.8.8.8

Not a priority just now Iain, but wanted to check if perhaps something was not quite right. Open VPN throughput obviously down from my normal 77/18 butt comes in at 30/12. VPN never has given me full throughput (don't know if any do).

VPN on router coming in at 9/9 so quite a difference on the download primarily. Just interesting thats all :)

Also for answer bank, do you want me to post in this board and then you can move it across?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Its ok mate put it in the answer bank.

I'm not sure if its the limit, it could be with encryption enabled. I'll need to look into it :)

Archived