COVID-19

Sujith28

The virus outbreak has caused chaos around the globe, leaving thousands dead, millions vulnerable, supply chain lines collapsed, derailing economy, factories shut and cities under lock-down. Even though it is not an anticipated outbreak, it exposed human fragility. 

With technology by side, humans can tackle and contain the virus and China shows the way to do it. Robotics are deployed to prepare meals and wait for the tables. Robots are deployed to prevent the spread of the virus. As per a valid report, a small robot called Little Peanut is delivering food to Passengers who were on a flight from Singapore to Hangzhou, China, who is currently being quarantined in a hotel.

Drones are used to surveil the affected area. Drones also were used to transport both medical equipment and patient samples. This is saving time and effort. Also safeguarding people from the virus. 

Facial recognition is in place to identify the affected people with the help of a big-data dashboard. Chinese tech companies are helping the authority to identify people who wear the mask. AI is helping doctors and medical associates to closely monitor the body temperature and physical well-being. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have grown to be worried sick over the past while, but I spoke to a friend who is a MD and from what I gathered, here are a couple things:

Up to 40% may be asymptomatic? This would mean  a lot more infections than reported, but good news Vitamin D is a must right now?