Slow speed

sean

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for purchasing Sean! Sorry but DMs don't have enough chars to help.

Can you make sure on "Congestion Control" page you have anti-flood set to 100% on up/down direction please. Also at the bottom of the page please select "Reset Distribution" and "Update Distribution".

Then run a speed test. Also are you wired or wifi? 

Guest Netduma Luke

Edit: Iain beat me to it. Try his advice first.

Hi Sean,

Could you try a few things:

1. Make sure your anti-flood is at 100% for both upload and download and set to 'pre-emptive'

2. Make sure every other device is turned off when running your speedtest (as another device downloading will restrict your test)

3. If you are still getting this difference after trying the above steps, switch the anti-flood to 'reactive' instead of pre-emptive'

Edit: Iain beat me to it. Try his advice first.

Hi Sean,

Could you try a few things:

1. Make sure your anti-flood is at 100% for both upload and download and set to 'pre-emptive'

2. Make sure every other device is turned off when running your speedtest (as another device downloading will restrict your test)

3. If you are still getting this difference after trying the above steps, switch the anti-flood to 'reactive' instead of pre-emptive'

Iain & Luke

I have the same problem. Speeds used to be 75.40mg down and 20.21mg up. I have switched between reactive and pre-emptive and find pre-emptive keeps me around 60.00mg up and 15mg down.

Any idea's whats causing the drop?

:unsure:

Guest Netduma Fraser

Iain & Luke

I have the same problem. Speeds used to be 75.40mg down and 20.21mg up. I have switched between reactive and pre-emptive and find pre-emptive keeps me around 60.00mg up and 15mg down.

The reactive algorithm is for speeds above 60mbps and pre-emptive is for speeds below 60mbps. So I recommend you keep it on reactive if you can get 75 :)

Guest Netduma Luke

Iain & Luke

It's the preemptive option which works best for <50mb down connections. I recommend you leave it on reactive for your connection speed. Hope that helps mate.

Thanks for the reply.

What I should of said is that my connection is always 75.40mg down and 20.21mg up.

Using the R1 I only get around 60mg at best and 15mg down. Is there something I can do to get the 15mg back?

I switched back to using the Billion 7800n on its own and speeds are back 75.40mg down and 20.21mg up.

Guest Netduma Luke

Scythe - if you set your anti-flood to reactive you will get that lost bandwidth back. The preemptive algorithm is constraining your high quality connection.

Let me know if that works.

Archived