Host Migration Experience: This happened, and question(s)

Dillinger

Finished up my PS3 testing (review coming) today and moved back to the 360 and XB Live for some comparison experience.  Black ops II for both consoles.

Got into a lobby on 360 within my preset range, and the festivities commenced.  About 2 minutes in the host rage spikes his controller and bails, so I assumed it would either hit the only other circle that I saw in the pre-lobby, or give it to me.  Next thing I know a flashing circle well outside my preset has blown up in size and is pulsing.  I check the ping and it had almost tripled, to about 90ms.  It wasn't bad, and I was still able to put in some decent work, I was wondering one thing, that might lead to another couple of questions:

1) Normal?

Thanks,

JD

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Dillinger,

Are you on the latest upgrade version 1.02.4? If so did this happen ~ 4 hours after you upgraded? If so then it could be cloud migration occurred right in the middle of the game.  Otherwise we may need to investigate further. 

Thanks Iain, I believe so, I will double check here in a couple of hours when I boot up and get back to you.  

As I said, the migration wasn't a game breaker (this time), but I have had migrations that made the follow up action unplayable for me.  And haven't we all??  :wacko:

Archived