installing tonight.

I currently have a a dlink modem/router used in modem mode wired up to a dlink 615 (I think) router with ddwrt installed. Ports forwarded and qos set for xbox.

I also have a brand new talktalk huawei HG 533 modem/router.

Whats the best way to set up??

Do I need port forward if I have open nat anyway?

Guest Netduma_Iain

I currently have a a dlink modem/router used in modem mode wired up to a dlink 615 (I think) router with ddwrt installed. Ports forwarded and qos set for xbox.

I also have a brand new talktalk huawei HG 533 modem/router.

Whats  the best way to set up??

Do I need port forward if I have open nat anyway?

Hi,

Firstly thanks for purchasing.

I would personally recoomend you keep the dlink router in modem mode connected to the wall. Then connect the R1 router to any other port on the d-link router. Then connect ALL of you devices(wired and wifi) to the netduma router. Then you should be good to go. Let me know how you get on please

Guest Netduma_Iain

So will that make my dlink router settings redundant?  

Should I set it back to default?

No, I would leave it the way it is. As long as its behaving in modem mode then that's the optimum set up.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok so I dont need the second router with ddwrt installed. Just modem and netduma.?

That is what I would recommend, the second router would just make NAT issues more complicated. We're confident our anti-flood and device prioritisation will match your needs.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok so I dont need the second router with ddwrt installed. Just modem and netduma.?

That is what I would recommend' date=' the second router would just make NAT  issues more complicated. We're confident our anti-flood and device prioritisation will match your needs.

[/quote']

I noticed from your other thread, that the anti-flood feature is a key feature you require. Is your broadband speed over 50mbits. If so you'll need to use our reactive algorithm. I'll show how to select it if need be.

That is what I would recommend' date=' the second router would just make NAT  issues more complicated. We're confident our anti-flood and device prioritisation will match your needs.

[/quote']

I noticed from your other thread, that the anti-flood feature is a key feature you require. Is your broadband speed over 50mbits. If so you'll need to use our reactive algorithm. I'll show how to select it if need be.

No its only 10 meg now.

Had fibre for a year but the pings are the same as fastpath asdl at around 20ms

Guest Netduma_Iain

[/quote']

No its only 10 meg now.

Had fibre for a year but the pings are the same as fastpath asdl at  around 20ms

Ok brilliant, well the preemptive algorithm should work really well for you. Do you or anyone you live with torrent by any chance?

Archived