Wrong Location on Geo-Filter

Hi guys!

I am currently trying to use the Geo-filter from the UK and it says that my location is in Australia! I have purchased my PS3 in Australia so I am wondering if there is any settings which I need to change to recognise that I am located in the UK?

Thanks!

Guest Netduma Luke

Hi Aden,

This occurs if you turn on your R1 before connecting to the internet. The Geo-filter is unable to figure out where you are based so defaults to Australia.

To fix this, simply press the small House icon which is just below and slightly to the right of the 'Geo-filter' title. Once clicked, hover over the map. Your cursor should have turned into a small red pin. Now click anywhere on the map. And that's it - your home location has been moved.

Incidentally, this is a handy way of 'sharing' the Geo-filter with a friend you are playing with. Say you live in the UK and your friend lives in Germany. You can set your 'home' location to a place equally between the two of you. This means the Geo-filter will then give you hosts that are mutually beneficial to each of you.

Archived