Netduma Setup

I am really keen to purchase one of these routers.

I was just wondering if it is possible to use the following setup:

I have an Asus DSL-N55U modem/router downstairs in the livingroom. Is it possible for me to use my netgear homeplugs to plug into the Asus router and have the other homeplug up in my room connected into the netduma? And then I can plug the netduma straight into my xb1 via ethernet cable? (You may ask why I dont want the netduma plugged straight into the asus, but my dad just bought the asus router so i dont want to be seen to be 'wasting' money and i also get a poor wifi signal up here)

Not sure if I explained that too well, feel free to ask me to go into more detail if you dont understand my query.

Thanks for any help!!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sure you can absoultey do that, but you won't be getting the benefits of the congestion control on the netduma as only one device is going through the Netduma.

Hope that helps

Could I connect things through WiFi (my laptop, phone etc) to the netduma by doing this? The only thing that's connected through Ethernet to our current router is my dads computer and he doesn't use the Internet so not bothered if that was omitted from the congestion control.

Guest Netduma_Iain

As far as I understand a homeplug is a transparent device, so yes you could have everything connect to it in your room. But bear in mind it is wifi and distance, walls and the other usual interference factors will matter.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Cheers Alan, we don't official support Halo MCC but quite a few people use it here. I'm sure they will be happy to help you if you have any issues. 

If your'e talking about Halo 3, then send me your GT I'd be well up for some MLG 

Ok so its now open when I Disabled the 'Select service/Game' Geo-filter and enabled the upnp port forwarding. Am I ok to just enable the geo filtering when playing?

Excellent thanks very much! I'm a huge halo 3 fan (it's all I really play) but I play it on the MCC now..looking forward to the ranks getting put in! I was a 50 in MLG on the 360 so I'm alright!

My GT is: l ALJU l   (the straight lines are small L's)

Guest Netduma_Iain

I was MLG 50 on halo 3 as well. Love that game massively. I'll probably be working all of this weekend I'm afraid. But my tag is "netduma son" you can add me if you fancy some games! 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks man, see you guys soon.

Buds are we friends on my new account if not add me please mate "netduma son"

Archived