Address unreachable/169 IP/Can't factory reset

Greetings all,

Well I'm in quite the pickle:

I was adjusting some settings on the router's main page then went to the 'Upgrade' basic section & clicked the red button to check for an upgrade... Before the page completely loaded and then about 60 seconds later, all wifi and wired connections went offline. Now, no web pages load on Chrome/FF/IE, I have a 169.254... IP in command prompt, the factory reset button does not reset the router at all whether before or after plugging in power to it, and the only way I was able to even post this was through 4G on my phone. I believe I was on fw 1.02.1

I'll be standing by for any response.

Cheers.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Greetings all,

Well I'm in quite the pickle:

I was adjusting some settings on the router's main page then went to the 'Upgrade' basic section & clicked the red button to check for an upgrade... Before the page completely loaded and then about 60 seconds later, all wifi and wired connections went offline. Now, no web pages load on Chrome/FF/IE, I have a 169.254... IP in command prompt, the factory reset button does not reset the router at all whether before or after plugging in power to it, and the only way I was able to even post this was through 4G on my phone. I believe I was on fw 1.02.1

I'll be standing by for any response.

Cheers.

Hey Camco, thank you for purchasing! Not to worry I'm sure we can find a solution to this.

Can you follow this guide please and see if that fixes it :) http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=unbrick_router

I forgot to mention or rather I didn't notice this until now when I just temporarily replaced the R1 with my old Asus RT-AC68U the download speeds changed from at maximum ~52Mbps with the R1 and ~149 Mbps with the Asus router. That ~52Mbps was with the throttling setting under cong. ctrl @ 100% & that was the fastest it's been with the R1.

I'll work on the guide now and report back my results.

Thank you for the help!

So, I've followed the guide and when typing in 192.168.1.1, after cleared cookies and cache, the page displayed Chrome's ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE page and I was not able to proceed.

Side note as for the speed issue, I did a quick speedtest.net and got ~169 Mbps down & ~22 up on the Asus router right now.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I forgot to mention or rather I didn't notice this until now when I just temporarily replaced the R1 with my old Asus RT-AC68U the download speeds changed from at maximum ~52Mbps with the R1 and ~149 Mbps with the Asus router. That ~52Mbps was with the throttling setting under cong. ctrl @ 100% & that was the fastest it's been with the R1.

I'll work on the guide now and report back my results.

Thank you for the help!

Thats something we can fix when we get you to upgrade :) Can you access the R1 control panel with a wired PC? 

Guest Netduma Fraser

I was using my wired connection to my desktop when I tried the fix in the guide.

The R1 wasnt connected to anything else apart from the power and your desktop? 

I've followed this second guide relevant to the section for Windows 8 as I have 8.1 and this time instead of "address unreachable" the page just said "timed out" instead. That showed in multiple browsers. Also, this may or may not help: the network that *was* connected when the R1 was wired to my desktop, read "Unidentified Network" and was marked as Public and was only sending packets, but not receiving any.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I've followed this second guide relevant to the section for Windows 8 as I have 8.1 and this time instead of "address unreachable" the page just said "timed out" instead. That showed in multiple browsers. Also, this may or may not help: the network that *was* connected when the R1 was wired to my desktop, read "Unidentified Network" and was marked as Public and was only sending packets, but not receiving any.

It was definitely wired to Netduma port 2 and not the PoE port?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry to jump in late to this thread but can you see the Netduma wifi network at all? I'm not asking if you can connect just if you can see it in the first place.

From there I can help further!

Guest Netduma_Iain

So just to clairfy on your phone for exampe when you scan networks you don't see any "Netduma" network?

That's correct. I'd changed the SSID previously to "home" and neither "home" nor "Netduma" appears as an available network to join when the ISP modem's plugged into port 1 on the R1.

I am. That's 16:00 in the afternoon my time. I can do even earlier if that's better for you in your time zone as it'd be 21:00-22:00 for you. I am available any time now and up to 21:00 GMT as well.

Archived