Geo filter not working

sean

Guest Netduma Fraser

Geo filter not working and and how to reset it

- I disabled Geo-filter and waited 5 minutes but still showing hosts. Is that correct or when I disable it should there be no host?

Did you disable the Geo-filter whilst you were in/searching for a game? When you disable the Geo-filter you can still see activity, it just doesnt restrict it which is why it would show outside your radius.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Yes wen I disabled it it still was showing red circles ??? And how can reset geo filter ? All so I have 38 meg down 10 up can I use reactive ?

Disabling doesn't wipe the Geo-filter clean, you can still see whats going on if you're still playing. It just stops restricting. Reset so you have nothing showing? Just turn off your console and wait for the Geo-filter to clear and youre all set. Your connection is better using the preemptive algorithm :)

Pls pls I need help. I need a one on one with a netduma associate. I just received my router two days ago. I just want u guys to see if I have the optimum settings.also my nat type is open but when I go to device manager I still see the blue box pls pls pls I need a metduma associate for a one on one. Thank you

Guest Netduma Fraser

Pls pls I need help. I need a one on one with a netduma associate. I just received my router two days ago. I just want u guys to see if I have the optimum settings.also my nat type is open but when I go to device manager I still see the blue box pls pls pls I need a metduma associate for a one on one. Thank you

Hey Sean glad to see your received it! Sounds like you're doing very well on your own :) The blue box is nothing to worry about, its just saying you're connected to a router and not a modem. Your NAT is open so don't worry about it. 

In terms of optimum settings we have a lot of information on our Wiki which can guide you with how to optimise the Geo-filter.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_am_i_getting_booted_from_the_lobby_game

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=user_manual

Guest Netduma Fraser

During my ping test. Am getting good status but is exceptional not better? How can I get exceptional? Have tweeked still can't get exceptional all I get is "good" on all of them.

The idea with the internet diagnosis is that it disconnects everything from the internet so its not affected by anything. It can indicate if you might have problems on your line. You might do another test and it might come up as exceptional. 

Archived