poormans internet

Taff

didn't know what half duplex meant but tried it in my router, IMPORTANT: ( don't do this unless you know how to reverse it.)

go into your Ethernet driver settings ,advanced ,and you'll see a plethora of settings that which some say ,half or full duplex,apparently they mean the transfer of information back and forth through your modem and router. choose half duplex 100,which is what i chose. this will prevent so much information from passing through your router and building up buffering and lag ,i only need 4down and 2up internet although i have 20down . my internet slows way down from sharing with others during prime time. i can get an A and  A+ with these settings.

the first time i tried it my grade went from Cs to As when i tested it ,i kept testing it over time and it stays that way,just a tip if you wanna experiment with your settings. let me know if it worked for you.

I'm not so sure you understand duplexing if you think it's a good idea to go down to half. Full duplex means that your device will talk and listen on its the ethernet port at the same time. Setting this to half duplex means that it can only talk OR listen at once. There is NEVER a good time to use half-duplexing.

Where exactly are you making the setting change? These changes will only affect one port/link at a time (unless you're changing it for the whole router). These also have no affect on WiFi connections.

Where are you getting your grades from? If you're getting an A using half-duplexing then you need to figure out what else is causing issues when you're using full-duplexing.

For reference: 

https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/ethernet-the-definitive/1565926609/ch04.html

went up too A+ last night, its an experiment, cant guarantee results for everyone, i tried full duplex, (i dont know why that doesnt work). yes its very slow (2 megs down) but ,i also used the estimated download speed on the cable settings at the bottom  of dsl speed test site which helps. turned off most of the driver settings in the scroll down helps also , i have a qualcom atheros 8171 driver. it doesnt work if you have faster speeds than that, or at least i dont think so. my goal is to get A+ s on both bufferbloat and quality, i can get A s on both already its just fine tuning it.

Also thanks for your input :Netduma Fraser

post-3563-0-51672100-1453303986_thumb.png

Archived