my r1 making a quite squawking noise

S460RLD

i had a night of aw as always can not fault the r1 for what it does when online but when i came off the game last night i just did a quick speed test on my phone and i heard a quite squawking noise coming from the r1 during the speed test so i narrowed it down to when the wifi is transmitting data and something is squawking in side the unit. i can only hear it when there is no ambient noise in the room when its underload from the wifi. can any one confirm the same or have i fell for dying unit?

• Netduma Staff

i had a night of aw as always can not fault the r1 for what it does when online but when i came off the game last night i just did a quick speed test on my phone and i heard a quite squawking noise coming from the r1 during the speed test so i narrowed it down to when the wifi is transmitting data and something is squawking in side the unit. i can only hear it when there is no ambient noise in the room when its underload from the wifi. can any one confirm the same or have i fell for dying unit?

Yes, I had the same when I was transferring files via Ethernet locally over my LAN. I don't think it is just you :)

sound pal thats put my mine at rest only thing i can think of that its a DC coil on the PCB board vibrating with the extra current needed for wifi transmit cheers for the reply!!!!!

Archived