What do you do if...

fuzzy clam

...you live 30 miles from someone in real life but on the geo filter (in private match) it shows you being 2 states away.I added a friend last night and he lives exactly 30 miles from me but that's not what the filter shows.Should i move myself closer to him or leave it alone.How would you guys handle this cuz i'm not sure i'm in the right place on the filter map or maybe he's not.How important is your location being accurate ?

If you rate him at 100%, then you can keep the geofilter center at your location and it won't block him. It would be hard to center the filter between your location and his real location, 30 miles won't make much difference. Click the incorrect location button for your friend's circle, it will get updated and corrected in one of the cloud updates.

Guest Netduma Fraser

...you live 30 miles from someone in real life but on the geo filter (in private match) it shows you being 2 states away.I added a friend last night and he lives exactly 30 miles from me but that's not what the filter shows.Should i move myself closer to him or leave it alone.How would you guys handle this cuz i'm not sure i'm in the right place on the filter map or maybe he's not.How important is your location being accurate ?

This will be a case of his IP being misclassified. As long as you have added him to your allow list you dont need to worry :) Just try and get your location in the general vicinity of where you live, it doesnt have to be extremely accurate.

@ Fraser yea the problem is i have no idea if i'm in the general vicinity of where i'm really at.I live in michigan almost right on lake michigan it's only like the biggest fresh water set of lakes in the US but it dosen't show on the map.But i think there was gonna be some fix for that in an up coming update,kind of like a google map thing.

Guest Netduma Fraser

@ Fraser yea the problem is i have no idea if i'm in the general vicinity of where i'm really at.I live in michigan almost right on lake michigan it's only like the biggest fresh water set of lakes in the US but it dosen't show on the map.But i think there was gonna be some fix for that in an up coming update,kind of like a google map thing.

Yes we'll be adding more zoom so you should be able to do it more accurately. In the mean time just do as best you can, it wont make too much difference.

Archived