AT&T Uverse Set-up

Hi All,

I've just purchased the Netduma so it won't be coming in for a while but would like to get as much information as possible if anyone has this set-up already.  I'm only renting a room however the owner does let me a LAN connection.

Basically the current set-up is this:

2Wire 3800hgv (TV/Security) - All Devices (WiFi/LAN) 

I'm trying to maximize the R1 and was wondering if this is possible if set-up like below:

3800hgv -> R1

The 3800 will have to be in bridge mode.  Will that set-up work if I decide to leave the 3800 WiFi on & R1 off or will it only work with 3800 WiFi off & R1 on.  I don't use a set-top/DVR but a couple of others do so via WAP so may be the main issue with turning off 3800 WiFi.

Thanks! 

In this scenario, the R1 wouldn't be able to function then correct?  Thanks ABC, this stuff gives me a headache X_x;

it definitely would function, just not all the features will work to their fullest or at all.

Geo-Filter: works

Congestion Control (QoS): doesn't work

Is it possible to plug it into the existing gateway and have both broadcasting Wi-Fi? The biggest issue is several members use a WAP for the TV and the security system which I'm not too sure how it's configured for use as it uses the current WiFi as well.

My plan is to keep the current gateway for the WAP & Security while everyone else connects via the Netduma so it can prioritize the devices.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ziocomposite that will work fine, just bear in mind that any devices connected to your existing gateway cannot be controlled by our congestion control section. Consequently they may impact your ping if donloading/uploading heavily. 

Archived