Backup

? you mean a settings backup ?

They have a secondary chip for the firmware so i can only presume you mean the settings.

You want to be able to save the settings file, this works...and yet it doesn't always...due to their backend there are issues for major changes that won't allow you to "keep" your settings from update to update.

I am sure it can be solved somehow. Setting up the router is quite some work. With the hosts and servers its even more than regular routers. I guess not only me hates to do work twice or even more often.

I don't disagree at all.

This is my point and it is a pretty simple one, for their updates they should be able to allow for a backup and restore settings configuration method.

However, If they ever re-merge from the upstream branch of their core they "might" have to make you remove all settings, because of the way the core settings are stored....

They might be able to build a JSON file that can be read back in and that re-configures things, it just gets messy with the core because sometimes settings names change or there are other minor differences that require a setting reset.  This would mean netduma would have to take the time for each of those times and see what can and can't be just moved over.

Archived