Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dyndns

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

roads

roads

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
would be nice. Sitting in car waiting for wife, kid sleeping. Time for a Downton Abbey episode. Oh great cant connect as dynamic dns is not broadcasted.

Guest_Netduma_Iain_*

Guest_Netduma_Iain_*
  • Guests

Good suggestion, someone else mentioned that as well. If people continue to request we will definitely implement :)

roads

roads

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Yeah I feel this is the job of the router. I have set this up with an app on my Mac that I leave running 24/7 but I dont like the workaround.

abc123

abc123

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,891 posts

use Plex...don't need dyndns :) it goes to plex.tv so servers are auto located.

It's as easy as abc123

Note: Although I am a moderator, Netduma is not responsible for my written words. In no way is a statement by abc123 a direct statement from Netduma.

roads

roads

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

No wont use plex, Airvideo on OSX  is something superior in streaming to handhelds. I dont only need to know my net IP for video streaming.

The problem with the Dyndns updater on the PC is it updates even if its not necessary and does that late when change has happened. So I don't like the situation.