Netduma Router won't refresh my IP

I am having an issue with my NETDUMA R1 Router not being able to refresh my external IP address that my ISP assigns me. I know this to be true because whenever I directly connect to my modem I have entirely different IP address than I do when I am connected with my router. I have a Arris SB6183 modem and that is directly connected to my NETDUMA R1 router. I have already spoke with my ISP / modem's manufacturer several times concerning my internet speeds fluctuating. They have repeatedly told me that the problem is most likely with my router not changing IP's when they are assigned to my modem. I have factory reset and rebooted the NETDUMA Router and my Arris Modem multiple times with no luck. What I am really inquiring on is how do I go about fixing this issue so this does not happen again.

• Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum :)

Try going to Settings >> WAN, enable Mac Address cloning and change the MAC Address. See if this then changes your IP. When you do this you should reboot from Settings >> Miscellaneous on the Netduma.

Archived