New User Set Up Help

Hi I just purchased the netduma router and cant wait to start using it. I am hoping someone can help me with setting up since i am a huge novice at networking.

I have a asus rt-ac87u that i use for all my tablets, apple tvs and phones. I would like to continue to keep using that then run a hardwire from that to the netduma then from the netduma hardwire my xbox one only. I know you can disable wifi on the netduma so i am not sure if i should do that or leave it on.

could someone please help me with the right configure settings for the netduma with this set up. And if you have any additional settings i should use with my ASUS router please let me know.

Thanks so much for the help and cant wait to get started! 

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hi I just purchased the netduma router and cant wait to start using it. I am hoping someone can help me with setting up since i am a huge novice at networking.

I have a asus rt-ac87u that i use for all my tablets, apple tvs and phones. I would like to continue to keep using that then run a hardwire from that to the netduma then from the netduma hardwire my xbox one only. I know you can disable wifi on the netduma so i am not sure if i should do that or leave it on.

could someone please help me with the right configure settings for the netduma with this set up. And if you have any additional settings i should use with my ASUS router please let me know.

Thanks so much for the help and cant wait to get started! 

Hey thanks so much for purchasing! Yes you can do that if you like, however you wont benefit from all of the R1s features. But yes you can do it like that and disable the wifi on the netduma and put the netduma WAN IP into the DMZ of your asus.

(this can be achieved by upgrading your router by following these instructions http://www.netduma.com/upgradeafter upgrading you can go to the device manager on the R1 control panel and find your WAN IP there. You would then go onto your asus control panel and find the settings for DMZ and put the WAN IP in. Then your xbox will have an open NAT.)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Jaked

The host analysis section is for certain PC games only. If you'd like the basic ping feature though, click a circle on the geo-filter than underneath it you'll see a dialog. In there you can use the ping button to get the ping graph in real-time :)

Hope you enjoy using it, let us know how you get on.

Its 3am here, so we are signing off for the night. We have a great community here though, so please post and another customer may respond before tomorrow morning :)

Archived