Geo-Filter and Parties

Alex

I just thought i'd share this in case others have issues and/or different experience. I originally thought it had something to do with Xbox Live having problems but found out it was not the case.

Last night, I was trying to get into a party with a friend of mine who lives about 5 miles away to play some COD AW on the Xbox One. I had some issues but also found a solution. So here is what happened:

• I originally had the Geo Filter enabled
  • I started the party and invited my friend - He connects to the party but cannot hear me talking and I can't hear him
  • COD AW will not add him to my lobby, it states he's unable to connect.
  • I try to join his game and get the same unable to connect message.
  • I decided to disable the Geo Filter and re did the party and game invites and he was able to connect to both and we could hear each other talk.
  • I enabled the Geo Filter after we were in the same lobby and had no issues after re enabling the Geo Filter.

My apologies if this was already known, but I thought i'd share just in case others ran into the same issue. Or if there is another solution i'm unaware of to also post that. 

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Alex, just an addition to your post. You should put your friends in the "Allow" list so you don't have to repeat this task. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sure no problem, when we get time @Netduma_fraser will make videos showing how to do all of this. We are all actually very impressed how quickly everyone picked it up.

Find your friends circle(e.g. go into private lobby with him). Click it and the "Host Descriptor" dialog appears below. Drag the slider too 100% and now he will be in your allow list.

Archived