How does Geo-Filter work with parties?

Syntax

I was wondering how Geo-Filter works when partied with players outside of the current distance limit. Specifically on PS4 playing AW. For instance if I am in a party with a friend that lives 500km away from me, and I have the limit set at 300km will they unable to join my game?

Also does the geo-filter limit all players attempting to connect to the game, or just the host selection? For instance if I am in a game in progress and someone outside of my geo-limit tries to join the game will they be unable to join?

And on a slightly related topic, I have been playing with one of my friends that on the map for the geofilter always shows up as being located somewhere in the central US when I know that he lives in a totally diffrent part of the country. Is that something caused by his ISP? Or something to do with the R1?

Sorry for the book, but I am just so full of questions! I am loving the R1 after only having it a few days, both for its functionality and how it is making me realize that I understand very little about how the internet actually works. Who would of guessed buying a router would make me want learn?

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering how Geo-Filter works when partied with players outside of the current distance limit. Specifically on PS4 playing AW. For instance if I am in a party with a friend that lives 500km away from me, and I have the limit set at 300km will they unable to join my game?

Also does the geo-filter limit all players attempting to connect to the game, or just the host selection? For instance if I am in a game in progress and someone outside of my geo-limit tries to join the game will they be unable to join?

And on a slightly related topic, I have been playing with one of my friends that on the map for the geofilter always shows up as being located somewhere in the central US when I know that he lives in a totally diffrent part of the country. Is that something caused by his ISP? Or something to do with the R1?

Sorry for the book, but I am just so full of questions! I am loving the R1 after only having it a few days, both for its functionality and how it is making me realize that I understand very little about how the internet actually works. Who would of guessed buying a router would make me want learn?

Thanks in advance!

No book, just great questions!

Take a look here based on my experience by myself and with a group.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/118-a-wonderful-product-and-gaming-experience/

This will be one of the best purchases and upgrades that you will ever experience for your gaming endeavors.

Guest Netduma Fraser

No book, just great questions!

Take a look here based on my experience by myself and with a group.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/118-a-wonderful-product-and-gaming-experience/

This will be one of the best purchases and upgrades that you will ever experience for your gaming endeavors.

Thanks Marvin, yeah check out the thread Syntax and if you have any questions/problems let us know :)

Thanks Marvin, yeah check out the thread Syntax and if you have any questions/problems let us know :)

I searched for Thread Syntax and couldn't find anything, where do I look?

Thanks

Guest Netduma Fraser

I searched for Thread Syntax and couldn't find anything, where do I look?

Thanks

I was saying to Syntax to check out the thread you posted in your reply above :)

And on a slightly related topic, I have been playing with one of my friends that on the map for the geofilter always shows up as being located somewhere in the central US when I know that he lives in a totally different part of the country. Is that something caused by his ISP? Or something to do with the R1?

I actually had already read that thread, but after reading around some more I still don't really have answers for the two questions above. Any answers would be awesome!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Syntax, will have to wait till Fraser is back or someone else answers. I don't actually play CoD and I tend not to do the testing. So I don't know for sure, its different for each game I believe. 

Archived