BO3 Connections

BENORMOUS

I think this game has now just ended my online will to game. F ing horrible

Try moving your home location away from the East Coast (NY, NE, etc.) to less populated areas e.g. Kansas. There is just too much internet congestion on the East Coast that a lot of the routing goes out of the country to try and circumvent this. Using the KC server, it is almost a direct line West, at least for me.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit detection has been horrible for me. You can hear the bullets hit on the 4th or fifth hit, the first 4 bullets go into cyber space, so it seems.

Lose connection to games on a regular basis. Skipped frames all over the place, and constant Host migrations due to shit host selection.

I think that i agree with what other members here have observed. Most Games start off like dog shit, then improve once they start rolling out a truck load of updates.

The dedicated servers play like the AW servers, pure dog poop. Occasional good games when I get host, or peer to peer connections at 15 to 20 ms

I seem to remember the Beta playing better than this. 

I don't mean to gloat, but I used the widget Crossy made for streaming the Netduma (even though I did not stream tonight) that shows ping and distance to servers / hosts, and I was lucky enough to be 61 miles and ping 23-30ms from a host in Missouri. I then put my Home Location smack dab over this spot and the game played like butter for the six, or seven matches I played in ranging from DOM to KC to TDM.

I realize others are having problems.

I went into detail about my positive experiences to give context to what I am about to say next:

The times when the game went to shit was when we had players from overseas, or out of local geographical regions playing in the same match. I saw who I am pretty sure were players from either Mexico, or Spain -- across the frickin' Atlantic Ocean -- In the same lobby with us because of their "ESA" tag + their names being in all Spanish, or maybe even Italian? These players had red two and one bar connections, and... Ended up at the top of the Leader Board for a few matches until I switched lobbies. 

The point I'm making is exactly what I wrote earlier in this thread: It may not be our (your) connection to a server, or host. We may have 30ms and lower ping with the Netduma, but if some player from across the globe is allowed to play on the same server, he/she is going to muck up the match for everybody because the server adjusts down / averages out for the worst ping and not the best, ironically. 

This is one of those things we cannot control. Only Activision / Treyarch can change the MM to make sure certain players stay on certain servers, but... That also means limiting who can play where and when (anytime, right now) which means lower profits, possibly.

Can't find games now.....

Have you guys seen this ?

attachicon.gif12187680_533144606867604_7872065950520753291_n.jpg

players list is full, but no maps or map voting or countdown. Just freezes there...

seen it lots of times unfortunately, also it can say that there's 13 or more in the lobby and then just sit there till kingdom come too

I've had a good time on the game but last night I didn't get on til around 10pm uk time and it was dreadful,I was getting smashed and connections were terrible,hoping it goes back to how it was but Ive seen a lot of people on twitter reporting that its playing just as bad for them too

I'm in the UK and lasts nights experience was really bad, filled with ???! Moments.. Lots of times I know for a fine fact my aim was bang on! And it was like shooting air, not even a hitmarker and boom! I get put down... It's impossible to get a game in a party, lobbies without a map to vote, or 13 players in a lobby and it won't balance the teams.. My duma will not listen to me either.. I restricted it to 500miles away and every time is connected me overseas.. Causing frustrating amounts of lag.. I'm not happy at all.. They better fix this fast.. Anybody else pulling their hair out with these issues?

^^^ it's frustrating for sure and i've had the same experiences, i'm betting they get most of these issues sorted quicktime. for a start they won't be having any clan wars if people are struggling to find games in parties.

i was in a party of 4 yesterday playing capture the flag, when the game started i was put in a match on my own , no team mates and no enemies from the very start of the match and nobody had quit, i was like ooooooookayyyy, it did let a couple of guys connect on my team 1 point away from victory ,but not a single shot was needed to win the match.

I have no hair, which is a good job as I would probably be pulling it out by now :)

Last night I kept getting booted, or had a message coming up saying " can't host game" and then get told that the servers are not available as it connected me to a lobby.

I took my GF off and was connected to a host on the East Coast of America 5418kms away with a ping betwee 25-30 and it played ok lol

Had plenty of wtf moments, and getting spawn killed, I like the maps, and like the fact there is no delay on spawning on HC as there was initially

I can't quite see properly on the geo but there is a very nice dedi arond the Luxemboug German border played really well for me in the beta and last night i'm in London and still getting the south uk dedi with filter off dunno why but can't get along with that dedi considering i'm less than 100 miles away.

I joined a friend from the USA ( I am in UK) or rather he joined me last night and we were struggling to get a game to start, 13 people in lobby game struggling with the matchmaking. After 5-6 attempts I backed out and he invited me after I turned off my filter. 

Straight into games and nowhere near as laggy as I had thought it would be. (100 MS ping) It was a bit sweaty to get any results but The Reverend didn't make a total fool of himself :)

Hit and miss playing solo, more good games than bad at the minute.

Yes, I have had that. When it  is in that state, you need to re-start the game, and it seems to work properly again. If you stay in that lobby, it just never starts a game. Like you said no map is shown, and it never starts. oopps forgot to add the quote" See next post

Can't find games now.....

Have you guys seen this ?

attachicon.gif12187680_533144606867604_7872065950520753291_n.jpg

players list is full, but no maps or map voting or countdown. Just freezes there...

seen it lots of times unfortunately, also it can say that there's 13 or more in the lobby and then just sit there till kingdom come too

Yes, I have had that quite often. There are no maps shown, and the game never starts. When that happens, i re-start the whole game and it clears up for a while, then randomly comes back again.

If you don't do that you will keep getting in the same lobby that is stuck.

Usual story, they will roll out huge patches after launch, and some folk will complain that its worse now, and some folk will say that its way better.

Makes you wonder when you are getting hosed on in a  game with skipped frames and massive delay, someone is getting a really good game and connection, just not you.  

I seem to mainly get connected to US player hosts that make the game lag like crazy. I'm in the US which would be fine if the games weren't pinging at 80ms+ and more. Usually in the 100ms range. When I do happen to find a 30ms ping game it's a very nice experience. However it's few and far between and usually get booted from that lobby after two matches.

The booting issue and lobby with no map to pick is a huge issue for me as well in the US.

I get a ton of migrating hosts as well which tells me player hosts are either quitting or getting booted. The game usually doesn't migrate the host, it either quits or I just get booted. I assume most of these issues are Black Ops 3 related. I thought this is what the beta was for????

This is so maddening. I'm the only one in every lobby on a three bar connection. Constantly pinging at 100ms while everyone else is a solid 4 bar and way ahead of me. I never really had issues with AW. I would ping around 30ms - 40ms which is fine for me and to be expected. Just getting really frustrated.

I don't mean to gloat, but I used the widget Crossy made for streaming the Netduma (even though I did not stream tonight) that shows ping and distance to servers / hosts, and I was lucky enough to be 61 miles and ping 23-30ms from a host in Missouri. I then put my Home Location smack dab over this spot and the game played like butter for the six, or seven matches I played in ranging from DOM to KC to TDM.

I realize others are having problems.

I went into detail about my positive experiences to give context to what I am about to say next:

The times when the game went to shit was when we had players from overseas, or out of local geographical regions playing in the same match. I saw who I am pretty sure were players from either Mexico, or Spain -- across the frickin' Atlantic Ocean -- In the same lobby with us because of their "ESA" tag + their names being in all Spanish, or maybe even Italian? These players had red two and one bar connections, and... Ended up at the top of the Leader Board for a few matches until I switched lobbies. 

The point I'm making is exactly what I wrote earlier in this thread: It may not be our (your) connection to a server, or host. We may have 30ms and lower ping with the Netduma, but if some player from across the globe is allowed to play on the same server, he/she is going to muck up the match for everybody because the server adjusts down / averages out for the worst ping and not the best, ironically. 

This is one of those things we cannot control. Only Activision / Treyarch can change the MM to make sure certain players stay on certain servers, but... That also means limiting who can play where and when (anytime, right now) which means lower profits, possibly.

Without sounding racist, i have to agree with you, why can't matchmaking be done so that all people from the same region get the same dedi that provides for that same region/locale, like having a button that lets you choose local or out of region! I am sure they used to have this same option in games of old.

Either that or Match gamers up with the ping they have. Maybe its the skill thing idk, but its stupid if someone in spain or brazil has the same skill lvl but a ping twice as high. because thats not fair matchmaking!

I can't quite see properly on the geo but there is a very nice dedi arond the Luxemboug German border played really well for me in the beta and last night i'm in London and still getting the south uk dedi with filter off dunno why but can't get along with that dedi considering i'm less than 100 miles away.

It might be the denmark/ netherlands one, that plays well for me some times. more than the uk one does most of the time, how mad is that, that the uk server in the country we live in is actually worse to play on than the ones across the sea in europe!! Just doesn't seem right to me. Again though like the post i quoted from above, i do think judging from the names in the lobbies even though connecting through the south uk dedi some of the peeps usually at the top of the leader board a from other countries. It's a shame really that in this day and age with online gaming as big as it is that there isn't more of a level playing field/platform.

Smooch i hooked up a second monitor to have a closer look it's deffo a German dedi on the border below Luxemboug i posted a pic above for anyone who wants to try and get on it.

I had like 3 games i just owned everyone. Felt no lag at all, i could jump and shoot and still get kills. Everything just felt "NORMAL" and my skills became true!

Then the lag went back and i got slapped in the face with a d1ck!

Archived