English Premier League 2015-16

Netduma Luke

• Administrators

So Klopp is the new man in at Liverpool. I think that is a fantastic appointment, will be great to have him in the Premier League. How do you all think he'll get on?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it will certainly depend on how well his english skills are now

one of his talents is to motivate players with his unique attitude, the question now is though how much of that remains once he has to talk english

just watch the CL interviews from a year ago, his english isnt really good

but if he can get his thoughts into the players then he will be a huge sign-up, he plays quite a tactical football unlike most other english clubs which should result in good scores for his team despite his team having the weaker technical players

Liverpool have never recovered from selling Hannibal Lecter, letting Stevie Me go, and not being able to keep Sturriidge fit.

So I don't think Klopp will be an overnight success, he had good seasons at Dortmund and then they fell away.

You can have good managers, good players, but all to no avail if your competitors have a better players, a better team

I think Rogers got found a bit wanting when the above mentioned players were not available and some of his/committee signings didn't gel, I mean Bolotelli (who would sign him seriously)

But what would I know I'm just a Bluenose :)

• Administrators

it will certainly depend on how well his english skills are now

one of his talents is to motivate players with his unique attitude, the question now is though how much of that remains once he has to talk english

just watch the CL interviews from a year ago, his english isnt really good

but if he can get his thoughts into the players then he will be a huge sign-up, he plays quite a tactical football unlike most other english clubs which should result in good scores for his team despite his team having the weaker technical players

Raphael Honigstein (German journalist) was saying exactly the same - he is apparently very articulate but his impact might be lost when speaking English. He strikes me as a very bright man so it wouldn't surprise me if his English improves rapidly.

I hope he does well over here - the only other German manager the EPL has had was Felix Magath at Fulham. 

Liverpool have never recovered from selling Hannibal Lecter, letting Stevie Me go, and not being able to keep Sturriidge fit.

So I don't think Klopp will be an overnight success, he had good seasons at Dortmund and then they fell away.

You can have good managers, good players, but all to no avail if your competitors have a better players, a better team

I think Rogers got found a bit wanting when the above mentioned players were not available and some of his/committee signings didn't gel, I mean Bolotelli (who would sign him seriously)

But what would I know I'm just a Bluenose :)

Balotelli was a disaster but apparently that one wasn't Rodgers decision! I don't think he's come out of this with his reputation overly damaged - he almost won the Premier League after all. I can see him getting the Villa job next and doing very well there.

Well all the media attention will be on Klopp for the next week or so, so LFC will be happy, more publicity for them. Klopp has said he will have won, one title if he's there in 4yrs. I think that is a mistake by foreign managers as they don't realise how difficult the EPL actually is.

It may not be the best, but it's arguably the hardest, you only have to look at some of the recent results to see how competitive it can be

Look at Leicester, Crystal Palace, and others going strong at the moment, were they come unstuck is when the get injuries, and the players coming in are not as good, but the big boys with the mone can replace like for like

It's all getting very very boring, great if you support one of the top teams, but a bit of an anti climax if you don't because you know you are never going to challenge for the title. And if the EPL lose their 4th spot in the Champions League (what a joke the CL is) should be renamed the Champions and down to 4th League ;) rarely gets won by champions

Any where was I ...........

one thing that could become an issue with klopp is that he isnt known to sign big names but rather unknown players that are on the edge to become the next big thing

i heard that a transfer at liverpool needs to be accepted by a commitee of 5 people who surely dont have the same knowledge and far-sighteness than klopp has (i heard 2 liverpool scouts are in there but still)

i could see them wanting to sign big names for marketing and the fans while klopp wants to spent all the money on players they never heard off + giving the own youth a chance

I don't think they'll let him spend any money yet unless there's sales, they trusted BR too much, we could have had better talent for the total money spent.

The only success he really had was when Suarez was leading & the team were chiping in also but Dalglish bought him to Anfield so it doesn't really count.

In my opinion, Kenny shouldn't have gone, I would have gave him another two seasons to see if there was more improvment, then made a decision.

At least he got us results, one cup but still.

Unbelievable Luke, I kind of predicted the manager....

Glad I never got involved in this discussion... being a Liverpool fan xD

Back to the drawing board for us I think. I wonder if its definitely time for Rogers to go now ?
Maybe Klopp would suit the Kop or turn into another flop ???

and you predicted the time !!!!!!

I agree - you would expect them to beat Villa at home, Spurs could be tricky and then it all comes down to the Merseyside derby. That could be the end of it for him.

So Klopp is the new man in at Liverpool. I think that is a fantastic appointment, will be great to have him in the Premier League. How do you all think he'll get on?

I think it's good that we have Klopp now, its the start of another fresh... as long as 'the fresh' doesn't keep repeating. We won't be likely be in contention for anything this year so we won't be a threat.

The threat to all your individual teams are City, Chelsea, Arsenal & Mancheater United [:rolleyes:]
They're the ones always in contention for the league, we're just the 'hop & a catch' kinda team nowadays.

I'm like a mature kind of LFC fan tbh, I don't hate other teams as much as some fans (from both sides), I can analyze from a mutual perspective in that sense with opposition but even some of my closest friends are like talking to Jose Mourinho, no matter what you say, you're always wrong [:lol:]

one thing that could become an issue with klopp is that he isnt known to sign big names but rather unknown players that are on the edge to become the next big thing

i heard that a transfer at liverpool needs to be accepted by a commitee of 5 people who surely dont have the same knowledge and far-sighteness than klopp has (i heard 2 liverpool scouts are in there but still)

i could see them wanting to sign big names for marketing and the fans while klopp wants to spent all the money on players they never heard off + giving the own youth a chance

Part of that has already been sorted, apparently it was a condintion to Klopp signing the contract. He said 'I will have the first word & the last word and we can all chat inbetween'.

It would improve us as Rogers didn't really have a say in it plus the system has run for over three years which has been admitted by the board that its a failure.

• Administrators

Unbelievable Luke, I kind of predicted the manager....

and you predicted the time !!!!!!

We would make the ultimate betting team  :P

I think you're right, the only way is up. Very excited to see how he will do.

• 1 month later...

Feeling pretty chuffed an enlishman has broken a record today in the premier league although playing for the wrong team three cheers Jamie leicester  lad  :)  :)  :)

Feeling pretty chuffed an enlishmen has broken a record today in the premier league although playing for the wrong team three cheers Jamie leicester  lad  :)  :)  :)

Jamie vardy is bloody amazing atm. Absolutely on fire, he may not be knocking in hat tricks left and right but he is so consistent. Good on him!

Jamie vardy is bloody amazing atm. Absolutely on fire, he may not be knocking in hat tricks left and right but he is so consistent. Good on him!

I'm glad he got the record, a good team to acomplish it against also. Lets hope he can make it a little more difficult to beat as well. I reckon Vardy will get to 14 for a guess... ?

Even though he admitted he's not going anywhere (which I don't blame him), I wonder what club will be trying to dig their claws in, come next summer ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pretty curious to see how manchester city will perform next season under pep guardiola

got a slight feeling that he wont have the impact the administration boards expects him to have, with almost 3 years of him at bayern im quite happy that hes leaving now

his football and training mentality demands full dutifulness of the players, which is something im not fully convinced to happen with the city squad given the high amount of mercs and selfish divas the team has, some sort of mutiny of the players against the trainer aint all that unlikely

also peps possesion football is among the most boring to watch + im not sure if all of cities current starting 11 is well taylored for such a playstyle since especially the defence shows more physical than technical presence

another thing i dont fully understand is the whole criticism of van gaal at manchester

the team on most positions is just average or talents that need time, i mean just look at the rate to make something countable ouf of high quality chances infront of the goal

van gall did good in training the team to create such good chances seeing how much big ones the team has each game, but its the players individual skill to make use out of them and turn them into a goal

the place the team holds right now on the leaderboard is actually not that bad considering the player material the coach has to use

also the market of free and decent coaches right now is rather thin, not sure whom they would want to sign after van gaal that would actually agree to sign given the risk to overtake such an average team with the media having way too high expectations thus potential failure

but im not watching a lot of manchester games so this is just an observation from the distance

The Premier League is a totally different from the other leagues around Europe.

It is arguably not the best, but I believe it is the strongest.

Where else would you get a team that was struggling against relegation one season, and leading the league the next?

Juergen Klopp is now seeing first hand the difficulties in managing in England

To many games, unrealistic fans, media pressures, impatient boardrooms, TV money dictating game schedules.

Getting beat if you are not up for it

Paying rediculous amounts of money for mediocre players that warm the bench for ludicrous wages :)

I love football, but the suits have taken it away from the ordinary fan on the street, I just hope it doesn't implode with greed, and the gap between the money clubs and the rest become an impassable gulf

I always have a little chuckle to myself when I hear the anology that "we will fight " etc etc it's a game of football, if you want to fight join the Forces ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well with Pep Guardiola taking over MC next season, what does Pelligrini do now? Does he resign, or carry on to try and win as much as he can and say "Follow that Pep" . I think that is very disrespectful to Pelligrini, but I am not surprised given the moral ineptitude of the Premier League

The holy grail is the Champions League, but we play far to many games to really challenge the European big boys. And the EPL is too competitive,

So it will be interesting to see how Pep does on a wet and windy night at Stoke :)

Archived