Redacted

MainLifeline

25 minutes ago, Seye said:

@MainLifeline Whats your Geo Filter settings?

QOS = Off

TP: 3074:3074 for both source and destination

Did I get this right?

Yes sir try that port but if you’re not feeling anything then def try this port 3074-3480 src

1-65535 des Normal apply to WAN. Remember to read the end of my post. On how to know it’s working besides the two red dots just lighting up

1 hour ago, MainLifeline said:

Yes sir try that port but if you’re not feeling anything then def try this port 3074-3480 src

1-65535 des Normal apply to WAN. Remember to read the end of my post. On how to know it’s working besides the two red dots just lighting up

I didn't see  much of a difference I would try this too

1 hour ago, Seye said:

I didn't see  much of a difference I would try this too

Make sure your getting gaming packets in network priority for your device and also in FOD look at your bandwidth in settings make sure it’s like 1500kbps or below

6 minutes ago, MainLifeline said:

Make sure your getting gaming packets in network priority for your device and also in FOD look at your bandwidth in settings make sure it’s like 1500kbps or below

Looks like it, do you mean make my bandwidth for console 1500kbps?

Capture.JPG

Okay no…..just because those two lights are lighting up DOSENT mean it’s working. Read what I said above carefully…. What I mean by your bandwidth is don’t touch it at all. I’m saying go to call of duty or any cod, go to settings and look at your network bandwidth in game. It should be less than 1500KBPS

Just now, MainLifeline said:

Okay no…..just because those two lights are lighting up DOSENT mean it’s working. Read what I said above carefully…. What I mean by your bandwidth is don’t touch it at all. I’m saying go to call of duty or any cod, go to settings and look at your network bandwidth in game. It should be less than 1500KBPS

Also show me your NETWORK PRIORITY TAB and click on your gaming device and check if Gaming packets are going through

7 minutes ago, MainLifeline said:

Also show me your NETWORK PRIORITY TAB and click on your gaming device and check if Gaming packets are going through

Not sure what you mean by network priority tab, but bandwidth in game isn't less than 1500kbps

Hy there  im the guy you mentioned in the start of this thread

I think you said you was using the r2

Tp rules  dont work propely on the xr500 from my recent testing 

On ther2 there working  correctly

Ile post the ports needed    in a min  few linds below here as its a complicated

Private matchds  and public matches   run diffrent delays  on ps5

Ile explain

Private match   playing on dedicated servers my ping to the server is 9ms on my dumar os

Ingame  it shows around 25ms this is on  120hz thats a delay of 16ms  thats 60 hz

In a public match    playing on  a 9ms ping on my dumaros

Ingame ping shows around17ms on 120hz a delay of around 9ms    thats 120hz  delay

Im finding better hit reg on the   r2 early acess fw the one that has the dpi cloud update

That and tp are great

Im in the process of writing out everysingle port the game uses for better hit reg

But theres hundreds  maybe  thousands

As every game you play  a new port is needed

Heres what you should use for the time being 

Only one rule needed atm

Rule1

Source 3074  -3074        destination  30000 -50000udp only

This is my recomended ports for better hit reg on cod mw2    this isnt optimal

I think i might have to do an updated thread for cod mw2 

16 minutes ago, kinel said:

Hy there  im the guy you mentioned in the start of this thread

I think you said you was using the r2

Tp rules  dont work propely on the xr500 from my recent testing 

On ther2 there working  correctly

Ile post the ports needed    in a min  few linds below here as its a complicated

Private matchds  and public matches   run diffrent delays  on ps5

Ile explain

Private match   playing on dedicated servers my ping to the server is 9ms on my dumar os

Ingame  it shows around 25ms this is on  120hz thats a delay of 16ms  thats 60 hz

In a public match    playing on  a 9ms ping on my dumaros

Ingame ping shows around17ms on 120hz a delay of around 9ms    thats 120hz  delay

Im finding better hit reg on the   r2 early acess fw the one that has the dpi cloud update

That and tp are great

Im in the process of writing out everysingle port the game uses for better hit reg

But theres hundreds  maybe  thousands

As every game you play  a new port is needed

Heres what you should use for the time being 

Only one rule needed atm

Rule1

Source 3074  -3074        destination  30000 -50000udp only

This is my recomended ports for better hit reg on cod mw2    this isnt optimal

I think i might have to do an updated thread for cod mw2 

Appreciate your wise insight and I agree from my testing XR500 TP isn’t working properly and but the R2 on its next Fw coming is rocking nice. I will try your ports and ask if you can try mine Source 3074-3084 Destination 1-65535 TCP/UDP. Another forum user suggested those ports and I feel like hit reg is amazing on every cod. The ports light up no matter the cod in both public and private. Also Gaming packets are being read from it of course.

55 minutes ago, MainLifeline said:

Then no. It’s not working. You’re probably going to have to wait till the new firmware comes out g

My hit reg is really good since I got full fibre, wanted to try your suggestion if it made a difference. At times I cant tell the difference not using R2.

On 1/24/2023 at 8:18 PM, Mobel said:

@MainLifelinethere is definitely more then ping only lag comp definitely a huge factor that u have fiddle around with to work in ur favour and had many times that it will work for a few days or weeks and then be all off again the connection.

What works for me then most of the time is to turn the router off for 10-15 minutes with no power connected and after rebooted leave it for a 10 minutes to initialise and all.

Then dial down the dl/ul speeds to 500kb/1mbps for your console (with Share Excess OFF DL/UL) and start CoD play a few games even if u lag sometimes then restart application (CoD) for a few times with these very low bandwith settings for your console.

I tried this suggestion, lowering my bandwidth for console to 1mb download and upload and  noticed the felt much smoother than before I could tell there was a bit of improvement here 

No matter how low I drop my overall bandwidth or ps4 bandwidth it always reads 49152000 Kbps in-game. Tried traffic prio off as well in case it was bypassing the bandwidth limiter but it didn't work. It's been bugged like this for at least a month

Just now, johnnytran said:

No matter how low I drop my overall bandwidth or ps4 bandwidth it always reads 49152000 Kbps in-game. Tried traffic prio off as well in case it was bypassing the bandwidth limiter but it didn't work. It's been bugged like this for at least a month

For some reason i have no option to edit my comment so I'll post again. I tried really old firmware for the R2 but the QoS section wouldn't load no matter how many times I reset to factory. Tried a bunch of the old ones. Was hoping to use one of the ones before they added the Game/Voice apply to WAN options, cause that firmware gave me really good connection on MW19. Can't seem to get a good one on MW22.

3 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

it always reads 49152000 Kbps in-game

it always will unless you use OOS to dumb down your connection to under 4mbs. This is why when you upgrade your internet connection to a faster speed and the game gets worse the Lag compression engine just going to handicap you more

no cod as ever use  5mb or higher

9 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

it always will unless you use OOS to dumb down your connection to under 4mbs. This is why when you upgrade your internet connection to a faster speed and the game gets worse the Lag compression engine just going to handicap you more

no cod as ever use  5mb or higher

I've tried dropping it below 1Mbps it still reads 49152000 Kbps in-game. Tried everthing, hasn't changed. It used to change though

5 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

I've tried dropping it below 1Mbps it still reads 49152000 Kbps in-game. Tried everthing, hasn't changed. It used to change though

it wouldnt connect if the bandwidth was that low, never load, Why would ever want the game to go lower? you trying to turn  your graphics into minecraft?

You guys need to figure out whats the goal. Figure out whats more important first to you. Once that is dialed in then work on the next weakest point in your gaming experience.

2 hours ago, johnnytran said:

I was curious, and wanted to do some testing.

It's the same for me as well. Change the QOS to Devices, Change Download/Upload to 1mbps to Device, unchecked "Download Share Excess" / "Upload Share Excess". Set Traffic Prioritization ports to 3074-3080 source to 1-65535 destination / Wireless type = Normal (default) also tried WAN. Also tried with Congestion Control set to both "Always" and "Auto-Enable". Nothing seem to work for me either.   In game still of COD still shows 49152000 Kbps.

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

set it to 1mb then run a speed test i think its still going to put the output over 5mb if you actually want to test the 1mb theory

I tried and set PC bandwidth and ran speedtest

49570196_Screenshot2023-01-27222106_PC.thumb.png.93450717dfba007f4a629133c6b75583.png

Did the same on PS5

IMG-0627.thumb.jpg.e512663edfcb58c5e62c4f9f97ff18d2.jpg

Loaded up COD on PS5

IMG-0628.thumb.jpg.b75ba6e5e998c61cc077168fc5ede456.jpg

Don't know what's up with it not reading a lower bandwidth in CoD

2 hours ago, TrayDay said:

It's the same for me as well. Change the QOS to Devices, Change Download/Upload to 1mbps to Device, unchecked "Download Share Excess" / "Upload Share Excess". Set Traffic Prioritization ports to 3074-3080 source to 1-65535 destination / Wireless type = Normal (default) also tried WAN. Also tried with Congestion Control set to both "Always" and "Auto-Enable". Nothing seem to work for me either.   In game still of COD still shows 49152000 Kbps.

Yep no matter what I did I couldn't change the in-game bandwidth reading. Even changing my overall internet speed to something below 49152000 didn't work. I don't think it's a duma issue, I noticed it with one of my other routers as well

4 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

it wouldnt connect if the bandwidth was that low, never load, Why would ever want the game to go lower? you trying to turn  your graphics into minecraft?

You guys need to figure out whats the goal. Figure out whats more important first to you. Once that is dialed in then work on the next weakest point in your gaming experience.

I've connected and played matches with less.. I think it depends on the type of QoS used, I get different experiences with different queue disciplines. I know the dumaos use their own modified one, it seemed to work well in MW19 for me and has given me "a few" great matches in MW22 but I didn't have a single good connection in CW or Vanguard with it. I wish they gave us the option to try out different types of queue disciplines like other routers do, it would be te best router and it's not hard to do, I think they just don't want to overcomplicate it for people but the people that buy this router would be the type that would want more settings to test out.

My goal is to have good hit rego, fair gun fights etc. atm my games feel like they're running like crap, people are seeing me a lot sooner than I see them, a lot of engagements start with me shooting first getting a bunch of hit markers then getting dropped instantly. I'm a decent player, my kd has been well over 3 most cods and I've been playing since mw2. I know what it feels like to have the game run how it should - that's what my goal is. Keeping my internet standard without any router tweaks doesn't help at all so I'm experimenting with all settings until the game "works". Different ISP's don't help, atm I'm with the best one in my country and I never have ping spikes. Only 1 server location in Aus so I can't force further ones.

3 hours ago, TrayDay said:

Wait for the update for the new firmware for both the R2 and Xr500

1 hour ago, MainLifeline said:

Wait for the update for the new firmware for both the R2 and Xr500

I'm on the update. Sadly, It still doesn't work bringing the Kbps In-Game to 1500 Kbps on R2, for me.