Geo-filter Supported Game Request

Which Games You Like To Be Supported Next?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Games You Like To Be Supported Next?

• The Last of Us
    • Halo 5 / Halo Master Chief Collection
    • Assasins Creed
    • Far Cry 4
    • Battlefield
    • Dragon Age Inquistion
    • Plants vs Zombies
    • Other: Please write in your game of choice below, it will be added later.

Here is the place where you can request geo-filter support for your favorite games!  

Below you can see the list of games that the geo-filter currently works with, if you don't see one of your favorite multiplayer experiences on the list go ahead and request it.  I will add a poll for requested games so that the developers can see which games they should target first.

Geo-filter Supported Games

• CoD AW, Ghosts, BOP 2, MW2, other CoD* / Xb1, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3*
  • FIFA 15, FIFA 14 / Xb1, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3*
  • Destiny / Xb1, PS4
  • Battlefield 4 / Xbox 360, PS4*
  • GTA 4 and 5, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3 / Xb1, Xbox 360, PS4*, PS3* (If you’re not host you can occasionally get disconnected from the game.)
  • Halo 3, Master Chief Collection* / xb360, Xb1
  • Mario Kart 8 / Wii-U
  • Smash Bros / Wii-U
  • CS:GO / PC (Works for casual, server search. Competitive servers are clustered in the same location so may not be as useful but some people have mentioned they like the ability to force certain clusters e.g. EU West over EU East.)

* Games or platforms that have not yet been formally tested but should, in theory, work.  There are many other games that Host Filtering should already work.

Just to clarify "supported" games are games that have been tested, the features will work on other games Ac and halo 5 for example we just haven't tested them so haven't added to the list.

but please add any games you want to see "added" and we will test them as and when we can/have game ect

Just to clarify "supported" games are games that have been tested, the features will work on other games Ac and halo 5 for example we just haven't tested them so haven't added to the list.

but please add any games you want to see "added" and we will test them as and when we can/have game ect

I don't think the geofilter works at all with halo 5, at least not from my experience.  I just added the games so I could get the poll started (it needs at least 2 choices).  

If you think any changes should be made to this topic let me know and I'll change it, or you can change it if you'd like.

Guest Netduma Luke

I don't think the geofilter works at all with halo 5, at least not from my experience.  I just added the games so I could get the poll started (it needs at least 2 choices).  

If you think any changes should be made to this topic let me know and I'll change it, or you can change it if you'd like.

You are correct. To make a game compatible with the geo-filter, we need to white list its matchmaking servers. These servers usually provide info like player data so they need to be white listed.

For example, most Halo games have servers in Seattle, so we need to add 343's server IP ranges to an invisible white-list that runs in the background. This means they cannot be blocked by the geo-filter.

To make a game compatible takes us a bit of a time as we have to find the servers and add the ranges. Iain is looking into making this more automated in future but in the meantime, please vote away. We love your feedback so it's very helpful for us to know it there's a pressing need for a game to be made compatible.

P.S. I've edited the title to make to clear we're referring to host-filter compatibility - all other features will work regardless of the game.

I see BF4 in the list. Isn't it a "dedicated servers" game? 

Here is the place where you can request support for your favorite currently unsupported games!  

Below you can see the list of games that are currently supported by the Netduma R1 if you don't see one of your favorite multiplayer experiences on the list go ahead and request it.  I will add a poll for requested games so that the developers can see which games they should target first.

Netduma Currently Supported Games

• CoD AW, Ghosts, BOP 2, MW2, other CoD* / Xb1, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3*
  • FIFA 15, FIFA 14 / Xb1, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3*
  • Destiny / Xb1, PS4
  • Battlefield 4 / Xbox 360
  • GTA 4 and 5, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3 / Xb1, Xbox 360, PS4*, PS3* (If you’re not host you can occasionally get disconnected from the game.)
  • Halo 3, Master Chief Collection* / xb360, Xb1
  • Mario Kart 8 / Wii-U
  • Smash Bros / Wii-U
  • CS:GO / PC (Works for casual, server search. Competitive servers are clustered in the same location so may not be as useful but some people have mentioned they like the ability to force certain clusters e.g. EU West over EU East.)

* Games or platforms that have not yet been formally tested but should, in theory, work.  There are many other games that Host Filtering should already work.

I tested BF4 on the ps4 tonight and it does appear to work with the Netduma geo-filter.  It isn't really needed though because BF4 has a server browser, but if you are using the quick match option then you could use this to play on servers within your region.  In my testing I only saw servers on the northwest coast (USA), so if I ever had my geo-filter set to a smaller range that didn't include the northwest coast then I would be booted from the lobby.  Just some food for thought.

Netduma team should I add BF4 for the ps4 to the list of supported games with an asterisk next to it?  

Guest Netduma_Iain

yes please put BF4 as supported. Some people do like to use quick search. But you're correct its not as important cause you can do manual search :)

You are correct. To make a game compatible with the geo-filter, we need to white list its matchmaking servers. These servers usually provide info like player data so they need to be white listed.

For example, most Halo games have servers in Seattle, so we need to add 343's server IP ranges to an invisible white-list that runs in the background. This means they cannot be blocked by the geo-filter.

To make a game compatible takes us a bit of a time as we have to find the servers and add the ranges. Iain is looking into making this more automated in future but in the meantime, please vote away. We love your feedback so it's very helpful for us to know it there's a pressing need for a game to be made compatible.

P.S. I've edited the title to make to clear we're referring to host-filter compatibility - all other features will work regardless of the game.

thats not the only issue with H5/MCC, most players you played against to stay in the geo-filter and are shown up as continuous data-exchanging players (pulsating circles)

after a few games you stock up on such players and it becomes impossible to judge who is in your game and who isnt in the list

(which is why i recommeded a visual reset button to clear the map, see feedback)

the host analysis sidebar on the R1 also doesnt work for both games

anyhow it would be nice to see this being tackled, im sure if H5 is solved it will be the same for MCC and vice versa :)

yes please put BF4 as supported. Some people do like to use quick search. But you're correct its not as important cause you can do manual search :)

Ok, I just added it

+1 for more official testing/support for MCC. 

I'm down for helping test out MCC if any more testing is needed.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm nearly done on this annoying geo-filter issue. Then I'll come up with some sort of schedule for getting tasks done including this one. Thanks for waiting for me :)

I'm nearly done on this annoying geo-filter issue. Then I'll come up with some sort of schedule for getting tasks done including this one. Thanks for waiting for me :)

great, if there are any community inputs or tests needed let me know :)

On BF4 I select east servers and cant find any.. mostly mid and west servers only. Anyone else seeing this?

The other day when I played on ps4 there was only west coast servers available in the usa.  Just curious, where in the middle and on the west coast are you seeing servers?  Is this pc or console?

wrathoftank I'm on ps4. From what it looks like It around Arkansas and lower side of California

Interesting the only ones I saw were around Washington.  I'll probably test again to see if I was just having server issues...

• 3 weeks later...

can you add Halo MCC too?

my first pick right now, while its already functional the geo-filter is anything else than efficient or correct

most players have faulty locations and the geo-filter also doesnt reset after your game is done, means which each game you add up more and more people on the map

can you add Halo MCC too?

my first pick right now, while its already functional the geo-filter is anything else than efficient or correct

most players have faulty locations and the geo-filter also doesnt reset after your game is done, means which each game you add up more and more people on the map

And on that note (there might already be a thread about this), Halo MCC is a matchmade client-hosted game.  It has been my experience that the geo filter pretty much 100% guarantees you will never successfully be assigned host (which makes sense, given the nature of the geo filter).  Nonetheless, the netduma team obviously possesses some kind of networking wizardry, so please cast your spell on Halo MCC so it will allow you to be selected as host (and allow clients outside the geo range to connect to your host)

Archived