Stutters

Old J

Ok, so I'm on the verge of giving up gaming. I've tried so many thing to fix my issue, but i just cant see that it gets any better. The issue is short and (not) simple as this: Everytime i SHOOT (yes, actually) i get stutters. Just a small hiccup, but its noticable and I'm convinced that i loose a lot of 1v1 because of it. I'm playing Warzone and Valorant and it happens in both games. I'm in and out of immortal rank in Valorant and my KD for WZ was 2.5. So I'm not just a noob who cant aim. I know SOMETHING is going on.

I have tried a lot of things. I changed router from xr 300 to R2. I have experimentet with QoS. I've even changed my freaking PC because i believed that the PC itself was causing stutters. But it is NOT.

Connection benchmark shows only A's and A+'s. I've made a separat thread earlier about my findings when running Speedtest.net. Whenever I'm doing this on my iPhone i get the option to see the "detailed results". In theese results i can see my ping "highs" go up to 300-600 ms. But this is on WIFI on my phone and i dont know how much i should trust it. When im doing speedtest.net on my PC with ethernet cable i dont get the option to show detailed results. 

What can this possible be? Have you ever heard of a similar issue? 

Which firmware version are you running on the R2? We've got a new DPI update that's being tested at the moment, if you like, sign up to our Early Access group and once approved, download the latest firmware from there.

After that, go to Device Manager and click 'Resync cloud' from the three-line menu.

Set up QoS how you like it after that and test again.

All devices is connected to the R2, yes. 

So this is my current setup.Ive used auto-setup for this one. Ive tried many combinations. Im playing on PC and have set my PC to games console in the TP. 

Skjermbilde (3).png

Skjermbilde (4).png

1 hour ago, Old J said:

I pay for 350 up and down and i always get something close to that. Its set correctly in CC.

This is with no CC:

Skjermbilde (5).png

Skjermbilde (6).png

This is interesting. 

If you need to check your bufferbloat from pc you can also go to http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

As suggested test with and without CC.

Did you put your main modem into bridge mode? 

2 hours ago, Mostwest said:

This is interesting. 

If you need to check your bufferbloat from pc you can also go to http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

As suggested test with and without CC.

Did you put your main modem into bridge mode? 

I have my R2 connected directly into the modem from my isp. The router the isp gave me I don’t use. I don’t think I can access the modem in any way. Is this ok? Should I be using the router the isp gave me or is it ok with the R2 plugged directly into the isp modem? 

I’ll upload more tests with qos enabled later. 

• Administrators

The second is better but there is still room for improvement, you want it to look as much like the Ping Test results as possible (minus the spike) so experiment and see if you can get close to that and see if you notice a difference

Do you have a console to test out? I've seen people mention stuttering in the past and they've all been on PC. I recall a few people pointing how overclocked cpu or ram could be causing issues for some configs.

10 hours ago, Old J said:

How about this? its with 15/10 cc tho...

Skjermbilde (9).png

I'm pretty sure you should be able to access the isp modem by connecting your pc directly to it (lan port) and going 192.168.1.1 in the browser 

I do think your CC settings are quite low for the connection you are paying for

You should be able to reach almost perfect results with the standard 70/70 % or around that. 

If you are happy with like this then ok, otherwise check if your isp modem is correctly set into bridge mode from the page

@Mostwest thanks. I’ll try it out. But this is a modem with one Ethernet port and no Wi-Fi. I think its only function is to receive fibre signal and direct it to a router. But I’ll give it a go for sure!  Yeah the cc is really low, but it’s the only way I can get a stable connection 😳

Don’t have a console now, but being that the issue is present in more games I believe it’s something with my connection.

12 hours ago, Old J said:

@Mostwest thanks. I’ll try it out. But this is a modem with one Ethernet port and no Wi-Fi. I think its only function is to receive fibre signal and direct it to a router. But I’ll give it a go for sure!  Yeah the cc is really low, but it’s the only way I can get a stable connection 😳

Don’t have a console now, but being that the issue is present in more games I believe it’s something with my connection.

Look like it's already the best option you can get. You either are pretty unlucky with your net or maybe you can try again other settings in your R2

Thank you for all the answers so far. I want to go back to the first post I made about having "highs" in the Speedtest.net app. It's only in the app on iPhone i can see "detailed restults". How much should i put into this? Is it any other tests i can do on my PC to check the ping highs? 

33 minutes ago, Old J said:

Thank you for all the answers so far. I want to go back to the first post I made about having "highs" in the Speedtest.net app. It's only in the app on iPhone i can see "detailed restults". How much should i put into this? Is it any other tests i can do on my PC to check the ping highs? 

Waveform and dslreport are excellent when It comes to networks evalution

Test them both