Server map

Old J

Can someone please share an updated map of the servers? (Mw2)Is the Helsinki existing? I have the xr300 and no ping heatmap. 

also: what’s the point of using ping assist in call of duty? I KNOW there is a server where I get 25-27 ms Ping, but when using ping assist (tried typing in everything between 5 and 30) all the servers go through anyways. No filtering at all. 

1 hour ago, Old J said:

Can someone please share an updated map of the servers? (Mw2)Is the Helsinki existing? I have the xr300 and no ping heatmap. 

also: what’s the point of using ping assist in call of duty? I KNOW there is a server where I get 25-27 ms Ping, but when using ping assist (tried typing in everything between 5 and 30) all the servers go through anyways. No filtering at all. 

The most up-to-date one we have is from the beta, I'll see if I can get the team to produce a new one.

Do you have filtering mode enabled? Can you provide a screenshot of how you've currently got Geo-filter configured?

I’m not at home right now. But when I’m booting up the game all available servers pop up with dots around them (ping assist icon). All of them. And when I’m playing the server I’m on also has dots around it. 

In other words: all servers is allowed through ping assist. Independent of ping assist value. 

1 hour ago, Old J said:

I’m not at home right now. But when I’m booting up the game all available servers pop up with dots around them (ping assist icon). All of them. And when I’m playing the server I’m on also has dots around it. 

In other words: all servers is allowed through ping assist. Independent of ping assist value. 

That's interesting, I can't say I've heard of that problem before.

Presumably if you set Ping Assist to zero everything then filters properly?

If you could provide a screenshot of this behaviour, that'd be really helpful.

• Administrators

The way Ping Assist works is that it will take the initial response of the ping and determine whether to block/allow, even if the ping then goes up after that so it's recommended for forcing servers to have Ping Assist set to 0.

Do you have NAT set to Open in WAN Settings?

• Administrators

That's fine, in some cases on the 300 having that option set to Open makes the Geo-Filter not work as well. I would suggest trying Ping Assist in a few weeks when the game has settled, it might be all the servers are pinging low to spread the player base over as many servers as possible so force without Ping Assist for the moment.

Is Finland at 50ms likely to provide a better connection and experience than Italy and Spain at 30-35ms?

I also wonder which of these 3 server locations has the higher population, and which has the higher skill level of players.

Is the Finland server active though? That’s my biggest question really. Would be fantastic if it is. 

And what about Stockholm server? Is there one?

Thanks for all the answers. I’ll force manually for a few weeks and try again. 

That’s my problem. I don’t have ping heatmap. Wish I did. I have the xr300. Stockholm and Finland has never, and I mean never showed up when I’m starting the game and all the servers flashes. Not in mw 2019. Not warzone. And not mw2. I mean never. And I have checked a lot the last years. Yet I hear people saying it is active. Even netdumas own server map for the mw2 beta showed there was a Helsinki server. But not for me. 

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Old J said:

That’s my problem. I don’t have ping heatmap. Wish I did. I have the xr300. Stockholm and Finland has never, and I mean never showed up when I’m starting the game and all the servers flashes. Not in mw 2019. Not warzone. And not mw2. I mean never. And I have checked a lot the last years. Yet I hear people saying it is active. Even netdumas own server map for the mw2 beta showed there was a Helsinki server. But not for me. 

Here is what I'm seeing currently for EU though there maybe more: image.png

some servers may not always be available, for example there was one in Poland which isn't showing at the moment.

• Administrators

When that happens wait 1 minute then refresh the page and it will have worked. It may not be currently available - the above is from Ping Heatmap not the Geo-Filter, keep your radius over it and include the few closest servers and you may get put on it

It’s not working. I get into the polish server easily, but Helsinki is not even showing. I tried forcing every server on map yesterday thinking the server could be misplaced, but it’s not. At one time when I forced a server in the US the Helsinki one flashed briefly when booting up the game. So it is actually there, but I’ve seen it that one time only. I tried booting up the game again with the geo filter over Helsinki and Poland, but it was gone again right away. 

5 hours ago, Old J said:

It’s not working. I get into the polish server easily, but Helsinki is not even showing. I tried forcing every server on map yesterday thinking the server could be misplaced, but it’s not. At one time when I forced a server in the US the Helsinki one flashed briefly when booting up the game. So it is actually there, but I’ve seen it that one time only. I tried booting up the game again with the geo filter over Helsinki and Poland, but it was gone again right away. 

It may be reserved for other modes, we've also seen that before in the past. Sometimes servers are specific for Warzone/specific games modes within Warzone.

Yeah ok. I’m giving up at this point. Ping assist not working, no dumaos 3.0, qos makes the game run worse.. what’s the point. I bought the xr300 nearly two years ago expecting heat map, hybrid vpn and full dumaos 3.0 integration. You know why? Because NETGEAR WAS MARKETING IT WITH DUMAOS 3.0! NETGEAR THEMSELVES! 

I then, very disappointed, asked on the forum when dumaos 3.0 would be available. The answer didn’t give any info, just that it was planned with no ETA. Nearly two years ago… I think you guys are misleading your customers. I do not believe dumaos 3.0 ever will come to the xr 300. Clearly xr 300 is the last possible thing you guys prioritise. Maybe it’s not even possible?? I mean the router is so slow and old. 

anyways. I have been giving you guys the benefit of the doubt for two years hoping it would come, but no. Thank you for wasting mine and many others time. 

1 hour ago, Old J said:

Yeah ok. I’m giving up at this point. Ping assist not working, no dumaos 3.0, qos makes the game run worse.. what’s the point. I bought the xr300 nearly two years ago expecting heat map, hybrid vpn and full dumaos 3.0 integration. You know why? Because NETGEAR WAS MARKETING IT WITH DUMAOS 3.0! NETGEAR THEMSELVES! 

I then, very disappointed, asked on the forum when dumaos 3.0 would be available. The answer didn’t give any info, just that it was planned with no ETA. Nearly two years ago… I think you guys are misleading your customers. I do not believe dumaos 3.0 ever will come to the xr 300. Clearly xr 300 is the last possible thing you guys prioritise. Maybe it’s not even possible?? I mean the router is so slow and old. 

anyways. I have been giving you guys the benefit of the doubt for two years hoping it would come, but no. Thank you for wasting mine and many others time. 

I wasn't aware you were having any issues with QoS, I'm sure we can resolve that for you if you wanted to.

I can understand your frustration with the lack of updates for the XR300. As you say, it is old hardware. Part of the challenge with it is that it uses very different hardware to the rest of the range too, so it's a big challenge to get DumaOS 3 working on it, it essentially requires we treat it like a new platform and port to it again. This requires input from many people across many different teams from different companies. Given the age of the hardware and it's user base, it's difficult to get the required resources for such a task, particularly given the hardware's age.

As we've said, if it's possible, we'll do it. We just can't provide an ETA as to when.

If you'd like to troubleshoot anymore, just let us know.

The most disappointing was the NETGEAR marketing.. I double checked many times at it clearly states dumaos 3.0. 

but yeah. Qos.. I have a 350/350 fibre connection. Lowest ping achievable is 35-40 MS on Netherlands server. Tried everything. Every server. Tried throttling. I don’t know man. What ever I do I’m 1 second behind.