I can’t get My Netduma R2 to work

Itzjefe

For some reason my Netduma R2 only gives me the first 2 lights but has never turn on the 3 or 4 light i fallow the guide and everything but still can’t get it to work been trying for 2 months and nothing I hope someone can help me with this if u have any idea on how to fix it I’m all ears 🙏

image.jpg

I haven’t been able to do anything because it doesn’t connects to the internet so I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong but it doesn’t go pass the second light 

4 hours ago, Itzjefe said:

I haven’t been able to do anything because it doesn’t connects to the internet so I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong but it doesn’t go pass the second light 

hello itzjefe!

To perform the R2 configurator step, you do not need to have internet.

Connect a cable to any of the 4 free Lan ports on your R2 and connect that cable to a PC. Then go to your web browser and go to the following IP address: 192.168.77.1

That is when the R2 configurator will skip and you will be able to complete all the steps, surely after completing the configurator you will have access to the internet without problems.

A greeting!

• Administrators

As above, you can't get internet until you complete the setup wizard by accessing the interface and you don't need to internet to access the interface. Once complete you should have internet, let us know how you get on.

• Administrators

Yes you already have the PC connected to the R2 by the looks of it which is correct so you just need to plug an ethernet cable into the internet port (the one next to the power) and plug the other end into your modem. Then access the R2 interface, complete the wizard and you'll get internet.

• Administrators

You don't have to be connected to WiFi to access it. It looks like the cable connecting your PC to the router is not connected properly, push it into the router port and you should feel a click when it is in securely, then try again and disconnect from your current WiFi network when you try.

So I’m having a problem now that when I have the Ethernet cable connected to the Netduma R2 the internet in my pc goes off and in every 3 seconds but when I take the Ethernet cable out of the R2 and plug it in just in my pc it works no problem so I think there is a problem with my brand new R2 let me send u another video so u can see I’m sure we are close to fixing this but I think this is my last obstacle in the way 

1 hour ago, Itzjefe said:

Ok this is the right pic lol 

image.jpg

That Ip is very strange and is not usually the one that R2 usually grants.

If you try to enter http://10.0.0.1 ,what happens? can you try it and send a screenshot with what it shows you?

It is a most interesting case since in all these years I have never seen any Netduma give that Ip address. Hopefully a solution will be found for you.

• Administrators

It's most likely acting as a switch hence the above IP. Set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 192.168.77.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.77.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.77.1 please and see if you can access.