Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
zman1156

traffic prioritization

Recommended Posts

When applying traffic priorities for a game such as cod should it be set to normal and should i hit apply to WAN? or should it be gaming/voice? Im using a wired connection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zman1156 said:

When applying traffic priorities for a game such as cod should it be set to normal and should i hit apply to WAN? or should it be gaming/voice? Im using a wired connection. 

select normal for wired gaming devices and if you select apply to wan you might notice an improvement on your gameplay! 

i will leave a link

the 2nd post/comment in this thread goes into detail about Wmm and these traffic Ques. these are not chosen at random!

cheers

traffic prioritization here 

 

& if you scroll to the bottom of this link i have each function essentially broken down.

 

here

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zman1156 said:

When applying traffic priorities for a game such as cod should it be set to normal and should i hit apply to WAN? or should it be gaming/voice? Im using a wired connection. 

You can leave it as normal yes. As above, you might also notice an improvement with 'Apply to WAN' enabled, but it's dependant on your ISP and how they handle those packets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

You can leave it as normal yes. As above, you might also notice an improvement with 'Apply to WAN' enabled, but it's dependant on your ISP and how they handle those packets.

 

1 hour ago, zman1156 said:

sounds good :)

yeah man @Netduma Fraser is the goat! i will only pass on information i have received from him! dude in my opinion is the face of these forums for support! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ameryjr said:

yeah man @Netduma Fraser is the goat! i will only pass on information i have received from him! dude in my opinion is the face of these forums for support! 

Thank you very much! It's always nice to receive recognition for a post I didn't make specifically 😁

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

:(

emotionaldamage.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...