My review

iAmMoDBoX

UPDATE 1/7/15:

Pretty smooth game play so far, a few little lobby booting issues. But as you can see from the clip below everything is great!

http://xboxclips.com/I%20Am%20MoD%20BoX/e6b1c422-fad6-4aa0-bd2c-b26c2e7775d7/embed

Oh, and the support is great too!

UPDATE 1/11/15:

I played last night with a party of 6 hardcore search on AW and we were connected to a dedicated server somewhere on the east coast the whole night... It was buttery smooth. Best gameplay my friends and I have experienced. Every game we won and all went positive.

UPDATE 1/14/15:

I managed to play 20+ games on a dedicated server and boy was it smoooooooth. Pinging 20ms, everyone had full bars and every single kill was like butter... If they had real dedicated servers in AW (with proper match making searches) it would seriously be one of the better CODs I've played in a while.

UPDATE 1/31/15:

I decided at 5 AM eastern time to jump back on my 360 and try out black ops 2 with this god like router... I have been playing AW on Xbox One for the past 4 months and haven't touched any other game. I figured I would suck... This is the final scores of the first 3 games of hardcore search (all I play). Most people backed out before the game ended lol

40l6XWQ.jpg

zYpUH1W.jpg

DRiHsy7.jpg

As for AW on Xbox One... The game plays great when I get on a P2P host. I have my geo filter set really really small to try to avoid dedicated servers as much as possible. For the last 2 weeks or so they have been TERRIBLE and the problems you may be having aren't with this router, they are with the servers. I think this is a combination of xbox live issues, the DLC releasing, and higher player count. At the same time, while trying to avoid dedicated servers, even when I'm by myself it sometimes takes a very long time to find a game. (I tend to game really late in the morning 4,5,6 AM) But once I'm in a P2P hosted game within 200 KM of me I feel like I am unstoppable. My K/D each game has been consistently 2.5 or higher. Some games of hardcore search I go 12-1, 20-3, I've seen higher as well.

UPDATE 2/6/2015:

Dedicated server = http://i.imgur.com/H6SoPxJ.gifv

UPDATE 2/24/2015:

I ONLY play hardcore search and destroy and you can see my K/D is greatly improved as well as all my other stats...

486obeN.jpg

oxJQQqg.jpg

The days that show no improvement are because I didn't play, or play enough to change it. I have almost 20,000 kills so it's hard to make a big impact in a few hours of play.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Maz, couple of things about your "review" :P I haven't got AW yet and I'm definitely a CoD noob more of a halo/quake 3 dude myself. But

1. Those graphics look amazing, have you done something or is that normal?
  2. That last kill was sick nasty as my main man Faruk used to say(old school MLG reference)

Thanks Maz, couple of things about your "review" :P I haven't got AW yet and I'm definitely a CoD noob more of a halo/quake 3 dude myself. But

1. Those graphics look amazing, have you done something or is that normal?
  2. That last kill was sick nasty as my main man Faruk used to say(old school MLG reference)

I'll update it after some time of use lol... I'm a cod guy, been playing since cod 1 on pc, then cod 2 on my 360, and so on...

1. Graphics are just X1 AW graphics, they aren't even as good as in game since the video is compressed when it's recorded via the xbox.

2. If you used that shotgun in laggy games before you'll see how amazing it is just to get a 5 kill feed lol

P.S. One issue I had tonight, the first game me and my friends partied up - after the game it kicked everyone out of my party chat and the game lobby. It only happened one time out of the 30/40 games I played.

That is probably xbl end tbh. Remember to put your friends in your allow list :)

to do this, go into a private lobby with them.

then click each dot and drag the bar up to 100% as they are your friend.

Question? You mention dots! When actually in a room playing and all these dots appear, these dots that pop up, are all the dots a representation of all the people playing in the room? Sorry, I've been asking so many questions thru out this forum.

Question? You mention dots! When actually in a room playing and all these dots appear, these dots that pop up, are all the dots a representation of all the people playing in the room? Sorry, I've been asking so many questions thru out this forum.

they are technically representative of IP addresses, which could be a household (more than 1 person) however in most cases yes these are representative of people and where they are located.  

During a Game:

The largest dot is the host (ping him to see how good of a host he is)

If all the dots are large you are host (enjoy)

Ok. Got it. When I find a host I like, I understand the registering part of remembering the host, what throws me off is how do you use the red and green area that you can adjust by pulling on the triangles. What's the purpose of the adjustments?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Ok. Got it. When I find a host I like, I understand the registering part of remembering the host, what throws me off is how do you use the red and green area that you can adjust by pulling on the triangles. What's the purpose of the adjustments? How do you them

You just click and hold the little triangles and drag left or right so you can customise at what percentage you want things either blocked or allowed. So for example i could resize the red area to 75% and have the green area for the rest of it. Therefore any hosts I rated at 75% and below would be blocked. Its up to you how you want to customise it. 

You can rate the hosts that you've played with. So if you had a host with a lot of ping spikes you could set his rating at 0 so you essentially blocked him from being host again. The red and green are the thresholds. anything in red gets blocked anything in green is allowed. For you and I, pretty much any host in Hawaii I give 100%, that's the best ping we can get. I've only blocked 1 host on Kauai because the connection was spiking and fluctuating terribly, causing lots of rubberbanding lag.

they are technically representative of IP addresses, which could be a household (more than 1 person) however in most cases yes these are representative of people and where they are located.

During a Game:

The largest dot is the host (ping him to see how good of a host he is)

If all the dots are large you are host (enjoy)

Hey ABC, is this when the dots are large and stay large? I've been seeing pulsating dots which I've read mean Dedicated server. Just making sure.

You just click and hold the little triangles and drag left or right so you can customise at what percentage you want things either blocked or allowed. So for example i could resize the red area to 75% and have the green area for the rest of it. Therefore any hosts I rated at 75% and below would be blocked. Its up to you how you want to customise it. 

Got it!  Thanks for the clarification

You can rate the hosts that you've played with. So if you had a host with a lot of ping spikes you could set his rating at 0 so you essentially blocked him from being host again. The red and green are the thresholds. anything in red gets blocked anything in green is allowed. For you and I, pretty much any host in Hawaii I give 100%, that's the best ping we can get. I've only blocked 1 host on Kauai because the connection was spiking and fluctuating terribly, causing lots of rubberbanding lag.

Thanks

Hey ABC, is this when the dots are large and stay large? I've been seeing pulsating dots which I've read mean Dedicated server. Just making sure.

if you are in a game (actually playing) then yes that's likely a dedicated server...

when you are in a lobby or search for a game, that's just the game testing different people for whole would make a good host.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I think its more likley you connected to a player who had someone upload/downloading at his house. Anything above 250 hints at some sort of queueing problem in my opinion.

I think its more likley you connected to a player who had someone upload/downloading at his house. Anything above 250 hints at some sort of queueing problem in my opinion.

In about 30 different games, hosts and game types? That's highl unlikely I think.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Oh I see it was lots of games with different hosts. Its very likely a local problem then. If it persists let me know please

Oh I see it was lots of games with different hosts. Its very likely a local problem then. If it persists let me know please

No I want to make this clear it is NOT a problem with the NetDuma R1 router. I fully believe that there are in game mechanisms to punish good players, a system of lag and randomness. As well as the new skill based matchmaking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived