Neal

Powercut - NetDuma R2 suddenly stopped working and not showing wifi

My Netduma R2 has been working perfectly, sometimes I get powercuts but no biggy,  I recently had a powercut and the NetDumaR2 internet just completely stopped working.

When I tried to turn it back on again, there was no wifi and the ethernet would not work completely. I then decided to do a factory reset for 30 seconds, as per the manual, and I finally got the ethernet cable to work to my PC, but again no wifi lights and my other USB hubs that I tried to plug in did not work. So I went onto my PC and turned it on and cant even access the Duma OS to configure the wifi settings, I just get an erorr but the rest of the websites work, no usb hub or wifi or anything else works. I tried everything nothing seems to work, but another router is providing internet and WIFI fine so it its the R2 Router.

I did a factory reset again and the R2 wont even reset (does not reboot etc, followed manual even dc all cables etc), I tried absolutely everything and read all forum posts. Now the internet is not even working at all, and I have tried everything and cant even get the LAN to work, Please help me or organise a replacement, as I only purchased it a few months ago.
My forum email is different to my purchase email, should I sent an email to [email protected]

Please help me ASAP, as I need this for work.

Kind regards,
Neal

Also to note I have tried different IP when trying to access the site, I use the one provided by the router, I did ipconfig /all in CMD, ive gone really through everything, I have searched through the forums for similar issues, so that way i can expedite it and try everything, nothing is working I am not even getting internet anymore via ethernet, let alone WIFI. I just need this sorted asap, please do let me know as its urgent for work.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. First thing to do, unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, this will let the residual power drain. Then plug it in and wait 2 minutes, attempt a connection, if that doesn't work try a reset again - hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then attempt access. If that doesn't work then while connected to it via ethernet do ipconfig in command prompt and provide a screenshot of the results please.

HI Fraser,

With respect, I have done all this already its not working, I have done this method and have tried to let the residual power drain, I also tried to plug it n again and I press reset but no avail even after a couple of times, I cant connect to the internet via the router

Just to clarify, are you pressing reset or holding it? While connected to it via ethernet do ipconfig in command prompt and provide a screenshot of the results please.

ipconfig.thumb.jpg.602c7f163b0cf553018d0558d37390dd.jpgHi Fraser, again with respect and not trying to sound in that way, I have gone through all the instructions and other forum posts and actually done both the 30 seconds, and the minute and half one, and holding it with and without ethernet wires etc. Also tried the turning on method resetting no routers connected, even giving router 45 sec to set, then turning on modem etc, I exhausted all possibilities on that side.
I have unplugged everything from the router that is working and put the netduma back and i tried resetting it but no fix to the internet, only 1 other ethernet in going to my PC. 
Please see image as requested, below this ipconfig just random ethernet plugs also dc'd and not related and wifi dc'd

We have to go through the troubleshooting steps to determine whether it is faulty and then we can authorize a replacement, I hope you can understand that anyone could say I've done everything and it doesn't work. Not saying you're doing it for that reason, I just have to follow our procedure for replacements - if we can't get it sorted then we'll get it replaced.

No need to obscure parts of the picture, it's all local information. Looks like it's acting like a switch which is why you get internet through it. Can you unplug the modem from the router so just the PC and power is connected to it, do another ipconfig in this state and post the picture please?

Hi Fraser, I understand I just didnt want you to think I havent tried to sort the issue out, its rather this cant wait and I need it sorted ASAP. Please see the attached image, under the specific DNS Suffix, it does show my internet provider. I know its local data but still.
ipconfig2.thumb.jpg.f75ba83cdfc110871a8bfc4a4e8c3a90.jpg

You're all good no worries! It's the weekend so we do have a bit of time to troubleshoot as we wouldn't be able to get out a replacement until Monday anyway. 

So while in this same setup (no modem connected) set a static IP on the PC itself that is connected via ethernet to the router using this information and this guide (control panel) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/

IP 192.168.77.100
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.77.1
DNS 192.168.77.1

then see if you can access using 192.168.77.1

Hi Fraser,

Did as you said specifically, and done it but no avail.
Did it both with just the ethernet cable connected without the modem, and then also did it again with the modem connected also, tried to reset as well, still not working.

Connected timeout on both

Regards

Neal

9 hours ago, Neal said:

Hi Fraser,

Did as you said specifically, and done it but no avail.
Did it both with just the ethernet cable connected without the modem, and then also did it again with the modem connected also, tried to reset as well, still not working.

Connected timeout on both

Regards

Neal

OK, do you have a different power adapter you can try? We had a user experience a similar problem to this recently and it turned out their power adapter was damaged, this could definitely have happened to yours considering you had a power cut. 

Hi Liam & Fraser,

I happened to find a different power adapter, it should of been fine because I had a surge protector, but I tried with a different power adapter but it seems to make no difference, I even connected it directly to the mains but no avail.

Regards
Neal

9 hours ago, Neal said:

Hi Liam & Fraser,

I happened to find a different power adapter, it should of been fine because I had a surge protector, but I tried with a different power adapter but it seems to make no difference, I even connected it directly to the mains but no avail.

Regards
Neal

Thanks Neal, could you please send an email over to us at [email protected] with a link to this thread and your original order number? We can then organise a replacement for you.

I have sent the email Liam, could you kindly reply to it to notify that you have received it, as I emailed before previously, but I never got a reply so just want to make sure.

Kind regards,
Neal

10 minutes ago, Neal said:

I have sent the email Liam, could you kindly reply to it to notify that you have received it, as I emailed before previously, but I never got a reply so just want to make sure.

Kind regards,
Neal

What was the email address you emailed us with? I can't see an email from the one your forum account is associated with.

Hi Fraser, 

I sent it at 8:32 PM UK time on Wednesday 13th October
email starts with K,
Title of email: Netduma R2 Replacement + Thread

10 hours ago, Neal said:

Hi Fraser, 

I sent it at 8:32 PM UK time on Wednesday 13th October
email starts with K,
Title of email: Netduma R2 Replacement + Thread

I've responded to you now! :)