Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
yquzac

UDP Flood XR1000

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Wodnering if you can help, I have XR1000 trying to connect cloud gaming service should however getting 0.2% packet loss which is big enough to cause issues, however in logs I can see I have UDP FLOOD which is coming from shadow service is the router causing my UDP packets to drop

 

 [DoS attack: UDP Flood] from source 85.***.**.46,port 7010 Thursday, Sep 23,2021 13:39:06

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What cloud gaming service are you trying to use exactly? That's not a lot of packet loss and is within an acceptable range, what issues are you seeing exactly? What is the speeds you pay for/expect? What is your usual ping shown by speedtest.net / to a game?

Can you provide the IP of the entry please so I can take a look?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course its shadow cloud gaming (blade) I have no issue with other services and shadow support said issue my end my ISP is vodafone 66 up 18 down - it has been working ok but according to shadow 0.2% packet loss is not ok and needs to be 0% for a smooth stream  while using tcp i have no packet loss - would the router be blocking the huge amount of udp packets from shadow ? 

[DoS attack: UDP Flood] from source 85.190.71.46,port 7010 Thursday, Sep 23,2021 13:39:06

 

I get alot of these errors - also when I pingplotter hop 1 which is XR1000 showing around 0.7% packet loss so I have no idea 

 

I will post a screen shot now .

 

Yes I have tried ethernet wifi 2.4 and 5ghz all the same respionce

bbcpl.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those little logs are normal and I have to agree with Fraser that 0.2% is nothing to worry about.

Can you try another target rather than BBC. 
 

Close down PingPlotter, open, aim at say Google then run a speed test to saturate your line as much as possible. Also what is your QoS settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand what your saying but shadow are saying I need packet loss of 0% for a smooth service I'll attach another document,  they are saying it's unacceptable. It may look minor but it does effect the stream 

20210923_124741.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Those little logs are normal and I have to agree with Fraser that 0.2% is nothing to worry about.

Can you try another target rather than BBC. 
 

Close down PingPlotter, open, aim at say Google then run a speed test to saturate your line as much as possible. Also what is your QoS settings?

Yea I'll do that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're concerned the router may be blocking some UDP traffic you can make a Traffic Controller rule to Allow ALL traffic to the device and see whether it's better. The latency and FPS it's saying you're getting are great, what is the actual issues your experiencing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

 

 

Allowing all traffic didn't work  however shadow reached out to me saying 

Thank you for reaching out to the Shadow Support Team!

With the screenshot you have shared, it looks like there is latency on your network. This will cause issues when trying to maintain a stable connection with Shadow, which is why you are experiencing this as Shadow has a hard time maintaining a stable connection. 

 

So basically 0.2% is unacceptable 🙄 

 

Can anyone help 

 

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no way 0.2 packet loose is an issue, however it would be helpful for you to run PingPlotter and saturate your network so we can see if there is an issue. 
if say you saturate your connection and it shows spikes on the bottom graph we can look at how your QoS is set.

Normally if there’s an issue you will see high spikes when other traffic is there. Even the first photo of PingPlotter shows no issue as that small amount of packet loose is not carried through the rest of then hops.

Saturate your line and see what happens and post the results please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good advice above, let us know how you get on with that. If you gave them that PingPlotter screenshot the only 'latency' you had was a big spike but that would have been one moment and not a consistent issue. They should also have a look at their own service given that screenshot where it shows the packet loss says the connection quality is 'Great'.

What issues are you seeing exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As requested - 7.50 am is when I did a speed test and packet loss then appeared on hop 7 soon as line was saturated and it never disappeared after that. Issue when I get packet loss on shadow even minor it has visual or audio effects which gives you bad experience.

Thanks 

test.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s great, don’t worry about hop 7, it’s not an issue. 

we can now see when your line is saturated you have latency so the next question is on the congestion control how is it set up. Please post some pics if it helps.

Theres no packet loss showing either, the bottom graph would show a nice red line. 
 

Just confirm the test was with a wired connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Newfie said:

That’s great, don’t worry about hop 7, it’s not an issue. 

we can now see when your line is saturated you have latency so the next question is on the congestion control how is it set up. Please post some pics if it helps.

Theres no packet loss showing either, the bottom graph would show a nice red line. 
 

Just confirm the test was with a wired connection.

Thank you for all your help I do appreciate it.

 

 

image1.png

image2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment you are at 70%, that’s a good starting point, have you tried altering this and each time saturate your connection and see how it looks on PingPlotter?

let’s try 53 down and 14 up. Run the test and see if the latency changes on the bottom graph. We are going to see if we can soften out those spikes. When you say run a speed test that saturates it the bottom graph will show how this effects it. Best to run at least 3 speed test so you get a good view of what’s going on.

Feel free to post a pic of PingPlotter so we can see how it changes 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2021 at 9:42 AM, Newfie said:

At the moment you are at 70%, that’s a good starting point, have you tried altering this and each time saturate your connection and see how it looks on PingPlotter?

let’s try 53 down and 14 up. Run the test and see if the latency changes on the bottom graph. We are going to see if we can soften out those spikes. When you say run a speed test that saturates it the bottom graph will show how this effects it. Best to run at least 3 speed test so you get a good view of what’s going on.

Feel free to post a pic of PingPlotter so we can see how it changes 👍

Hi thanks for your help I managed to get ping plotter line stable - I also but the ASUS in bridge mode which did drop my ping around 2ms however I am still getting around 0.2 - 0.5% packetloss on shadow , I have tried hotspot off my phone and didn't get any packetloss so the issue  with to be with my ISP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...