Sign in to follow this  
Ash

R2 keeps saying no internet connection

Hi Team,

over the past 2 days my R2 keeps losing internet connection completely. This is by WIFI and Ethernet.

I turn off the R2 and connect it again and it starts working however When I go to login to the router it doesn't recognise my username or Password so I have to reset the whole router and then start the set up process again. Currently I have tested this today and the max time I get internet connection is 3 hours. After 3 hours it drops totally and I have to do the above process. I have all my devices connected to the R2 my Ee broadband router is in bridge mode. I had similar issues previously and Netduma sent me a new R2 and for some reason the same thing is happening again. Is there a fix for this rather then you sending me out a new R2 as I do not want to keep having this issue every 6months o so.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've sent you a private message, please see if that helps

So it’s gone again same thing. Lasted not even an hour. 

That's disappointing, could you take the EE router out of bridge mode, copy the WAN IP from the R2 System Information page and set that as static on the EE router and see if its more stable please?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's disappointing, could you take the EE router out of bridge mode, copy the WAN IP from the R2 System Information page and set that as static on the EE router and see if its more stable please?

I had already done this before for the ip to be static 

Did you definitely factory reset after the suggestion I provided? 

What was happening on the network prior to the issue first starting or were any settings changed? 

When you setup the router again after a reset what settings do you change right away?

On 9/11/2021 at 12:35 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you definitely factory reset after the suggestion I provided? 

What was happening on the network prior to the issue first starting or were any settings changed? 

When you setup the router again after a reset what settings do you change right away?

Yes I did. Sorry I thought I replied.

i factory reset via the web browser and after on the box as that’s the only way I can login with a full reset. 

I do not know if any setting chnaged as I was unable to log back in. And once I do reset the router everything goes back to factory settings where I need to set everything up 

On 9/18/2021 at 12:06 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay try .123 please, a new version shouldn't be far off so hopefully we can get you relatively stable until then 

hey, Same thing keeps happening. I have been monitoring it and still disconnects

It doesn't appear to be a WAN IP issue based on your IP staying the same between these last two posts. Could be DHCP on the router, set the lease hours to 168, also set the range to start at .50 and reserve IPs for devices between .2 - .49 and see whether it stays on for longer. Might be best to do this on the latest version provided though.