Sign in to follow this  
BlingTheory

uPNP can not be enabled on new .58 firmware update for the XR1000

I upgraded my firmware on the XR1000 (from 1.0.0.52 to 1.0.0.58) and found that I can no longer enable uPNP. Is anyone else getting this issue?

Does it work better on dmz instead? Cause I think im getting the same problem honestly which is a bunch of error codes on every page 

6 hours ago, BlingTheory said:

I upgraded my firmware on the XR1000 (from 1.0.0.52 to 1.0.0.58) and found that I can no longer enable uPNP. Is anyone else getting this issue?

Welcome to the forum!

Did you factory reset the XR after the upgrade? This is recommended to clear anything that could've been potentially left over from the previous update.

2 hours ago, MrRelentlessUK said:

I have the same issue even with a factory reset 

Does it show as enabled and is just not doing anything, or is the option grey'd out? What are you seeing exactly in your Network settings? Do you have NAT filtering set to Open or Secured?

33 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Does it show as enabled and is just not doing anything, or is the option grey'd out? What are you seeing exactly in your Network settings? Do you have NAT filtering set to Open or Secured?

The option for UPnP is available, Tick the box and press apply and it just reverts back to off 

Nat filtering is set to secured 

31 minutes ago, MrRelentlessUK said:

The option for UPnP is available, Tick the box and press apply and it just reverts back to off 

Nat filtering is set to secured 

OK, I'll speak with the team and see if we can reproduce this.

Same on my XR1000- upnp can't be turned on.

I did not even know that there was an update. COD cold war game started to be very laggy. Probably there are more issues with the new firmware.

I  went back to 1.0.0.52, game runs ok again.

7 minutes ago, Jackal235 said:

Same on my XR1000- upnp can't be turned on.

I did not even know that there was an update. COD cold war game started to be very laggy. Probably there are more issues with the new firmware.

I  went back to 1.0.0.52, game runs ok again.

It will be enabled as it's enabled by default so it's more likely to be a visual issue - recommended to do a factory reset after an upgrade and that would likely resolve the lag

Same problem. Sorry I just posted a separate thread for this. Did anyone find any more info on this problem??

4 hours ago, Harley said:

Same problem. Sorry I just posted a separate thread for this. Did anyone find any more info on this problem??

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I just replied to your topic, it is a known issue and should be enabled by default even if it doesn't appear to be

This is not just a visual issue, I know it is not running even after factory reset based on my Plex server not open to outside connection when only UPnp set, I still have to port forward to have outside connections

14 hours ago, [email protected] said:

This is not just a visual issue, I know it is not running even after factory reset based on my Plex server not open to outside connection when only UPnp set, I still have to port forward to have outside connections

Thanks for confirming this!

4 hours ago, Harley said:

The problem is that I clicked on it a few times so I have no idea what it is set to.

I don't think it's being enabled at all, so regardless of how many times you click it it's still disabled.

At first I was actually trying to disable it. It wouldn't disable. But after a while ( perhaps a reset ) it displays that it is disabled. Whether it is or not is another question.

2 hours ago, Harley said:

At first I was actually trying to disable it. It wouldn't disable. But after a while ( perhaps a reset ) it displays that it is disabled. Whether it is or not is another question.

How strange, OK thanks for letting us know!