Jump to content

Netduma R2 stopped working again.... :/


Recommended Posts

Hello all,

  I my Netduma stopped working about 3 or 4 days ago and I can't get it to work (I am thinking it's junk??).  I have powered it on and off; and switched routers and am sure that it's the issue.  The lights light up and all the ethernet cables are correctly connected.  

Anyone have any advice?  This is the second time it's done this and this time it hasn't miraculously started working again.

Thanks for you help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
14 hours ago, ymustuknow said:

Hello all,

  I my Netduma stopped working about 3 or 4 days ago and I can't get it to work (I am thinking it's junk??).  I have powered it on and off; and switched routers and am sure that it's the issue.  The lights light up and all the ethernet cables are correctly connected.  

Anyone have any advice?  This is the second time it's done this and this time it hasn't miraculously started working again.

Thanks for you help!

Sorry to hear that! Are you able to access the DumaOS interface? Could you also try clearing cache before doing this?

Were there any changes to the network or DumaOS prior to it stopping working?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry to hear that! Are you able to access the DumaOS interface? Could you also try clearing cache before doing this?

Were there any changes to the network or DumaOS prior to it stopping working?

I will see if I can when I get home after work today and get back to you.  You want me to clear my cache on my browser?  I didn't make any changes to the network this time (and the 1st time); it just stopped working.  No Wifi, no hardwired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
8 minutes ago, ymustuknow said:

I will see if I can when I get home after work today and get back to you.  You want me to clear my cache on my browser?  I didn't make any changes to the network this time (and the 1st time); it just stopped working.  No Wifi, no hardwired.

OK thank you, yes please clear browser cache or use an incognito window so nothing is auto-filled/loaded.

Let us know how you get on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK thank you, yes please clear browser cache or use an incognito window so nothing is auto-filled/loaded.

Let us know how you get on.

Well, it's mostly offline/disconnected, but every 30 seconds to a minute it goes online for just a few seconds.  I can't fully log into the GUI. :(  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
9 hours ago, ymustuknow said:

Well, it's mostly offline/disconnected, but every 30 seconds to a minute it goes online for just a few seconds.  I can't fully log into the GUI. :(  

OK, could you please factory reset the R2 by holding the reset pin on the back for at least thirty seconds, then allow it a few minutes to reset.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, could you please factory reset the R2 by holding the reset pin on the back for at least thirty seconds, then allow it a few minutes to reset.

Does it need to be plugged in during this process?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2021 at 5:27 AM, Netduma Liam said:

OK that looks correct, could you please clear you browser cache and refresh the page for DumaOS. 

Alternatively you could hit F12, go to the Network tab and disable cache, then refresh.

Cleared the cache and still can't connect.

192-168-1-1.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bert said:

It is.

 

Look at the screenshot you posted.

 

Default Gateway = your router's IP.

It's never been that fyi.  It's probably because it's not working.  But well see in about 2 mins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's probably because you reset it.

 

Netduma R1 and R2 default to 192.168.77.1/24 for their internal range, the Netgear XR routers default to the 192.168.1.1/24 range. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ymustuknow said:

It's never been that fyi.  It's probably because it's not working.  But well see in about 2 mins.

You were right, must have been reset during the hard reset.  Well it started to let me set up the first few settings and then the connection was on and off again 😕

Keeps-Disconnecting.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

In the above screenshot during setup were you connected via WiFi? If so and you changed the WiFi details in the wizard then you need to reconnect to the WiFi using those credentials and you should be able to continue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In the above screenshot during setup were you connected via WiFi? If so and you changed the WiFi details in the wizard then you need to reconnect to the WiFi using those credentials and you should be able to continue

I was connected hardwired not Wifi, is down more than it's up by a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does the PC show ethernet switching between connected/disconnected? Have you managed to get through the wizard?

On the PC it does show the ethernet switching between connected and disconnected.  I haven't been able to get throught the wizard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...