Sign in to follow this  
Eefo

Wifi lights are not lit

Hey there. Can someone help me out here. So i just plugged my r2. It powered up and surprisingly the ethernet lights are lit but not the wifi which is the reason why i am unable to access the setup site.

Is there any other way i can login to the setup site?

And the reset button at the back also not resetting the router.

16252589325625606012879533470005.jpg

Is there any other way to reset the device if the button at the back isn't working?

?

The best is to connect by Ethernet with your PC or MAC to the R2, so you can more easily configure your WiFi access to the R2. On your browser, type 192.168.77.1 to access the R2 configuration page ...

1 minute ago, Fuzy said:

?

The best is to connect by Ethernet with your PC or MAC to the R2, so you can more easily configure your WiFi access to the R2. On your browser, type 192.168.77.1 to access the R2 configuration page ...

my computer is connected to the router via ethernet but it still wont let me access 192.168.77.1
i can access the internet but cant access 192.168.77.1

7 minutes ago, Eefo said:

Update.

So i unplugged the router and plugged it back in and now this is the result.

Wifi is simply disconnected on the R2!

Just now, Fuzy said:

image.png.6f5207091d3ceb811fec1c5e63cf0ade.png

i wish i could access this site. but i am unable to do so. thats what my issue is.

5 minutes ago, Eefo said:

i wish i could access this site. but i am unable to do so. thats what my issue is.

Is your PC connected by ethernet to R2? You should have this in your network settings !!!

image.png.196a949f072c636a81f5a8a63816f296.png

1 minute ago, Fuzy said:

Is your PC connected by ethernet to R2? You should have this in your network settings !!!

image.png.196a949f072c636a81f5a8a63816f296.png

it is bud, i am replying you from my computer which is connected to the r2 and it didn't even ask me to setup.
I guess my device has an issue with it. I cant even reset it. the button at the back wont reset the router.

First hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release then wait 2 minutes before accessing it, then see if you can connect to the interface, if not do this:

Set a static IP on the PC itself that is connected via ethernet to the router using this information and this guide (control panel) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/
IP 192.168.77.100
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.77.1
DNS 192.168.77.1
also disable IPv6 from the ethernet adapter, then see if you can access using 192.168.77.1

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

First hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release then wait 2 minutes before accessing it, then see if you can connect to the interface, if not do this:

Set a static IP on the PC itself that is connected via ethernet to the router using this information and this guide (control panel) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/
IP 192.168.77.100
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.77.1
DNS 192.168.77.1
also disable IPv6 from the ethernet adapter, then see if you can access using 192.168.77.1

The reset button is broken i believe, it wont do anything. So tried the tutorial for static ip from control panel. And added primary and secondary dns 192.168.77.1 but it said cant have alternate dns sane as preferred. So removed secondary dns and pressed ok and it went thru and the disabled ipv6 and now the device is doing what i showed in the video, the internet light keeps turn on and off.

Okay this is reallt weird. So i pressed and held the reset button for 30 seconds while the lights were turning on and off and that pressing and holding for 30 seconds stopped that and now the lights are on, but now on my computer it says unidentified network with no internet .

I apologies if I'm bothering you guys with my problem 😕

16252628816514882699431424986363.jpg

Will it be a wise idea to open up the device and see if the reset button's wires are connected or not?

Its official, my device is broken 😔

The reset button wont do ANYTHING.

No don't open it up, you will void your warranty, that is a bad idea. You need to access the interface and run through the setup wizard before you can get internet. Did you try and access the interface when you had set the static IP - can you access it now? 

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No don't open it up, you will void your warranty, that is a bad idea. You need to access the interface and run through the setup wizard before you can get internet. Did you try and access the interface when you had set the static IP - can you access it now? 

every time i disable ipv6 i lose internet connection, as shown in the image above, so there is no way for me to access the interface.

35 minutes ago, Eefo said:

every time i disable ipv6 i lose internet connection, as shown in the image above, so there is no way for me to access the interface.

35 minutes ago, Eefo said:

P.S what is the warranty duration of this router?

You don't need internet to access the interface - you're accessing a local device essentially, try accessing in the web browser, does it send you to the interface?

If we diagnose a fault then we can replace the router within 1 year after your purchase date.

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't need internet to access the interface - you're accessing a local device essentially, try accessing in the web browser, does it send you to the interface?

If we diagnose a fault then we can replace the router within 1 year after your purchase date.

I was trying to get an access at my store but it didn't work, so I've brought it home. Gonna try at home and see if it works. 

And I've bought the router in august 2020.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay let us know how you get on. That's fine then, still got time, if we diagnose a fault then you'll be eligible for a replacement.

I am afraid fraser, it is doing the same at home, the lights keep turning on and off and the reset button is also not working.

Forget about the lights and reset button for the moment, are you able to access the interface of the router by typing 192.168.77.1 into your web browser when you're connected via ethernet?

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Forget about the lights and reset button for the moment, are you able to access the interface of the router by typing 192.168.77.1 into your web browser when you're connected via ethernet?

I am not. I even tried the static ip method. It still wont let me access the interface.