unable to access the interface

hello, 

problem: about a week ago, i got home and noticed their was no internet connection. so i went to reset the router, after the reset, i notice my hardwire devices had access to the internet but my wireless devices werent connected and no sign of the wifi appearing. so i went back and saw that the only two lights not on/working were the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz. so i tried logging into the netduma r2 interface and noticed i was unable to access the interface (192.168.77.1) or (http://dumaos). i have tried holding the button for 30 seconds, releasing it, and waiting 2 minute, i have tried unplugging the router directly from the power for 10 minutes, then connecting it, and waiting 2 minutes. But the result is the same;  unable to access the interface (192.168.77.1) or (http://dumaos), no wifi, and the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz lights arent on (no flashing no nothing). 

another issue i was having on my netduma r2 was that it would randomly lose internet connection. WiFi disconnects, then Any device connected to the netduma r2 would lose connection. All lights on the netduma r2 stay on. i would have to reset the router and everything would be fine until it did it again (randomly loses internet connection). but this issue stopped about 2 months ago, when it was happening every week or so, sometimes twice in the same week. im not sure if this played a part in what is happening now. i saw in some post with similar problems that admins were asking people to pull up the command prompt and type ipconfig. what info were they looking for in there? is there any other information that might be useful in trying to figure out what is happening please let me know. 

thank you. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. If you can do the ipconfig command that would be helpful, what I'm looking for is whether you're getting an IP address from the router or whether the router is acting like a switch and you're getting an IP from the modem which is what I suspect is happening

hello,

IPv4 Address: 192.168.0.2

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1

would this be what you are looking for? would a picture be more helpful? 

thank you.

• Administrators

That's great thanks, just what I needed.

Set a static IP on the PC itself that is connected via ethernet to the router using this information and this guide (control panel) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/
IP 192.168.77.100
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.77.1
DNS 192.168.77.1
then see if you can access using 192.168.77.1

hello,

after following the control panel guide and entering the information provided. i was still unable to access 192.168.77.1. "This site can’t be reached 192.168.77.1 took too long to respond." 

thanks.

hello, 

yes, it showing 

IPv4 Address: 192.168.77.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.77.1

and after unticking IPv6 and applying it, i still didnt have access 

thanks.

Good Morning,

Sorry to piggy back off this thread, but I'm getting a similar issue. 

I'm unable to access the interface. I using the default "admin" "password" after a reset but with no luck. 

I've also attempted different browsers - Chrome, Edge, Explorer. 

https://gyazo.com/f9cf7367defcab91c7ef818768f29a5d

Wondering if someone could help me out? 

Kind Regards,

JMS