Jump to content
Jayco93

Allowing friends on Xbox geo filter

Recommended Posts

When I’m on destiny, what will cause my friend to ping on my map to allow them? Is it when they join my party chat, or my game lobby? I’d like to allow them so the party doesn’t drop out. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either one should make them appear on the map, they just need to make some sort of connection to you. Make sure you zoom out fully on the map and check quickly as it can disappear fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Either one should make them appear on the map, they just need to make some sort of connection to you. Make sure you zoom out fully on the map and check quickly as it can disappear fast

And it can be anywhere? If they are in New York, it can show up anywhere? I’ve tried this and see nothing. Can I fully zoom out on the app? I had a friend join the party and game and I was in the lobby and I got multiple people popping up. E590F1B3-F7AE-47EA-BD98-1E839C427C0B.thumb.png.61702e73b5539608ed8dbe1595372d18.png11FEE60F-BB6C-4A2A-B735-F2E420DA9F9D.thumb.png.42bbb68ff58a362afa2f2c115afa30f3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they can do but do look around where they're supposed to be first. Were you in the tower here? If so go to the actual menus when you first load up the game, if you already were then add them to a private chat on the dashboard and only they should appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes they can do but do look around where they're supposed to be first. Were you in the tower here? If so go to the actual menus when you first load up the game, if you already were then add them to a private chat on the dashboard and only they should appear.

I was in orbit so I should have been connected to nobody. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's odd, try it from the dashboard and see whether you can see them on the map to add.

I will try 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this not something you could do to help connect to friends only? Get their IPs from a private match then use you're settings to only allow them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Reithreges said:

Is this not something you could do to help connect to friends only? Get their IPs from a private match then use you're settings to only allow them? 

We've had a request to allow people to enter IPs into allow/deny so once implemented you could do that yes but not currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reithreges said:

Is this not something you could do to help connect to friends only? Get their IPs from a private match then use you're settings to only allow them? 

You’re onto something! @Netduma Fraserwhen is this happening? So I can match make and only find my friend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jayco93 said:

You’re onto something! @Netduma Fraserwhen is this happening? So I can match make and only find my friend?

We don't have a specific time when this will happen but it shouldn't be to difficult to do. Well you would still need to connect to a game server so unlikely you could do that. Just easier to allow them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...