Jump to content
thomas14387

High Ping Under Load, Grade of D for the connection benchmark

Recommended Posts

Purchased the xr1000 days ago excited to have a great gaming experience and things are now worse then before.  More lag, high ping under load, and if I can’t resolve this I will have to return it.  Very much a bummer now.  I have followed all guides and tried many things and have the latest firmware and still this is an issue.  I need help fast as I don’t think I can keep playing this way on COD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The connection benchmark does not use the QoS features so it's not a good representation of how your connection actually is with those on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thomas14387 said:

Purchased the xr1000 days ago excited to have a great gaming experience and things are now worse then before.  More lag, high ping under load, and if I can’t resolve this I will have to return it.  Very much a bummer now.  I have followed all guides and tried many things and have the latest firmware and still this is an issue.  I need help fast as I don’t think I can keep playing this way on COD.

Welcome to the forum!

Could you please send a screenshot of your QoS configuration? If you're getting high ping under load it would suggest that we need to optimise QoS better.

My initial suggestion would be to set Congestion Control to 'Always' and have the sliders at around 70%/70% for Upload and download. Then run a Connection Benchmark and see what scores you get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had the sliders set to 70 for both upload and download.  I also ran the connection benchmark again after turning congestion control to always on and it helped change the ping under load to A+.  Thank you for that. My standard ping test gets an A now where before it had an A+, not a big deal, but strange it went down a bit. I’m still getting some lag spikes during in game, which weren’t really present before.  My NAT is set to moderate in COD.  Any suggestions to making it open ?  I have the NAT set to open in the DUMAOS WAN Setup settings.  

330A195F-070C-4666-A3DA-6B6FB0F61E7B.jpeg

C85B434E-B1C0-409F-AAA8-3A3119D23736.jpeg

58675A41-AB7F-4146-8ECB-E555D45F856C.jpeg

085D69C9-F86B-43A5-874C-DD552B5A2F46.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're still improving Connection Benchmark results on the XR routers so take those results with a pinch of salt. What is the modem/router the XR is connected to? Are you using Armor on the XR? What is your average ping shown by the Geo-Filter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t download the armor.  The average ping is in the low 30’s.  The modem is it’s an arris modem and the xr1000 is the router.  Before I had a ac nighthawk and wasn’t getting lag in game, only rarely.  Now it’s every game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So when I boot cod(pc) the ping doesn’t ever really put me in a match in the 20’s or 30’s.  Seems to be low 40’s.  I have the Geo filter to set me in matches at 30 ms.  When I use the ping heat map the server that pops up is 27 ms.  The spikes seem to be actual lag.  The ping only changes a few ms maybe, but the lag is prominent.  Movement , etc, always when I see other opponents and begin to exchange fire.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't use Ping Assist if you're wanting to get a specific server, it's an assist, not a limit so there is the potential you can get higher than that. Put your polygon/radius over the 27ms server, Ping Assist 0 and see if it is better for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve tried that previously and yes it lowered ping a little but lag was still very present.  I tested my PS5 COD and no issues there.  Only on PC is there unplayable issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I retried the geo fencing and got sometimes lower ping games, and sometimes in the 40’s for pinged games, but I still get lag spikes while playing cod multiplayer on pc.  Tested war zone, no issues,  on console no issues, but for pc it’s like hell.  Man this is driving me nuts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thomas14387 said:

I retried the geo fencing and got sometimes lower ping games, and sometimes in the 40’s for pinged games, but I still get lag spikes while playing cod multiplayer on pc.  Tested war zone, no issues,  on console no issues, but for pc it’s like hell.  Man this is driving me nuts.  

Could you send a screenshot of your Geo-filter settings please? We may be able to suggest some further optimisations for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ps5 cod cold war uses dedicated servers for 40 player multi team games but the 6v6 multiplayer is peer to peer.  

I had a moderate NAT in cod and putting a ps5 in a DMZ on the XR made it open.  I drawed a polygon around the UK and searched and kept the cod search under 15ms but when it joined the lobby it hovers around 30ms mark. 

On cod games it search from 15ms, in 20s, 30s, 40s and keeps going until finds a match but with geo filter on or polygon mode it stops that high ping search rooms from happening. But I'm not sure at mo if the games are harder with geo on feels that way with sbmm.

My ping underload result's are abnormal to and QoS is set to 70 on up and down. But netduma team are working hard on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, madman123 said:

Ps5 cod cold war uses dedicated servers for 40 player multi team games but the 6v6 multiplayer is peer to peer.  

I had a moderate NAT in cod and putting a ps5 in a DMZ on the XR made it open.  I drawed a polygon around the UK and searched and kept the cod search under 15ms but when it joined the lobby it hovers around 30ms mark. 

On cod games it search from 15ms, in 20s, 30s, 40s and keeps going until finds a match but with geo filter on or polygon mode it stops that high ping search rooms from happening. But I'm not sure at mo if the games are harder with geo on feels that way with sbmm.

My ping underload result's are abnormal to and QoS is set to 70 on up and down. But netduma team are working hard on it. 

I'm very surprised they're using P2P for that, how are you determining that is the case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

However, Cold War does not use P2P for all of its multiplayer content. It reserves the use of dedicated servers for modes like Combined Arms and Fireteam: Dirty Bomb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, madman123 said:

On the app discord

Have you checked the host on the Geo-Filter when playing? What does it say for the domain name? If you can't tell provide us with the ID and we can check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2021 at 8:48 PM, thomas14387 said:

Purchased the xr1000 days ago excited to have a great gaming experience and things are now worse then before.  More lag, high ping under load, and if I can’t resolve this I will have to return it.  Very much a bummer now.  I have followed all guides and tried many things and have the latest firmware and still this is an issue.  I need help fast as I don’t think I can keep playing this way on COD.

 Don't put the XR1000 wan at open... the only reason why we were forced to do that on XR500 was to allow us to get more than 1 device Open ingame... but it's not working on the xr1000 (never have worked since last year aka since the Alpha of xr1000) and also cause a worse gaming experience !!! You need to optimise your slidders while you play if you want to finetune so you don't shoot first die first !!! Let download at 70 and just raise upload by +2 until your bullet properly register so no more shoot first die first !!! Please note that you really have to disable both share excess prior to gaming if you want the best experience possible in games... just re-enable them after gaming (THIS IS VALID SINCE FIRST NETDUMA OS) !!! Bandwidth Allocation need to be set at DEVICES and not at apps !!! QOS always need to be set at ALWAYS !!! DON'T USE GEO FENCING aka polygon mode or radius mode... ONLY USE PING ASSIST with home location set in water... for Optimal gaming experience !!! The reason that FORCE us to use Ping Assist is simple... the cloud is broken since BO4 and they never fixed it so there is mislocated dedis everywhere aka you set your home (exemple) in New Jersey and set radius to just cover New Jersey... your line's ping aka base ping is 10ms... since there is new jersey dedis in COD you'll ping real new jersey dedis at same ping than your line aka 10ms... you'll play an awesome match at 20ms ingame while on a 10ms new jersey dedis... next match you'll find out that you're playing at 80ms ingame... why??... because some mislocated dedis will popup at that new jersey location so the game will think it's allowed so it will use it...resulting in you getting killed like a noob ect on a 70ms mislocated dedis !!! And just because i'm awesome i'll tell you how to properly set your ping assist and also confirming my explanations 😛 ... use ping heatmap and ping all 4 COD one after each other because you can only ping 1 game at a time 😛 ... ping them at least 2x each ... that will first confirm you the best ping you can get on these dedis... it will also show you the second best dedis and you'll use that to set your proper ping assist... use the highest of the seconds dedis in MW, WZ and CW... no need to use bo4 for that as more than half its dedis are not working... and add +2 or +3ms more to that number. So like you ping the first ones at 10ms... the second ones comes at 16ms, 15ms and 18ms... so you want to take the highest of them aka 18ms and add to it +2 or +3ms so set ping assist at 20ms or 21ms !!! If you do exactly what i say you'll find matchs quickly & easily and always on the best availables dedis for you !!! Depending on the game you play, you'll either see your friends on the map when they join you like in MW or Warzone... so if they're blocked to join you because of their ping then you just have to allow them... i suggest closing auto ping to do that so you'll have time to write their names... just re-enable auto ping after you added them !!! If playing on Cold War... well good luck as xr1000 won't let that happen easily... you need to be on the same exact dedis as your friends to play with them... yes only in Cold War... since you can't see your friends at all on netduma's cloud only in Cold War, that means you can't allow them anymore... so it becomes a lottery thing aka you'll have to reboot the game until you both connect... either both of you or only 1 of you... until you both connect !!! You also can raise ping assist little by little until you are able to connect with those friends but that will also put you on higher ping lobbies so it's up to you !!! It's easier if your friends don't also use duma os routers as they will always connect to every ingame dedis while you don't... so in that case you the one who will need to finetune to let them in your party !!! PLEASE NOTE that you always NEED to confirm your ingame bandwidth after entering a game....before you start playing... because if you don't have the proper ingame bandwidth it will not be a pleasant gaming experience... at all !!! Proper ingame bandwidth for every Call Of Duty since the first COD is 4mbs aka approx 4118 kbps (the last 3 digits don't count ;)  ) and under 4100kbps ingame in COD it won't play good anymore (i miss first netduma os as we were able to lower our ingame bandwidth to 300kbps  resulting in a flawless experience) but since duma os came out we can't do that anymore as it breaks our gaming experience !!! You won't have problems getting proper bandwidth with WZ,MW or any previous COD... but it's intensely hard to get it in Cold War (ps this is a CW problem and it's not related to Netduma this time as you can test that by trying the game without duma os router and you'll still struggle to get the proper 4118kbps bandwidth... even on an ftth 0-1ms 1,5Gb/1Gb line !!!) so if friend try to join you and friend have proper bandwidth then you should be the one rebooting CW until you also get proper bandwidth and then invite friend to join you !!! Like i said you both need to be specificaly on the same dedis to join each other... so if still having problem to join friends or vice versa... or if friends also have duma os routers... then you both should raise ping assist until you can connect !!! Like my friend live at some streets away and also have duma os... my line is 10ms and friend is 1ms... so we both have to raise our ping assist to 25ms to be ables to join each other at a 80% success rate... meaning 20% of times we won't be able to connect together... but at 25ms i'm still not allowing the third best dedis so our ingame pings still are decent at max 33ms ingame...!!! If we don't feel like participating in a stupid router lottery  then we'll raise ping assist to 30ms... that makes every us.northeast dedis pop in and that raise our chances connecting together to 99% so no need of rebooting dozens of times to be able to join friends... we just have to reboot until we are satisfied with our ingame bandwidth and then we join each other !!! If on PS4 you should forget about proper ingame bandwidth in Cold War as it's impossible to get anymore... on Pc it sometimes take only 2-3 reboot and most of the times it takes over 7-8 reboot of the game to get proper +4100kbps ingame bandwidth (still only on Cold War) while for other CODs there's no bandwidth problem on either consoles/pc... and warzone on pc we get 49mbps instead of 4ms and that one never change !!!

Because of that weird problem only on xr1000 and only with Cold War... if you and friend are lucky and both connect to let's say us.northeast.5 ... you'll be able to play together but if at the end of a match the game decide to flip you on another dedis, it will also do that with your friend but even if you both play together it doesn't mean they'll flip your friend on the same dedis as you... that will result in GAME LOBBY ERROR (caused by broken duma os) and will kick you out to main page of the game if on console and it will completely close your game if on PC... so you'll have to fight again just to get proper ingame bandwidth once again then making friends join in !!! It does that if friends are at their own home while you're at yours... but also when on same router like if friend comes to your home and both are hooked to your xr1000 !!! I don't have problems connecting with friends while on R1 or XR500 (no lobby errors on r1/xr500) but R1 don't push tickrates high enough and have so much problems since duma os 3 latest firmwares... xr500 was stabilisable with my trick until duma os 3.0... now there's no ways to stabilise tickrates on xr500 anymore as duma os 3.0 firmwares have broken xr500's even more than .56 firmware did !!! That's why even if it seems like you have a lot to do to properly enjoy these xr1000 routers... once done it works better than any other duma os routers to date even with the insane list of problems it hold !!!

I always do and i've been telling everybody to do that... ALWAYS REBOOT YOUR ROUTER PRIOR TO A GAMING SESSION !!! The first device you'll connect to COD will get OPEN and others will be Moderate... moderate doesn't matter for as long as 1 device properly is Open... like if you play on pc and a friend come with ps4... rebooted router... and both are stuck in moderate... that means there's a problem and your gaming session won't be good... in that case just reboot router and WAIT UNTIL DUMA OS ROUTER LIGHTS ARE ALL UP before starting any devices !!! Like i mentionned there's a problem only with Cold War and that will cause you to only get moderate... to bypass that you only need to load Warzone or MW to open the proper COD port aka 3074 so that device will becomes Open ingame, just close it and re-open Cold War and boom you are Open and now other devices can start and join your lobby !!! 99% of times the consoles get Open by just entering Cold War but not always... like last night ps4 pro started first and was moderate... jumped in WZ and still moderate... back in CW and still moderate... so i rebooted xr1000 again and then ps4 got open first shot in CW... then i started my pc and joined in !!! When i'm alone i only use my pc so once in a million i get open directly by only entering CW but 99% of times i'm moderate so i just enter WZ to get open then i close it and open CW again and voilà i am open... then i check CW ingame bandwidth and reboot as much as needed to get at least 4100kbps... 3997kbps is the lowest that is playable... under that it's only shoot first die first !!! 

Make sure ipv6 is disabled !!! If it was open or if you want to test it and want to fix the problems... disable qos via left burger icon in qos... then reset distribution but right after it finish reseting distribution you need to Update distribution on both Download and Upload... that will keep bandwidth allocation at devices instead of putting it back to apps and that will keep both share excess disabled... then you refresh the page to confirm the changes you made are applied properly !!! You only have like 1 minute before duma os ask you to confirm you the admin so try to do changes and refresh page before that timer ends... because if you change too much settings it takes more time,then when you refresh it ask credentials and it seems it kind of mess up with the changes you made ... so less changes between page refresh will prevent those problems !!! Now go in advanced settings and disable ipv6... aplly 2 or 3 times... reboot router... now do speedtest to confirm the proper bandwidth is being shared to devices... i like to test that by lowering both slidders to 6... with both share excess disabled... speedtest will confirm if proper bandwidth... if yes then that means everything works good so you can start gaming... if speedtest doesn't split properly (1mbs difference is alright but not more), that just means your router bandwidth is not properly set... just re enter your line's bandwidth in qos top left burger icon and refresh page after then speedtest again... now it should split both download and upload properly !!!

Last thing... i don't know if you did xr1000 setup via nighthawk app or via pc.... please note that if you did via pc... xr1000 will never work properly... you absolutely need to do the initial setup via nighthawk app... just add admin password and don't change anything else... reboot router via that nighthawk app and close that wifi device. Once xr1000 have rebooted you then can use wired pc to do the complete setup (it's way faster via wired pc than via wifi device) and your xr1000 absolutely need to be hook to internet while setting it up !!! If via nighthawk app the app says you're not connected to internet... that's just because you didn't factory reset your modem or AIO (modem + router combo from isp's) so no need of closing app or xr1000... just hold the reset pin on the modem/aio for 15seconds to 30seconds and release it... keep your app active so it doesn't shut off and wait a bit until modem/aio is fully loaded... hit back on nighthawk app so it will start internet detection again and it will find your line !!! XR1000 is not able to properly detect line's proper bandwidth like other duma os routers can... so you'll need to set that proper line's bandwidth later while you'll do the complete setup (and that's why i test qos with both slidders at 6... line's bandwidth becomes so low that it's easier to confirm proper duma os operationnal state... and also because xr1000 don't detect line's bandwidth while initial setup so the test results will be off... once proper line's bandwidth is set and applied then boom results will be on point) you also can confirm line's proper bandwidth without changing slidders to 6, if your line exceeds 100mbs... xr1000 will show on right of slidders that your line is 1000/1000 while in fact xr1000 locks it at 100mbs while initial setup... so with qos set at Always... speedtest will lock at 100mbs instead of said 1000mbs... so like i said to fix that you simply enter in qos burger icon then set bandidth properly,apply,refresh page, speedtest to confirm now your device receive proper bandwidth on both download/upload !!! 

Cold War have a setting named CONNECTION QUALITY in settings/account/network... look at it and lower the results page to see on which dedis you're hooked ;) !!! Even then if friend is also on 3.5.7 just like you, that won't mean they'll be able to join you... as you show 3 5 7 but only hook to one of them so you might be on 3 while friend also see the same 3 dedis but is in fact hooked on 5 or 7 so impossible to join you !!!

Cold War also have an option named MATCHMAKING DELAY ... set that to 10ms to get way better and more balanced lobbies !!! You should test that setting until you find the best for you but i've tested with noob accounts up to pro players account and they all seemed more balanced at 10ms delay !!! PLEASE note that this setting IS NOT ADDING MORE DELAY TO SEARCH aka IT WON'T TAKE MUCH LONGER TO FIND MATCHES... it only tells the game to restrict search to distance or to stats depending on the setting you use... instead of the basic matchmaking of CW which is only based on Players searching at same time as you even if they are on another continent or don't belong in same bracket as you !!!

PS: Your device type really matter and xr1000 also have detection problems like it detects ps4 pro as gaming console now instead of as a playstation like it was doing prior to .52 or like other duma os routers do... it now also detect pc as game console instead of pc like it used to do (sometimes it properly detect pc as pc)... so you have to change devices type to playstation for playstation, xbox for xbox and XBOX for PC's (really important)... you'll have to re-apply that change 2 times because first time you change it,just wait 30seconds and it will change it by itself to game console again... re-put it as xbox and apply... refresh page and it will stay as xbox !!! Traffic prio... always disable the duma classified games list.... add your devices manually as game console + normal + default !!! DON'T enable apply to wan (it might only help if you have an aio from isp and no access to manage it...then that option would kind of bypass your aio's firewall and or upnp) but if you use a modem or an aio that you can manage... then just set xr in dmz and Don't enable that ''apply to wan'' option ;) as it negatively impact our gaming sessions...!!! In geo filter you add devices as game consoles + manually ... don't choose auto set depending on game !!! People who tells other people to set pc as playstation don't understand that windows pc's also are xbox now and they use xbox gaming features so setting them as xbox is the proper way and won't cause problems !!! If duma os was performing like in original netduma os then that wouldn't matter as what type you set your devices... but it's not and now the results of your gaming experiences also depend on the device type !!! To prove it once again... let pc as pc and add it to geo filter... choose cod pc and it will tell you that this game is not supported :o ah ah ah... and if you select only COD... it will let you filter cod only... if you play other games you'll need to create other rules for them... while if you set a pc that is now also an xbox as an xbox... set geo filter as game console... boom any game you'll start will be able to follow your duma os settings and COD will properly follow geo filter rules you've set without problem even on pc !!! Depending on the games you play you might have to adapt lil settings like raising or lowering ping assist (like if you play cod and don't have near by dedis then you need to set ping assist higher since dedis are far away... but if you jump in fortnite and there is local near you dedicated servers then your ping to these dedis would be lower vs in COD so you could lower your ping assist to only enter in lowest ping dedis available while you play that fortnite game !!! Changing ping assist won't negatively impact your gaming experience without a router reboot but adding new rules or devices or removing a device from the setup ect... do need a router reboot to be fully operationnal ;)  !!!

Also EVERYTIME you add a device or remove a device to/from duma os... you need to reset distribution (even if showing proper numbers) and update both download/upload distribution before refreshing the page so you won't need to switch apps to devices and to disable both share excess again !!! Always confirm your qos is properly working afterwards via a speedtest while both share excess are disabled ;) !!! Like i said... xr1000 is sharing upload almost 100% flawlessly while on download we loose like 1mb only... so if with slidders set you suppose to get 15mb down and 3mb up to every devices since no share excess used... and you have 4 devices... then your slidders would give 60mb down and 12mb up (that bandwidth number on the right side of both slidders... when at always these numbers are the max bandwidth available for all devices)... then speed test download on that devices multiplied by number of devices (x4) will give 59mb instead of that 60mb  while the result of upload will give the proper 12mb... like if we loose around 1 mb on download but loose nothing on upload. So if the numbers don't match that logic of loosing only kbps instead of mbs, then you have a problem so set line's bandwidth again, reset distribution, update distributions, test again. If it's not working after like 3 try, you need to factory reset the xr1000 and do the initial setup via the nighthawk app like i explained !!!

Forget playing over wifi (until they really fix qos) as upload share excess is not working properly via wifi... in fact it doesn't work at all only on wifi upload... download is ok on wifi !!!! On Lan both share excess works almost perfectly when doing proper things like i'm sharing !!!

So i just gave you the REAL PROPER infos and settings needed to enjoy gaming on a duma os router as of today... specifically the XR1000... if it's too much work for you to do and/or understand, then i suggest you to get rid of that xr1000 asap and either wait for the next netduma router or to simply wait until duma os becomes as good as original netduma os was... or get another brand router !!!  It might seems like a lot to understand and to do but trust me it's in fact real easy and simple and it takes around 6 mins to fully setup xr1000 after a factory reset ... add some more minutes depending on the number of devices you have but i also suggest to only add like 3-4 devices first and testing that everything works good (after you've rebooted xr1000 once setup is done) prior to adding more devices ;) !!!

Take care... Peeaace !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, madman123 said:

However, Cold War does not use P2P for all of its multiplayer content. It reserves the use of dedicated servers for modes like Combined Arms and Fireteam: Dirty Bomb.

Yesterday 25-05-2021 we logged in Cold War on ps4 pro... no dedis were detected by cold war and we ended up in p2p lobbies !!! So that statement is very false !!!

Call Of Duty ALWAYS have/had both enabled... p2p and dedis... but since dedicated servers are supposed to still be better vs p2p... they prioritize playing via their dedis first and p2p is second !!! They want you to play on their dedis because they manage their dedis so it's harder to hack them and also because they record everything now (that's why there's an added 10ms ingame... not because of the players in that lobby since that's the only advantage of a dedicated server... you only depend on your connection to that dedis... not to other people's lines like in p2p !!! Also only in p2p you know live when a far away dude enter the match as everybody will  get impacted by that high ping dude... that's not the case on a dedis !!! If i was wrong then none of the matchs i play would have same ingame latency as i mostly get people in same ping bracket as me but sometimes i face people with over 150ms ping while we all around 30ms (on pc look at the replay when you get killed and look the latency it shows while the replay runs... that latency shown while the replay of you getting killed is that player's latency !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once the replay finish you back playing, look at latency and it's back to YOUR latency !!! You need the Latency option to be set to Show Latency and it will show top left of the screen !!!

Also... if you don't change MATCHMAKING DELAY option in Cold War then you always connect to anybody on earth who try to play Cold War at same time than you... no matter their stats or ping !!! For the setting that seems more balanced you should set it to 10ms... and you should see most people at same latency than you !!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not entirely true.

 

They favor dedicated servers since it poses a more stable connection for the end user and they can manipulate the matchmaking, aka apply SBMM, one other advantage is that cheats like lag switching etc are impossible. They also do something else, it's called latency balancing. If you play on 10ms ping, and the other players in your lobby play on 100ms. It will simply give you a added latency penalty. This is something else than lag compensation. Lag compensation is simply there so you can actually hit what is on your screen. Latency balancing is actually giving you additional latency, but it also includes forwarding your position on the screen of the enemy by predicting your path etc. This is implemented in FPS and fighting games etc because it makes the game feel more fair to the high ping user. This way they are trying to eliminate any sort of connection advantage. (And this is exactly what everybody in the world is trying to manipulate...) The whole idea here is that if the game feels more fair more people keep playing and buy more copies and mtx and so on. It's also the reason they are more loose with 'ping is king' as in the view of the software developpers there is no more disadvantage so it doesn't matter if you match at 20ms ping or 40ms ping.

 

On 'peer to peer' hosts, one player is hosting the game. The only thing that counts is your connection to the host. But the player who is host will need to serve 11 other players so in total he needs more bandwidth. The 4100kbps also stems from this. It won't test faster than that because if you measure 4100kbps it assumes you have enough bandwidth to host the game, it's also why it specifically tests upload. For a 60Hz host you could already host with about 1mbit upload (11 x 60 x 1500 = 990.000 bytes, 1500 assumes max packet size) As host you need to send the master gamestate to 11 others, plus the actual host updates are much larger than the clients packets since it contains data from 12 players instead of one. Matchmaking here is done through listen servers. It does not do any form of SBMM at least in recent years. One of the reasons for this is that you primarily encountered this in area's with low playercount. Also, because of the CPU power of a playstation, certain things are not applied like latency balancing, only lag compensation. Also stats are not live updated during the game, ie if you finish a challenge and the game crashes then it won't count since stats are uploaded after the game. This is to put as little strain on the host as possible. The host runs as a separate server on the users playstation and he connects to local host. Because the host has zero ping, there is a host penalty applied to eliminate host advantage, about the average of the other player's ping. 

 

So actually. In a p2p game only the host is affected by very high ping players because of the host penalty. In a dedicated server everybody is affected because of latency balancing.

 

In DumaOS, when you are host, you will see a much higher tickrate and a much higher send/recieve rate so it's easy to tell.

 

Because there is no latency balancing in p2p games, if you have a really good host it feels much faster than on a dedicated server, it's almost like playing on LAN. If you want to be absolutely godlike, don't be host but stay close with 3ms ping. 

 

The reason there is roughly 9-10ms added in game is that the game measures latency off the UDP stream plus added rendering time. And with a 60Hz screen there is 9ms between frames. At the start of the game the 'timing' is synchronized and it can tell from the packets coming back from the client when it should have been send. That's also how it detects packet loss. The packets from the server are numbered in sequence, so a missing number indicated packet loss and a delayed number means higher ping.

 

We used to play p2p in Asia when WW2 was the current CoD and had a better hitdetection against playerhosts in India at 120ms than the dedicated server in Japan at 100ms LOL. Because there was only one dedicated server in the whole of Asia with players from all over the place it turned into a laggy shitshow.

 

MW also changed the matchmaking. Prior to MW, I think BO4 was the last one, the matchmaking server formed a pre game lobby and this was hosted by a playerhost. That's why on Netduma you could see the locations of the other players. The game was then transferred to a dedicated server and the match would start. From MW on this process takes place entirely on the dedicated server. So you que up for a match. The matchmaking server looks at what server suits you best and what players are queing up for that as well. And picks the most suited one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you send a screenshot of your Geo-filter settings please? We may be able to suggest some further optimisations for you.

I attached a picture of my current settings, but I’ve tried all variations of the geo filter map to having the circle small and in the middle of the Atlantic to ping assist on at 30 ms to off to changing the device to console etc.  None of that helped.  What I have found to actually cut some lag out of games for me was going QoS and adding my pc and PlayStation in traffic prioritization.  That has helped and if anyone is having these issues that has seemed to help more then other things I’ve tried, including the guides.  Lag is not gone and can still be unplayableg on PC and pings kinda stink considering.  I ever get in any games in the 20 ms ping range, mostly 40’s.  So with that said for COD on pc so far this is still Hell.  I still don’t get how on my PS5 running at 4K resolution at 120 fps/hrz I don’t get any lag like none, but for pc this is still fairly unplayable for me trying to be competitive.  

79F65CB3-5A12-44F6-AB76-93A2930CB43A.jpeg

97AA361E-F5FF-4127-B294-27BE8EA3E405.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DMC_81 said:

 Don't put the XR1000 wan at open... the only reason why we were forced to do that on XR500 was to allow us to get more than 1 device Open ingame... but it's not working on the xr1000 (never have worked since last year aka since the Alpha of xr1000) and also cause a worse gaming experience !!! You need to optimise your slidders while you play if you want to finetune so you don't shoot first die first !!! Let download at 70 and just raise upload by +2 until your bullet properly register so no more shoot first die first !!! Please note that you really have to disable both share excess prior to gaming if you want the best experience possible in games... just re-enable them after gaming (THIS IS VALID SINCE FIRST NETDUMA OS) !!! Bandwidth Allocation need to be set at DEVICES and not at apps !!! QOS always need to be set at ALWAYS !!! DON'T USE GEO FENCING aka polygon mode or radius mode... ONLY USE PING ASSIST with home location set in water... for Optimal gaming experience !!! The reason that FORCE us to use Ping Assist is simple... the cloud is broken since BO4 and they never fixed it so there is mislocated dedis everywhere aka you set your home (exemple) in New Jersey and set radius to just cover New Jersey... your line's ping aka base ping is 10ms... since there is new jersey dedis in COD you'll ping real new jersey dedis at same ping than your line aka 10ms... you'll play an awesome match at 20ms ingame while on a 10ms new jersey dedis... next match you'll find out that you're playing at 80ms ingame... why??... because some mislocated dedis will popup at that new jersey location so the game will think it's allowed so it will use it...resulting in you getting killed like a noob ect on a 70ms mislocated dedis !!! And just because i'm awesome i'll tell you how to properly set your ping assist and also confirming my explanations 😛 ... use ping heatmap and ping all 4 COD one after each other because you can only ping 1 game at a time 😛 ... ping them at least 2x each ... that will first confirm you the best ping you can get on these dedis... it will also show you the second best dedis and you'll use that to set your proper ping assist... use the highest of the seconds dedis in MW, WZ and CW... no need to use bo4 for that as more than half its dedis are not working... and add +2 or +3ms more to that number. So like you ping the first ones at 10ms... the second ones comes at 16ms, 15ms and 18ms... so you want to take the highest of them aka 18ms and add to it +2 or +3ms so set ping assist at 20ms or 21ms !!! If you do exactly what i say you'll find matchs quickly & easily and always on the best availables dedis for you !!! Depending on the game you play, you'll either see your friends on the map when they join you like in MW or Warzone... so if they're blocked to join you because of their ping then you just have to allow them... i suggest closing auto ping to do that so you'll have time to write their names... just re-enable auto ping after you added them !!! If playing on Cold War... well good luck as xr1000 won't let that happen easily... you need to be on the same exact dedis as your friends to play with them... yes only in Cold War... since you can't see your friends at all on netduma's cloud only in Cold War, that means you can't allow them anymore... so it becomes a lottery thing aka you'll have to reboot the game until you both connect... either both of you or only 1 of you... until you both connect !!! You also can raise ping assist little by little until you are able to connect with those friends but that will also put you on higher ping lobbies so it's up to you !!! It's easier if your friends don't also use duma os routers as they will always connect to every ingame dedis while you don't... so in that case you the one who will need to finetune to let them in your party !!! PLEASE NOTE that you always NEED to confirm your ingame bandwidth after entering a game....before you start playing... because if you don't have the proper ingame bandwidth it will not be a pleasant gaming experience... at all !!! Proper ingame bandwidth for every Call Of Duty since the first COD is 4mbs aka approx 4118 kbps (the last 3 digits don't count ;)  ) and under 4100kbps ingame in COD it won't play good anymore (i miss first netduma os as we were able to lower our ingame bandwidth to 300kbps  resulting in a flawless experience) but since duma os came out we can't do that anymore as it breaks our gaming experience !!! You won't have problems getting proper bandwidth with WZ,MW or any previous COD... but it's intensely hard to get it in Cold War (ps this is a CW problem and it's not related to Netduma this time as you can test that by trying the game without duma os router and you'll still struggle to get the proper 4118kbps bandwidth... even on an ftth 0-1ms 1,5Gb/1Gb line !!!) so if friend try to join you and friend have proper bandwidth then you should be the one rebooting CW until you also get proper bandwidth and then invite friend to join you !!! Like i said you both need to be specificaly on the same dedis to join each other... so if still having problem to join friends or vice versa... or if friends also have duma os routers... then you both should raise ping assist until you can connect !!! Like my friend live at some streets away and also have duma os... my line is 10ms and friend is 1ms... so we both have to raise our ping assist to 25ms to be ables to join each other at a 80% success rate... meaning 20% of times we won't be able to connect together... but at 25ms i'm still not allowing the third best dedis so our ingame pings still are decent at max 33ms ingame...!!! If we don't feel like participating in a stupid router lottery  then we'll raise ping assist to 30ms... that makes every us.northeast dedis pop in and that raise our chances connecting together to 99% so no need of rebooting dozens of times to be able to join friends... we just have to reboot until we are satisfied with our ingame bandwidth and then we join each other !!! If on PS4 you should forget about proper ingame bandwidth in Cold War as it's impossible to get anymore... on Pc it sometimes take only 2-3 reboot and most of the times it takes over 7-8 reboot of the game to get proper +4100kbps ingame bandwidth (still only on Cold War) while for other CODs there's no bandwidth problem on either consoles/pc... and warzone on pc we get 49mbps instead of 4ms and that one never change !!!

Because of that weird problem only on xr1000 and only with Cold War... if you and friend are lucky and both connect to let's say us.northeast.5 ... you'll be able to play together but if at the end of a match the game decide to flip you on another dedis, it will also do that with your friend but even if you both play together it doesn't mean they'll flip your friend on the same dedis as you... that will result in GAME LOBBY ERROR (caused by broken duma os) and will kick you out to main page of the game if on console and it will completely close your game if on PC... so you'll have to fight again just to get proper ingame bandwidth once again then making friends join in !!! It does that if friends are at their own home while you're at yours... but also when on same router like if friend comes to your home and both are hooked to your xr1000 !!! I don't have problems connecting with friends while on R1 or XR500 (no lobby errors on r1/xr500) but R1 don't push tickrates high enough and have so much problems since duma os 3 latest firmwares... xr500 was stabilisable with my trick until duma os 3.0... now there's no ways to stabilise tickrates on xr500 anymore as duma os 3.0 firmwares have broken xr500's even more than .56 firmware did !!! That's why even if it seems like you have a lot to do to properly enjoy these xr1000 routers... once done it works better than any other duma os routers to date even with the insane list of problems it hold !!!

I always do and i've been telling everybody to do that... ALWAYS REBOOT YOUR ROUTER PRIOR TO A GAMING SESSION !!! The first device you'll connect to COD will get OPEN and others will be Moderate... moderate doesn't matter for as long as 1 device properly is Open... like if you play on pc and a friend come with ps4... rebooted router... and both are stuck in moderate... that means there's a problem and your gaming session won't be good... in that case just reboot router and WAIT UNTIL DUMA OS ROUTER LIGHTS ARE ALL UP before starting any devices !!! Like i mentionned there's a problem only with Cold War and that will cause you to only get moderate... to bypass that you only need to load Warzone or MW to open the proper COD port aka 3074 so that device will becomes Open ingame, just close it and re-open Cold War and boom you are Open and now other devices can start and join your lobby !!! 99% of times the consoles get Open by just entering Cold War but not always... like last night ps4 pro started first and was moderate... jumped in WZ and still moderate... back in CW and still moderate... so i rebooted xr1000 again and then ps4 got open first shot in CW... then i started my pc and joined in !!! When i'm alone i only use my pc so once in a million i get open directly by only entering CW but 99% of times i'm moderate so i just enter WZ to get open then i close it and open CW again and voilà i am open... then i check CW ingame bandwidth and reboot as much as needed to get at least 4100kbps... 3997kbps is the lowest that is playable... under that it's only shoot first die first !!! 

Make sure ipv6 is disabled !!! If it was open or if you want to test it and want to fix the problems... disable qos via left burger icon in qos... then reset distribution but right after it finish reseting distribution you need to Update distribution on both Download and Upload... that will keep bandwidth allocation at devices instead of putting it back to apps and that will keep both share excess disabled... then you refresh the page to confirm the changes you made are applied properly !!! You only have like 1 minute before duma os ask you to confirm you the admin so try to do changes and refresh page before that timer ends... because if you change too much settings it takes more time,then when you refresh it ask credentials and it seems it kind of mess up with the changes you made ... so less changes between page refresh will prevent those problems !!! Now go in advanced settings and disable ipv6... aplly 2 or 3 times... reboot router... now do speedtest to confirm the proper bandwidth is being shared to devices... i like to test that by lowering both slidders to 6... with both share excess disabled... speedtest will confirm if proper bandwidth... if yes then that means everything works good so you can start gaming... if speedtest doesn't split properly (1mbs difference is alright but not more), that just means your router bandwidth is not properly set... just re enter your line's bandwidth in qos top left burger icon and refresh page after then speedtest again... now it should split both download and upload properly !!!

Last thing... i don't know if you did xr1000 setup via nighthawk app or via pc.... please note that if you did via pc... xr1000 will never work properly... you absolutely need to do the initial setup via nighthawk app... just add admin password and don't change anything else... reboot router via that nighthawk app and close that wifi device. Once xr1000 have rebooted you then can use wired pc to do the complete setup (it's way faster via wired pc than via wifi device) and your xr1000 absolutely need to be hook to internet while setting it up !!! If via nighthawk app the app says you're not connected to internet... that's just because you didn't factory reset your modem or AIO (modem + router combo from isp's) so no need of closing app or xr1000... just hold the reset pin on the modem/aio for 15seconds to 30seconds and release it... keep your app active so it doesn't shut off and wait a bit until modem/aio is fully loaded... hit back on nighthawk app so it will start internet detection again and it will find your line !!! XR1000 is not able to properly detect line's proper bandwidth like other duma os routers can... so you'll need to set that proper line's bandwidth later while you'll do the complete setup (and that's why i test qos with both slidders at 6... line's bandwidth becomes so low that it's easier to confirm proper duma os operationnal state... and also because xr1000 don't detect line's bandwidth while initial setup so the test results will be off... once proper line's bandwidth is set and applied then boom results will be on point) you also can confirm line's proper bandwidth without changing slidders to 6, if your line exceeds 100mbs... xr1000 will show on right of slidders that your line is 1000/1000 while in fact xr1000 locks it at 100mbs while initial setup... so with qos set at Always... speedtest will lock at 100mbs instead of said 1000mbs... so like i said to fix that you simply enter in qos burger icon then set bandidth properly,apply,refresh page, speedtest to confirm now your device receive proper bandwidth on both download/upload !!! 

Cold War have a setting named CONNECTION QUALITY in settings/account/network... look at it and lower the results page to see on which dedis you're hooked ;) !!! Even then if friend is also on 3.5.7 just like you, that won't mean they'll be able to join you... as you show 3 5 7 but only hook to one of them so you might be on 3 while friend also see the same 3 dedis but is in fact hooked on 5 or 7 so impossible to join you !!!

Cold War also have an option named MATCHMAKING DELAY ... set that to 10ms to get way better and more balanced lobbies !!! You should test that setting until you find the best for you but i've tested with noob accounts up to pro players account and they all seemed more balanced at 10ms delay !!! PLEASE note that this setting IS NOT ADDING MORE DELAY TO SEARCH aka IT WON'T TAKE MUCH LONGER TO FIND MATCHES... it only tells the game to restrict search to distance or to stats depending on the setting you use... instead of the basic matchmaking of CW which is only based on Players searching at same time as you even if they are on another continent or don't belong in same bracket as you !!!

PS: Your device type really matter and xr1000 also have detection problems like it detects ps4 pro as gaming console now instead of as a playstation like it was doing prior to .52 or like other duma os routers do... it now also detect pc as game console instead of pc like it used to do (sometimes it properly detect pc as pc)... so you have to change devices type to playstation for playstation, xbox for xbox and XBOX for PC's (really important)... you'll have to re-apply that change 2 times because first time you change it,just wait 30seconds and it will change it by itself to game console again... re-put it as xbox and apply... refresh page and it will stay as xbox !!! Traffic prio... always disable the duma classified games list.... add your devices manually as game console + normal + default !!! DON'T enable apply to wan (it might only help if you have an aio from isp and no access to manage it...then that option would kind of bypass your aio's firewall and or upnp) but if you use a modem or an aio that you can manage... then just set xr in dmz and Don't enable that ''apply to wan'' option ;) as it negatively impact our gaming sessions...!!! In geo filter you add devices as game consoles + manually ... don't choose auto set depending on game !!! People who tells other people to set pc as playstation don't understand that windows pc's also are xbox now and they use xbox gaming features so setting them as xbox is the proper way and won't cause problems !!! If duma os was performing like in original netduma os then that wouldn't matter as what type you set your devices... but it's not and now the results of your gaming experiences also depend on the device type !!! To prove it once again... let pc as pc and add it to geo filter... choose cod pc and it will tell you that this game is not supported :o ah ah ah... and if you select only COD... it will let you filter cod only... if you play other games you'll need to create other rules for them... while if you set a pc that is now also an xbox as an xbox... set geo filter as game console... boom any game you'll start will be able to follow your duma os settings and COD will properly follow geo filter rules you've set without problem even on pc !!! Depending on the games you play you might have to adapt lil settings like raising or lowering ping assist (like if you play cod and don't have near by dedis then you need to set ping assist higher since dedis are far away... but if you jump in fortnite and there is local near you dedicated servers then your ping to these dedis would be lower vs in COD so you could lower your ping assist to only enter in lowest ping dedis available while you play that fortnite game !!! Changing ping assist won't negatively impact your gaming experience without a router reboot but adding new rules or devices or removing a device from the setup ect... do need a router reboot to be fully operationnal ;)  !!!

Also EVERYTIME you add a device or remove a device to/from duma os... you need to reset distribution (even if showing proper numbers) and update both download/upload distribution before refreshing the page so you won't need to switch apps to devices and to disable both share excess again !!! Always confirm your qos is properly working afterwards via a speedtest while both share excess are disabled ;) !!! Like i said... xr1000 is sharing upload almost 100% flawlessly while on download we loose like 1mb only... so if with slidders set you suppose to get 15mb down and 3mb up to every devices since no share excess used... and you have 4 devices... then your slidders would give 60mb down and 12mb up (that bandwidth number on the right side of both slidders... when at always these numbers are the max bandwidth available for all devices)... then speed test download on that devices multiplied by number of devices (x4) will give 59mb instead of that 60mb  while the result of upload will give the proper 12mb... like if we loose around 1 mb on download but loose nothing on upload. So if the numbers don't match that logic of loosing only kbps instead of mbs, then you have a problem so set line's bandwidth again, reset distribution, update distributions, test again. If it's not working after like 3 try, you need to factory reset the xr1000 and do the initial setup via the nighthawk app like i explained !!!

Forget playing over wifi (until they really fix qos) as upload share excess is not working properly via wifi... in fact it doesn't work at all only on wifi upload... download is ok on wifi !!!! On Lan both share excess works almost perfectly when doing proper things like i'm sharing !!!

So i just gave you the REAL PROPER infos and settings needed to enjoy gaming on a duma os router as of today... specifically the XR1000... if it's too much work for you to do and/or understand, then i suggest you to get rid of that xr1000 asap and either wait for the next netduma router or to simply wait until duma os becomes as good as original netduma os was... or get another brand router !!!  It might seems like a lot to understand and to do but trust me it's in fact real easy and simple and it takes around 6 mins to fully setup xr1000 after a factory reset ... add some more minutes depending on the number of devices you have but i also suggest to only add like 3-4 devices first and testing that everything works good (after you've rebooted xr1000 once setup is done) prior to adding more devices ;) !!!

Take care... Peeaace !!! 

This is just insane jumping threw hoops man.  No man I ain’t doing all that.  That’s crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thomas14387 said:

This is just insane jumping threw hoops man.  No man I ain’t doing all that.  That’s crazy. 

I had a job reading that but rebooting is not required and it’s not good practise to do so as routers don’t like constant on/off. 
 

@DMC_81 try to keep the posts short as you will get more responses. Don’t take this the wrong way but your long posts don’t normally get read and it’s really hard to follow for other members. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thomas14387 said:

I attached a picture of my current settings, but I’ve tried all variations of the geo filter map to having the circle small and in the middle of the Atlantic to ping assist on at 30 ms to off to changing the device to console etc.  None of that helped.  What I have found to actually cut some lag out of games for me was going QoS and adding my pc and PlayStation in traffic prioritization.  That has helped and if anyone is having these issues that has seemed to help more then other things I’ve tried, including the guides.  Lag is not gone and can still be unplayableg on PC and pings kinda stink considering.  I ever get in any games in the 20 ms ping range, mostly 40’s.  So with that said for COD on pc so far this is still Hell.  I still don’t get how on my PS5 running at 4K resolution at 120 fps/hrz I don’t get any lag like none, but for pc this is still fairly unplayable for me trying to be competitive.  

Doesn't look like you're filtering in that screenshot. Delete the device from the Geo-Filter, go to the Device Manager and click the PC, give it a PlayStation device type from the drop down menu then go back to the Geo-Filter, re-add it and select the manual option. See if it filters better and whether the experience is improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...