Jump to content
Mitch

Experiencing network drop on NetDuma R2

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

Hello Fraser,

I experienced a network drop on my pc not too long ago. I checked to see if the devices that are connected to my ASUS are working and they are. Attached is a video of what I'm experiencing.

 

video-output-30206E23-316B-443A-9CB7-278A9BC8AB32.mov

Are any Wi-Fi devices connected to the R2? If so, could you connect them to the Asus and disable the Wi-Fi on the R2, then see if using the R2 purely for wired connections stops the disconnections?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are any Wi-Fi devices connected to the R2? If so, could you connect them to the Asus and disable the Wi-Fi on the R2, then see if using the R2 purely for wired connections stops the disconnections?

Good morning Liam,

Thank you for responding to my late message. No, everything Wi-Fi is handled by my ASUS. I had this set-up back in April (After the 2nd disconnection) in the hopes of alleviating some of the workload from my R2. My original setup prior to yesterday's switch was Modem > R2 (DHCP) > ASUS (Wi-Fi/accesspoint).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another user found there seems to be a correlation with how hot the router gets and disconnections, not sure where you're located but it's getting very hot in the UK now. Try to ensure it's not on a surface where it could overheat and make sure it has plenty of air flow. If you get a disconnection see how hot it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Another user found there seems to be a correlation with how hot the router gets and disconnections, not sure where you're located but it's getting very hot in the UK now. Try to ensure it's not on a surface where it could overheat and make sure it has plenty of air flow. If you get a disconnection see how hot it is

Good morning Fraser,

we get to high 30's and mid 40's here in Vegas. Yes the bottom does feel warm as well as the surface it's currently situated (softwood desk). The area it was previously at though was a mesh bench. I've added some silicone feet to keep more elevated.

Untitled.png.632467e4078e59ba9181252596e1f7b7.png Untitled2.png.40c87ef62c16d64506b82f9f916d61d3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Good morning Fraser,

we get to high 30's and mid 40's here in Vegas. Yes the bottom does feel warm as well as the surface it's currently situated (softwood desk). The area it was previously at though was a mesh bench. I've added some silicone feet to keep more elevated.

Untitled.png.632467e4078e59ba9181252596e1f7b7.png Untitled2.png.40c87ef62c16d64506b82f9f916d61d3.png

The mesh bench would be best for airflow but not great for the WiFi, good idea on the feet, let us know how you get on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening all,

I just lost connection today on my PC. I've verified that all other devices (connected on my ASUS router) are not affected. I've already put it on stilts to open up the bottom exhaust and avoid any overheating, my ambient temps here in my room is 20c, it's also not close to any device or direct sunlight to cause further heating issues. What other steps do I need to do/avoid to stop my router from disconnecting?

Untitled2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it pretty much just the PC that's connected to the R2? Are there any other devices also connected? If so, could you let us know what they are and if they're Windows/iOS/Android?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Is it pretty much just the PC that's connected to the R2? Are there any other devices also connected? If so, could you let us know what they are and if they're Windows/iOS/Android?

good morning Liam,

 

Just the PC. I do have my PS4 connected (the white ethernet in the vid) but I rarely use it nowadays. My PC is what I use for work, games, stream, and is pretty much my daily driver. Back when this was my main and my ASUS was my AP, everything in the house would lose connection from wireless devices, hardwired PC's, even my security system (cameras, motion sensors, doorbell cams). At the very least, right now it's just my pc but I'm looking to get the full benefit of the software's capabilities at some point for gaming.

 

I don't see any visible damages to it nor did I see anything in the packaging but I cannot attest to how the shipping company handled it. Perhaps it's hardware? Is there a log I can pull from the router that I can provide to you that may help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK thanks for this.

Are you still unable to access the interface from that one PC when this issue occurs? If not, we won't be able to grab a log file as these are cleared when the router is rebooted.

Could you email [email protected] with your original order number and we can look into the possibility of issuing you with a replacement, however this issue can sometimes be environment dependant so there isn't a guarantee that this will resolve your issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK thanks for this.

Are you still unable to access the interface from that one PC when this issue occurs? If not, we won't be able to grab a log file as these are cleared when the router is rebooted.

Could you email [email protected] with your original order number and we can look into the possibility of issuing you with a replacement, however this issue can sometimes be environment dependant so there isn't a guarantee that this will resolve your issue.

ah I see. Only after a reboot can I get to the console. Can I send the two routers back to you guys?

yes, sending the order # details shortly, thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mitch said:

ah I see. Only after a reboot can I get to the console. Can I send the two routers back to you guys?

yes, sending the order # details shortly, thanks. 

Thanks Mitch, I've responded to you via email. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...