Jump to content
holyfugazi

Netduma R2 randomly losing connection

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does the Hotbox have a DMZ/bridge/modem option?

Yes, but bridge mode doesnt seem to work for me when I last try, wifi just goes offline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bridge mode disables all router functions including WiFi and passes all traffic straight through to the R2 - try with this and see if the disconnects continue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bridge mode doesn't seem to work for me, I had to reset my modem and put it on DMZ(it was on Dmz beforehand) and the connection losses are still happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Bridge mode disables all router functions including WiFi and passes all traffic straight through to the R2 - try with this and see if the disconnects continue

I got this error while in bridge mode by the way maybe you could figure out what went wrong.
PS what settings should I turn off in the modem?1778011940_2021-05-0122_42_25-Dashboard-DumaOS.png.d78db5c86dfd89902577d9c1ba7228a4.png1285349504_2021-05-0123_20_23-HOTBOX4.png.5f065a0402ec6c1c842fbf7bb5a6fded.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That error will be due to an Adblocker on your web browser, if you disable that you shouldn't get it again. Untick WAN Blocking, you can leave everything else, hopefully that could help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That error will be due to an Adblocker on your web browser, if you disable that you shouldn't get it again. Untick WAN Blocking, you can leave everything else, hopefully that could help

I unticked WAN blocking and that did not seem to solve my loss of connection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When did it first start to occur? After an update, settings change, reboot etc?

It might have started when I had power outages but I can't tell you for sure, I didn't pay attention to it at first then it got reoccuring and more annoying, it only happens with my Netduma router, my downstairs router never loses connection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are looking at issues with this and will hopefully be fixed in the next version. We could sort out a replacement but there is no guarantee you won't have the issue on that as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had this exact same problem for the last month (since the day I got my router). It randomly looses connection from all devices and reconnections whenever it wants. Can someone please come up with a fix?? I unplugged the router and plugged my old one in for a few days and had ZERO issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We are looking at issues with this and will hopefully be fixed in the next version. We could sort out a replacement but there is no guarantee you won't have the issue on that as well

Do you have an estimate for the next update's date? I could wait if it's not that long otherwise we should be sorting out a replacement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 2:33 AM, szpakowd said:

I've had this exact same problem for the last month (since the day I got my router). It randomly looses connection from all devices and reconnections whenever it wants. Can someone please come up with a fix?? I unplugged the router and plugged my old one in for a few days and had ZERO issues. 

I've responded to you in the post you made :) 

On 5/3/2021 at 4:53 AM, holyfugazi said:

Do you have an estimate for the next update's date? I could wait if it's not that long otherwise we should be sorting out a replacement

I don't have an ETA as yet unforunately, as Fraser mentions we'd be happy to sort a replacement for you but unfortunately there's no guarantee that this will be the solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...