bricemcintosh

Router Inaccessible. Reset does not work

A week or so ago I randomly lost my internet connection. I went to check my R2 and could not access the login page or ping it. I tried power cycling it as well as my modem (modem only, no built in router). That did nothing. I connected my spare Amplifi router instead and internet came back immediately. Next step was to browse the forums here and try anything that was mentioned.

I have tried to reset the device several dozen times and the router never reboots or shows any sign that it is restoring or even that it recognized I was pressing the reset button. I tried resetting after it was one for varying amounts of time (between 10 to 60 seconds) as well as trying the same but when plugging in power and holding reset at the same time. I'm inclined to believe that my R2 bricked itself.

Plugging in any device through ethernet in any port will like up the corresponding front light, but will give a self-assigned IP to the device. Setting a static on the configured subnet (10.1.1.0/24) or default (192.168.77.0/24) does not allow me to connect to the R2's web interface. I have run out of things to try at this point.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Please try the following:

1. Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, then waiting 2 minutes and try to access the interface, if that doesn't work hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then access
  2. Unplug the router for 24 hours then the above after powering on
  3. Set a Static IP on your device using these details and try to access:
    IP 192.168.77.100
    Subnet 255.255.255.0
    Gateway/Router 192.168.77.1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your quick response!

1 & 2. Left it unplugged for several days. No luck.

3. Tried that already as stated above.

Edit: Additionally, the wifi network is not broadcasting so I can't try connecting in that manner. All my wired devices were connected directly to R2 or through Unifi switches. Wifi is handled by Plume pods.

Edited by bricemcintosh
Added more details

Fraser I’m having the same issue I have followed these same steps No luck ive been up all night Reading the forum trying everything I’m certain I’m gonna need to send it back for a replacement no wifi lights and everything I connect hardwire shows my isp modems name i can’t get into the interface at all I have Tryed everything 

On 4/6/2021 at 9:34 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thank you, I'm confident you've tried everything so please email [email protected] with a link to this topic and your order number and we can process a replacement for you.

I got my duma r2 today and did almost all ive seen in the forum. In unable to access the router (192.168.77.1) i tried everything from the quick setup to lots of steps from the forum. Neither the 2,4ghz light or 5ghz light turn on. Im sitting here nearly 7 hours and cant get this working😭

3 hours ago, Benjaminpyle said:

Fraser I’m having the same issue I have followed these same steps No luck ive been up all night Reading the forum trying everything I’m certain I’m gonna need to send it back for a replacement no wifi lights and everything I connect hardwire shows my isp modems name i can’t get into the interface at all I have Tryed everything 

Im having exact the same issue

On 4/6/2021 at 12:34 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thank you, I'm confident you've tried everything so please email [email protected] with a link to this topic and your order number and we can process a replacement for you.

2 hours ago, Yakoibiza said:

Im having exact the same issue

Didn’t they set you up for a replacement yakoibiza

8 hours ago, Benjaminpyle said:

Didn’t they set you up for a replacement yakoibiza

Good morning. No, i has no answer till now. Looking forward to get this solved asap

22 hours ago, Benjaminpyle said:

We'll need to go through troubleshooting steps before we can authorize a replacement, if you could make a new topic please then we can focus on your issues there and will make it easier to auth a replacement if needed

8 hours ago, Yakoibiza said:

Good morning. No, i has no answer till now. Looking forward to get this solved asap

I've responded to your topic, lets continue there.