Sometimes a picture can provide a much clearer picture.  Here is my attempt at finding a "local" game on the backwards compat of the XB1 re-release of Black Ops 1. How many triangles would you consider "local"?

IMG_0115.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit I kinda just fell into the routine of blops3 and the Irish server I'm forced to play on but since playing bo1 via xbox one and enabling strict with the ping assist feature is just a reminder of how truly awesome and powerful this router is,even with the input lag that is suppose to occur with the 360 emulator ive been able to totally shit on the enemys,been an owner since December 2014 and still have the love for that little white box sat in the corner over there

Sometimes a picture can provide a much clearer picture.  Here is my attempt at finding a "local" game on the backwards compat of the XB1 re-release of Black Ops 1. How many triangles would you consider "local"?

IMG_0115.jpg

Dont know why search preference feature in bo1 and bo2 works great for me still this router has some cool features and im looking forward to buying it because bo3 doesnt have search preference feature so match making is pain in the arse for me right now. For some reason the game forces me to play on european servers while i live in middle east so basically im playing on servers 4000km away 90 percent of the time. I have seen some arabs use this router to fix matchmaking and it works great.

Dont know why search preference feature in bo1 and bo2 works great for me still this router has some cool features and im looking forward to buying it because bo3 doesnt have search preference feature so match making is pain in the arse for me right now. For some reason the game forces me to play on european servers while i live in middle east so basically im playing on servers 4000km away 90 percent of the time. I have seen some arabs use this router to fix matchmaking and it works great.

You have hit on the initial key feature that made a lot of us, me especially, purchase the router.  You don't want to be playing on a host that is hundreds or thousands of miles away when the difference of a few ms means the difference in a fast paced twitch shooters like CoD.

Once I got the router, and started to learn about device prioritization, the ability to insure my wife's streaming of Netflix would not impact my gaming (move the sliders to preserve some head room) but also NOT throttle her connection to the point of pissing her off?  That was a WHOLE NEW LEVEL of awesome!

Then we got added features, for free, like the ability to put your console in HYPER LANE, which insures your gaming packets leave first (outbound) and get processed first (inbound).  

Profiles for conditions like yours when you know there are local games, but the match making is trying to force you to connect to their dedicated server.

Speaking of dedicated servers, how about the ability to simply block one for (5) minutes so you don't have to play the same shitty map again, or with the same collection of douchebags.  One simple button and you can ban that entire box for (5) minutes, find a new game and move on.

There is no other router that offers as many benefits, for even double the price.

Today i once again finally got a local host luckily, pinging 17-35ms and i was kicking arse. This makes me excited because i will regularly get into these local lobbies once i get my netduma :)

Could not have said that better myself JD, this router has changed my gaming life and is a prize possession, love it so much I give up my free time to hang here and do little bit to show my support.

Big love to the duma fam.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived