Trbed11

Geofilter is either Broke Or Treyarch are countering switching regions

Posted (edited)

Hi

All has been fine and been using  Spain in Geofilter for few weeks (from UK)  and took a break  came back today trying to take advantage of 2x XP days and it will not find any matches.

SPAIN Geofilter Wait Time: 10 Minutes - 0 Matches Found

Pointing the Geofilter back to UK using Polygon tools finds game within 30 secs / joins in 1 minute

UK Wait Time: 30-50 Secs Match Found and Joined

Did some testing with Italy as well using Geofilter and same result

ITALY Wait Time: 10 Minutes - 0 Matches Found

Has Geofilter broke or are Treyarch Counteracting ability to switch regions by blocking IP address ?

Nothing has changed in my configuration so its either on the Netduma OS end or Black Ops COD end

Tested: Reboot, Flushed Cloud, Removing Device (Xbox Wired) and adding device - Makes 0 difference

Ping Heatmap shows the servers as being available but it will not connect to them.

Frustrating and yet again we have issues going into the weekend :(

Edited by Trbed11
Grammar Changes More Information

The 2 particular servers you have mentioned are not always available to play on unfortunately, I feel like they only bring them online during peak times or when other servers are particularly under heavy load. You may see it later on today as it's a Saturday and at peak time the servers are likely to be under strain.

Thanks Fraser

Further testing I have done today.

Only servers I can use Geofilter on and will show as being active are Germany Or use UK and States

It sems there is a lot of European Servers - Netherlands etc which are not even showing although Ping Heatmap shows them as available?

This does not sound right is it?

I hope Activision are not doing a Server Consolidation and turning some off due to the lack of players like they have done before

Ping Heatmap will ping all the currently known servers that the game will possibly be using but it doesn't mean all those servers will be available at the time. I suspect they are doing that which does make sense but I realize how frustrating that is.

Can we have the Ping Heatmap only show servers which are available and online ? 

Otherwise it feels like it defeats the objective and power of the OS GUI in  showing us what Servers are available and its just misleading

Especially now it seems that there has been some server consolidation by Activision as the Spain/ ITaly, and other EU servers are no longer available forcing people through UK or Germany at present...We now have less servers in Europe

Would appreciate if you get time to give me some feedback on this. Thanks

6 hours ago, Trbed11 said:

Can we have the Ping Heatmap only show servers which are available and online ? 

Otherwise it feels like it defeats the objective and power of the OS GUI in  showing us what Servers are available and its just misleading

Especially now it seems that there has been some server consolidation by Activision as the Spain/ ITaly, and other EU servers are no longer available forcing people through UK or Germany at present...We now have less servers in Europe

Would appreciate if you get time to give me some feedback on this. Thanks

That's not really possible, the servers still respond to pings, we wouldn't be able to tell whether they're actively being used to host games or not. As far as I can tell it's just a few servers that behave that way, they've likely done this for years and is only being seen now as people are trying to force servers other than where they are located to try and get around SBMM. It's also possible they're mislocated so just putting your location in the ocean, then exclusively using Ping Assist.

Hiya Frazer excuse me if I am being thick but how can you Ping them if there not available and online?

Having a "live list" of current servers, even though, some are not available surely seems a bit redundant

I'm not trying to get round SBMM but really as a friend helped me out, the experience on the low ping servers seems worse than when you hit a server with 30ms in EU.

They were up until last week  and I realise you might not have the answers but its just weird they have now vanished leaving reduced choice in EU if you want to move around (im UK) looking for a combination of Relatively low Ping and Good Performance to play BOPS CW.

Thanks