Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I have my modem connected to my R2 router. 

In Network Settings> UPnP: I am listing my PC fixed IP address with only one port open, that being 3074.  UPnP is on.

In Network Settings> Port Forwarding: I had my PC fixed IP address with rules set for the additional ports I require open.

I am only getting Moderate NAT type in Warzone.  It was mentioned earlier in another post that I may have to activate my DMZ.  Am I to put my PC fixed IP address in the box? and will this make my PC insecure?  Are there any other options I can look to change on my modem that might allow the required ports to appear open on my R2.  I already tried removing the Port Forwarding rules on the R2 to see whether it would make any difference, but it hasn't. Also, I have tried turning off UPnP and entered the ports to Port Forwarding and again nothing.

One final thing.  When I log in to the interface, DUMA OS treats each login as a first time and annoyingly displays the help overlays for each tab.  Again, a suggestion was made referring me to bookmark the page in my web browser.  This hasn't helped.

 

Thank you.  Any help would be appreciated.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dc23 said:

Hello,

I have my modem connected to my R2 router. 

In Network Settings> UPnP: I am listing my PC fixed IP address with only one port open, that being 3074.  UPnP is on.

In Network Settings> Port Forwarding: I had my PC fixed IP address with rules set for the additional ports I require open.

I am only getting Moderate NAT type in Warzone.  It was mentioned earlier in another post that I may have to activate my DMZ.  Am I to put my PC fixed IP address in the box? and will this make my PC insecure?  Are there any other options I can look to change on my modem that might allow the required ports to appear open on my R2.  I already tried removing the Port Forwarding rules on the R2 to see whether it would make any difference, but it hasn't. Also, I have tried turning off UPnP and entered the ports to Port Forwarding and again nothing.

One final thing.  When I log in to the interface, DUMA OS treats each login as a first time and annoyingly displays the help overlays for each tab.  Again, a suggestion was made referring me to bookmark the page in my web browser.  This hasn't helped.

 

Thank you.  Any help would be appreciated.

 

 

 

You must reserve a fixed IP to R2 in the modem of your Isp and put it in the DMZ of the same, then Activate UpnP in R2 and do a reboot of R2. With that you should already get an open nat in warzone.

A greeting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good suggestion above, give that a go and let us know if your NAT type is open.

What browser are you using where you're seeing the issue of the help overlays? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, titofuenla said:

You must reserve a fixed IP to R2 in the modem of your Isp and put it in the DMZ of the same, then Activate UpnP in R2 and do a reboot of R2. With that you should already get an open nat in warzone.

A greeting!

Thank you.

 

49 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Good suggestion above, give that a go and let us know if your NAT type is open.

What browser are you using where you're seeing the issue of the help overlays? 

Firefox.  I'll go ahead and try Chrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a couple of questions from my original post and one new one.

Is it safe to put my PC into DMZ? I remember back in the day it was a no no.

Are there any other options I can look to change on my modem that might allow the required ports to appear open on my R2?

Do I have to do this for every device I want to play a game on? That is to update IP address in DMZ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were referring to putting the R2 in the DMZ of your modem/router, do not put your PC in the DMZ. Once you've done that you should get an open NAT on any device connected to the R2 regardless of the game - make sure that UPnP is enabled on the R2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading the replies not long after I woke up.  So I wasn't paying much attention.  @Netduma Fraser, @Netduma Liam and @titofuenla, thank you for your replies and input.  I figured in the end that I add my network with my PPPoE credentials avoiding having to go down the DMZ route.  I'm now able to get full NAT.  Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...