Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can someone please explain bridge mode and how I can put my router on bridge mode? I had technicians come in regarding my internet and were saying that havin two routers is bad for my internet connection and that I need to put my router on bridge mode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. put your phone modem in bridge mode
2. in netduma r2 it uses the PPoE protocol
3. user will be "admin and password the same
4. ready you will have internet

 

it worked for me like this

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bridge mode is done on the ISP modem/router, usually an option on the ISP router interface, if not then if you call them they may be able to activate it for you.

Bridge mode isn't required though, you can use the DMZ on the ISP router instead by putting the R2 WAN IP (found on the System Information page on the R2) which will achieve a similar affect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Bridge mode is done on the ISP modem/router, usually an option on the ISP router interface, if not then if you call them they may be able to activate it for you.

Bridge mode isn't required though, you can use the DMZ on the ISP router instead by putting the R2 WAN IP (found on the System Information page on the R2) which will achieve a similar affect.

So pretty much get the R2 WAN IP, and then log on to the ISP model and add that to the DMZ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Simon said:

So pretty much get the R2 WAN IP, and then log on to the ISP model and add that to the DMZ?

Yes, that would be the easiest way to have them work well together and ensure an open NAT on your devices connected to the R2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2021 at 8:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes, that would be the easiest way to have them work well together and ensure an open NAT on your devices connected to the R2.

So i have a modem+router device from isp. Will doing the DMZ method work the same for me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Eefo said:

So i have a modem+router device from isp. Will doing the DMZ method work the same for me?

Yes if you put the R2 WAN IP (found on the System Information page) into the DMZ on your ISP modem/router that will get you an Open NAT on devices connected to the R2. It's how I have mine setup as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fraser, is putting R2 in DMZ same as forwarding all ports to R2? If I forward ports 1-65535 to R2 on my ISP router, will it effectively put the R2 in DMZ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, dpk_ydv said:

Fraser, is putting R2 in DMZ same as forwarding all ports to R2? If I forward ports 1-65535 to R2 on my ISP router, will it effectively put the R2 in DMZ?

Yes you can do that and it will have the same effect. The DMZ though has the extra benefit that it bypasses the firewall and so there is less routing involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...