reem29

Netduma R2 keeps crashing

My netduma keeps crashing making it unusable and I would like to return it 

It cuts off constantly I reboot it comes up for about two minutes then cuts right off again 

How have you got it connected to power, via an extender or direct to a power outlet? If the former please try direct to the outlet. 

Also what is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to?

It is connected straight to the outlet and I have an arrow surfboard sb8200

What devices do you have connected to the R2? Are all devices disconnecting or is it just particular ones? For example, only wireless devices, or only wired devices?

Every device will disconnect wired or wireless router will shut off then come up then shut off and come back up and not work 

Please try a factory reset from the R2 interface and then setup again and see if it is more stable. Also then disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN Settings, then reboot the router from the interface. See if it is any better after that

Yes it is not a power issue I hooked up my old router worked just fine no issues 

I don't think it is specifically your power at fault but perhaps the power adapter we provided is faulty, if you try with another adapter does the issue still occur?

Yes I have tried with  another adapter and have still had the same issue 

Could you replace the ethernet cable (i assume the one we provided) connecting the R2 to the modem with another and see if it stays up for longer please?

What's your exact physical setup? Do you know the make and model of your modem? Is it a pure modem (no Wi-Fi) or is it a modem/router?

33 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

What's your exact physical setup? Do you know the make and model of your modem? Is it a pure modem (no Wi-Fi) or is it a modem/router?

Hey Liam.. I believe the Op said he had a arrow sb8200.. But I think what he might have meant was he had a Arris sb8200 modem DOCSIS 3.1.. Which in that case is a pure modem only and is not a modem router combo.. :) 

Zippy.

@Zippy My bad, must've missed that! Thanks Zippy.

@reem29 Just as a test, can you plug that back in and have it handle Wi-Fi, then plug the R2 into one of that router's LAN ports and just use the R2 for wired connections? Then monitor this and see if drops continue.

Hi yes I tried that as well and the router kept dropping out my aris and my old router work perfectly but the r2 is dropping out 

10 hours ago, reem29 said:

Hi yes I tried that as well and the router kept dropping out my aris and my old router work perfectly but the r2 is dropping out 

Had you disabled the Wi-Fi on the R2? It still continued to drop out after this?

By disabling the WiFi are you referring to the r2 still power cycling on and off at will ? 

The router is losing power? You didn't mention that, just that it is disconnecting. If it's losing power unplug the router from power for 10 minutes so residual power will drain, then connect it and see if it stays on. 

Ok listen I am getting very frustrated because.

this router is not working and it has been working for a while were going back and forth saying try this try that and none of these methods are working at all the unit shuts off unexpectedly disconnects the WiFi comes back on stops working it just does what it wants I have been using my old router and have not had these issues so there is a problem with the r2 I paid money for something to come to me so I could use and work properly not for me to be on a forum trying to troubleshoot what’s wrong with a brand new product. You’ve been very kind but at this point I just want to send it back and want a refund it’s been a hug inconvenience  trying to troubleshoot this and get it to work. So how can I go about sending this back so I can get a refund ? 

Sorry to hear that, we can understand your frustrations here. We'd be happy to continue troubleshooting, but if you'd like to return your R2 please send an email to [email protected] and we'll get that process started for you.