Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Device: R2

Version: 3.0.205

Title says it all. I live in Kansas and there are plenty of servers around me with decent enough ping (20-40), but over the course of about 20 warzone games or so I still have yet to have a game below 50 ping (best I've gotten was jumping between 50-70) and I am still getting small hitches/stutters every 5 seconds during gameplay. I put the ping assist at 0, and I have my range set to 800. Strict mode is on. Auto-Ping host is on. The only thing connected to the R2 is my PC so It is not congested, and I also have the bandwidth allocation set to gaming at 85.

The Geofilter is cool, but the NA servers don't even pop up on it for me (sometimes the one in Europe will show up) and I am always having to use a peer connection. The only difference I've noticed since using the R2 is that it now takes longer to be put into a lobby, and instead of getting a decent ping every 2-3 games I now can't even get a game below 50 (20+ games and counting).

Screenshot of connection benchmark is attached. I got a D on speed because its using a 1.0 gbps scale. I pay for 500 gbps so 358 is okay.

If I am doing something wrong please let me know. I'm open to any and all suggestions. 

Thanks 🙂

 

Edit: My setup is Wall > ISP modem/router combo > R2

Screenshot (10).png

Edited by Stratmo
Added extra information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You mentioned only the PC is connected to the router, where are the other devices connected to? The idea of the router is that it combats congestion so actually having devices not connected to it will make the connection worse. Where are you looking at the ping, on the Geo-Filter or in game? Have you used Ping Heatmap to identify the best servers and adjusted the Geo-Filter to force them? Your Ping Under Load can be improved but all devices should be connected before you do that. You should input the correct speeds you have into Bandwidth Settings otherwise QoS will not be affective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

¡Hola, bienvenido al foro!

Mencionaste que solo la PC está conectada al enrutador, ¿a dónde están conectados los otros dispositivos? La idea del enrutador es que combate la congestión, por lo que tener dispositivos no conectados empeorará la conexión. ¿Dónde estás mirando el ping, en el Geo-Filter o en el juego? ¿Ha utilizado Ping Heatmap para identificar los mejores servidores y ha ajustado el Geo-Filter para forzarlos? Su ping bajo carga se puede mejorar, pero todos los dispositivos deben estar conectados antes de hacerlo. Debe ingresar las velocidades correctas que tiene en la Configuración de ancho de banda; de lo contrario, la QoS no será efectiva.

 

Good afternoon, today the expected r2 has arrived at home, I started to configure it and read your message, for the dqos to work well I must put exactly the speed that I have contracted or a% of it?
My connection is 300mbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You mentioned only the PC is connected to the router, where are the other devices connected to? The idea of the router is that it combats congestion so actually having devices not connected to it will make the connection worse. Where are you looking at the ping, on the Geo-Filter or in game? Have you used Ping Heatmap to identify the best servers and adjusted the Geo-Filter to force them? Your Ping Under Load can be improved but all devices should be connected before you do that. You should input the correct speeds you have into Bandwidth Settings otherwise QoS will not be affective.

My other devices are connected to my isp's modem/router combo via wifi. Should I go wall > R2 > ISP modem/router instead? If not, can you link me somewhere that explains how I connect to the R2 on wifi? 

I am looking at my ping in-game. the host connection is always better than what I have in-game though. I have used the heatmap and I have added the lowest ping servers to a list. What am I supposed to do with that list?

I have updated the speeds in QoS. Thank you!

 

Edit: For example - I have tried to find the R2 on my iphone but the only thing that comes up is my ISP's router. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Raibens said:

 

Good afternoon, today the expected r2 has arrived at home, I started to configure it and read your message, for the dqos to work well I must put exactly the speed that I have contracted or a% of it?
My connection is 300mbs

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Yes in the Congestion Control menu, enter the speeds you pay for/expect.

50 minutes ago, Stratmo said:

My other devices are connected to my isp's modem/router combo via wifi. Should I go wall > R2 > ISP modem/router instead? If not, can you link me somewhere that explains how I connect to the R2 on wifi? 

I am looking at my ping in-game. the host connection is always better than what I have in-game though. I have used the heatmap and I have added the lowest ping servers to a list. What am I supposed to do with that list?

I have updated the speeds in QoS. Thank you!

Edit: For example - I have tried to find the R2 on my iphone but the only thing that comes up is my ISP's router. 

You should do wall > Modem/router > R2 and connect all devices to the R2. You should have setup the WiFi name/password in the setup wizard so whatever device you want to connect, look for the name in your iPhone WiFi settings for example and connect using the password you made. If that isn't there then reboot the router from the interface and see if it appears after 2 minutes.

The Geo-Filter ping is the ping direct to the server, the in game ping includes the game processing delay and will always be higher. 

If you made a list its just a custom list you can ping yourself, nothing to do with forcing the router to connect to them. See where they are located on the map and on the Geo-Filter adjust it so you get those areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Yes in the Congestion Control menu, enter the speeds you pay for/expect.

You should do wall > Modem/router > R2 and connect all devices to the R2. You should have setup the WiFi name/password in the setup wizard so whatever device you want to connect, look for the name in your iPhone WiFi settings for example and connect using the password you made. If that isn't there then reboot the router from the interface and see if it appears after 2 minutes.

The Geo-Filter ping is the ping direct to the server, the in game ping includes the game processing delay and will always be higher. 

If you made a list its just a custom list you can ping yourself, nothing to do with forcing the router to connect to them. See where they are located on the map and on the Geo-Filter adjust it so you get those areas.

Reboot did the trick and it popped up! Thank you. I will keep messing with the geo filter, but i feel like it keeps putting me in lobbies outside of my area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

 

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Yes in the Congestion Control menu, enter the speeds you pay for/expect.

 

I understood about the dqos, thank you very much
I already configured according to the user guide, I have connected all the Lan ports of my old modern to the netduma, and the wifi is providing me the same netduma only that I notice cuts in the wifi network, as if restarting the router alone esporadically, I do not know .

Is it possible that it is the fault of not having put my original modern in bridge mode?  I have read that my modern does not have that option, is there any possibility to do it manually?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stratmo said:

am still getting small hitches/stutters every 5 seconds during gameplay

It may not be your connection causing this problem.

I am on pc and get the same issues due to vram being close to max out

Try checking vram usage using GPU-Z

as warzone ingame cram usage is way off.

Hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Raibens said:

I understood about the dqos, thank you very much
I already configured according to the user guide, I have connected all the Lan ports of my old modern to the netduma, and the wifi is providing me the same netduma only that I notice cuts in the wifi network, as if restarting the router alone esporadically, I do not know .

Is it possible that it is the fault of not having put my original modern in bridge mode?  I have read that my modern does not have that option, is there any possibility to do it manually?

What WiFi settings have you changed other than SSID and password? How often is it disconnecting? No need to enable bridge mode, that won't be causing the issue. Do wired devices disconnect as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...