Sign in to follow this  
opey3

R2 Suddenly Stopped Working

Good evening,

After receiving the R2 one week ago, all was set up and working fine. Was online earlier today and again everything working smoothly. Returned to office tonight and all that is on is the power light. Netduma wifi wont even show, tried rebooting my internet etc and I have tried rebooting the netduma also with no luck. 

thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum!

Are you able to access the R2s interface via 192.168.77.1? You'll need to connect to the R2 via wired in order to do this if it's not broadcasting an SSID.

I originally set it up wirelessly as I have a macbook which I am unable to insert a wired connection into.

OK.

You may need to try a factory reset on the R2 then, could you please hold the reset pin on the back of the R2 for thirty seconds and then allow it a few minutes to reboot?

Tried reboot and factory reset. Managed to also try a wired connection to a PC and when trying to access the interface the page displays "This site cant be reached."

Hello,

I'm currently trying to fix Opey3's Netduma R2 however the best way I can describe it, is that it is behaving like a splitter. No Wireless signal, Designated IP or interface to connect to. 192.168.77.1 acts as Opey described above however it does relay the internet connection to my PC through Ethernet. There is no name on the NetDuma and no visibility other than being called "Ethernet" and "Unidentified Network".

I have enabled a static IP for my PC and have scanned through most forums with this current issue with no solutions so far. 

19 hours ago, opey3 said:

Tried reboot and factory reset. Managed to also try a wired connection to a PC and when trying to access the interface the page displays "This site cant be reached."

Could you please try a different browser/incognito window? I'd also suggest trying to navigate to https://dumaos/

If you got to your command line and enter the command 'ipconfig', could you provide a screenshot of the output?

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please try a different browser/incognito window? I'd also suggest trying to navigate to https://dumaos/

If you got to your command line and enter the command 'ipconfig', could you provide a screenshot of the output?

Shall I DM you the screenshot?

- Also tried the different browser and https but neither worked.

28 minutes ago, spagbell said:

Shall I DM you the screenshot?

- Also tried the different browser and https but neither worked.

You can post it here, if there is anything sensitive we will remove it

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

You can post it here, if there is anything sensitive we will remove it

IPConfig.png

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could be bypassing the router there, is 192.168.1.1 the IP of the modem?

Yes. As I previously mentioned, It's acting like a splitter and not behaving like it's own access point which is strange.

Unplug the WAN from the R2 so just the PC and power are connected and set a static IP on the PC itself:

DNS 192.168.77.1

and see if you can gain access. If you can get through the Setup Wizard if applicable, it will fail the internet check of course. Then connect the WAN cable and click apply on the WAN DHCP settings and see if that works.

44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Unplug the WAN from the R2 so just the PC and power are connected and set a static IP on the PC itself:

DNS 192.168.77.1

and see if you can gain access. If you can get through the Setup Wizard if applicable, it will fail the internet check of course. Then connect the WAN cable and click apply on the WAN DHCP settings and see if that works.

It's saying "Cant save IP Settings. Check one..."

I've also noticed when I click Change Adapter Options, it says IPv4 Connectivity: Internet, IPv6 Connectivity: No Network Access

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do it using the control panel method: https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/ and it will work. The way you've done it doesn't work for me either

I set a static IP as shown in the screenshot and all internet access was unaccessable. I was still unable to access the interface with and without the WAN linked to the NetDuma R2.

IPConfig.png

Could you disable IPv6 on your PC, in the same adapter options, instead of clicking properties on IPv4, untick IPv6 then apply and try accessing please.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you disable IPv6 on your PC, in the same adapter options, instead of clicking properties on IPv4, untick IPv6 then apply and try accessing please.

This didn't work either unfortunately. Internet access stayed disabled and no further progress to access the interface.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You won't get internet access at this point as it isn't connected to the modem. Could you email [email protected] with a link to the topic and your order number and we can sort you out with a replacement.

I tried with and without the ethernet from the modem but neither worked. Before we used the static IP, I could still get internet access at least but afterwards, there was no internet connection.

1 hour ago, opey3 said:

Thanks for all the help Spagbell and Admins. I will get the email sent to yall. 

I meant @spagbell you didn't reply to our last suggestion for you to try.

52 minutes ago, spagbell said:

I tried with and without the ethernet from the modem but neither worked. Before we used the static IP, I could still get internet access at least but afterwards, there was no internet connection.

Could you email us for a replacement please?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I meant @spagbell you didn't reply to our last suggestion for you to try.

Could you email us for a replacement please?

The router I am using is Opey3's. He is the owner but isn't too good with computers and networking too so he asked me to try and fix it. Sorry for the confusion.

Please quote the solution as I'm not seeing which one I failed to try?