Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So yesterday I decided to reboot my NetDuma R2 Router. Waited for a minute while unplugged and then plugged it back in. Ever since I did a reboot, my gaming pc hasn’t been able to connect to the internet via the Netduma R2. To see if my Ethernet was faulty, I switched my ethernet out from the Netduma R2 to my Bell Modem and it worked fine. I decided to leave the duma off for 24 hours and today I plugged it back in and same thing - Unidentified Network. Can’t figure out the issue? I can’t even connect to the Netduma interface. Keep in mind Ive had this item for almost 3 months now and this is my first issue. Was never having this problem before the reboot yesterday. Apparently it can’t find a valid IP configuration 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Are you able to connect another device via ethernet to see if that gets access? Are you able to connect to the WiFi and then the interface?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Are you able to connect another device via ethernet to see if that gets access? Are you able to connect to the WiFi and then the interface?

I can connect to my modem via WIFI and ethernet. But as soon as I plug my ethernet back into the Netduma, it gets no internet connection. All plugs are properly attached. NetDuma WAN port ethernet connected to Modem LAN port ethernet, Gaming PC Ethernet connected to NetDuma LAN port ethernet. Only started happening last night when I went to reset NetDuma. Also NetDuma connects to the network via WIFI but I get no internet connection. I also tried using my stream pc internet thats connected to the modem and I cannot access the NetDuma interface. Just fails to reload or says No JSON Reponse or something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may not have reset it fully, hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release then wait 2 minutes and try to access the interface, you should get the setup wizard which you can then complete to get internet. If you get the JSON message clear your browser cache/cookies and refresh the page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t access the Setup Wizard because I can’t connect to the internet with the NetDuma Router. That is my problem. It doesn’t allow me to connect anywhere because there is no internet access when plugged into the NetDuma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2021 at 7:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You may not have reset it fully, hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release then wait 2 minutes and try to access the interface, you should get the setup wizard which you can then complete to get internet. If you get the JSON message clear your browser cache/cookies and refresh the page.

I can’t access the Setup Wizard because I can’t connect to the internet with the NetDuma Router. That is my problem. It doesn’t allow me to connect anywhere because there is no internet access when plugged into the NetDuma but when I connect to my modem I get internet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't need internet access to access the R2 interface, you just need to be connected to it. What happens now when you go to 192.168.77.1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

You don't need internet access to access the R2 interface, you just need to be connected to it. What happens now when you go to 192.168.77.1?

Apparently you do. I cannot access the interface at all. It just says it took too long to load. If you see the above posts of my issues. I have no internet access when connected to the duma. It just state’s unidentified network. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

While connected to the R2, open command prompt and type ipconfig and press enter, then post the results here please

 

F660E719-9992-4491-8166-2001ADE96450.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

It looks as though your R2 is acting as a switch, what lights are currently illuminated on the R2?

The power, qos, both wifi signals & last but not least ethernet port ‘1’. All of them are turned on red and blinking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks, try doing the reset one more time please and see if you can access the interface.

Like I said. Resetted from the back button multiple times, took out the power and reset, reset my ISP’s modem. Nothing works. 

19A00B4D-3C2E-4952-A641-013805EEE7EB.jpeg

C375D325-D3E3-4E17-9954-EDE329F3A99C.jpeg

DFD4A6F3-EEB9-49A8-9AA0-493A44EE4569.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Set a static IP on the PC itself using this information and this guide (control panel) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/

192.168.77.2
255.255.255.0
192.168.77.1
DNS 192.168.77.1

and see if you can gain access.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Set a static IP on the PC itself using this information and this guide (control panel) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/

192.168.77.2
255.255.255.0
192.168.77.1
DNS 192.168.77.1

and see if you can gain access.

Finally got in the interface! But still not detecting internet for some reason? Even though my ISP’s modem/internet is working perfectly

882D2CBC-331D-4306-97F2-B96FC7B2CD50.jpeg

7113D999-A694-4689-AF86-697746CC5A42.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news! Okay skip past that now so you can get onto the interface. Go to the System Information page, does the R2 show that it is getting a WAN IP? 

In Settings > WAN > DHCP click apply, then see if the connection comes up, if not reboot the router from the interface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 6:21 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Great news! Okay skip past that now so you can get onto the interface. Go to the System Information page, does the R2 show that it is getting a WAN IP? 

In Settings > WAN > DHCP click apply, then see if the connection comes up, if not reboot the router from the interface

So I am getting a known network now but I cannot access any Internet because it cannot find a DNS server. Even when the DNS is on “find automatically”. But as soon as I switch my ethernet to my ISP’s modem. Everything is found and I get internet.

6220B84E-6823-4D90-98A5-5E15330F251B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you got use upstream DNS ticked on the R2 DHCP settings or have you entered a manual DNS?

Just have it automatically set. I tried using manual google dns but it didn’t work either? How do i have upstream dns ticked on the r2? Please instruct me how so i can do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the option right above where you would have changed DNS - it is enabled by default though. Untick that and for primary DNS enter the IP address you use to access the ISP modem/router, apply and see if the internet works please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's the option right above where you would have changed DNS - it is enabled by default though. Untick that and for primary DNS enter the IP address you use to access the ISP modem/router, apply and see if the internet works please.

Not sure what we’re talking about here tbh. I’m not really pc savvy. Need some assistance where to find my stuff because everything is automatic for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Access the R2 interface in your web browser, then go to Settings on the interface, to the WAN section, click DHCP and take a screenshot and post it here please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Access the R2 interface in your web browser, then go to Settings on the interface, to the WAN section, click DHCP and take a screenshot and post it here please

Is this it?

E33EB621-83D9-44AF-B244-F2F0B2EFD4FB.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that is the one, so right above where it says DNS Override disable use upstream DNS. Then click the button under DNS override and enter the IP address you use to access your modem with into the primary DNS box, for example 192.168.1.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...