Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 3/9/2021 at 4:07 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Resync the cloud in Ping Heatmap options and then it will work, we pushed an update today

That did it. Thank you. So another question, well more of an opinion but I'm curious what you think. With the heavy SBMM in COD now, it seems like that if I draw a polygon around a specific server (in my case the server in Washington state is the best for ping) it won't connect, it just says unable to join party as it's about to join a match. As soon as I disable filtering it stops. Very frustrating because I know my ping would be good. Overall it is for the most part. But i'd like to be able to control it (after all that is a big feature for Duma OS). 

 

Any suggestions regarding this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

That did it. Thank you. So another question, well more of an opinion but I'm curious what you think. With the heavy SBMM in COD now, it seems like that if I draw a polygon around a specific server (in my case the server in Washington state is the best for ping) it won't connect, it just says unable to join party as it's about to join a match. As soon as I disable filtering it stops. Very frustrating because I know my ping would be good. Overall it is for the most part. But i'd like to be able to control it (after all that is a big feature for Duma OS). 

 

Any suggestions regarding this?

Limiting your search range to one server can often cause problems because if that server is busy or down, you'll never get a game. Perhaps try using Ping Heatmap to identify a couple more servers that offer a good connection and draw polygons around those too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Limiting your search range to one server can often cause problems because if that server is busy or down, you'll never get a game. Perhaps try using Ping Heatmap to identify a couple more servers that offer a good connection and draw polygons around those too?

That brings me to my next concern, the Ping Heatmap. After about a day, it refuses to load and I have to reboot the router for it to load again. And even then it takes a couple mins. Honestly its getting frustrating. In the meantime I decided to use an older trick, make my home location in the center of  the Atlantic and use ping assist lol. That seemed to work okay. I wish we could schedule reboots for this router. I wouldn't care as much then about having to reboot it daily. Though, I shouldn't have to at all :( not for a flagship type of router. 

 

I've already done multiple factory resets, and am on the latest firmware. I've tried disabling browser cache and doing a hard reload on my browser too to make it reload and nothing. 

 

Sorry, I really do like Netduma software, and would like to stick with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which router/firmware version are you on currently? If the XR500 do keep in mind that it is a beta and so it doesn't necessarily represent the final product. In the System Information page in the Rapp panel options change the number of retries to 5 then reboot from the interface and see if it is more stable then please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Which router/firmware version are you on currently? If the XR500 do keep in mind that it is a beta and so it doesn't necessarily represent the final product. In the System Information page in the Rapp panel options change the number of retries to 5 then reboot from the interface and see if it is more stable then please.

I use an XR1000 with  1.0.0.52_1.0.38 firmware, I've already tried setting them to 5 also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you experienced this on any of the other firmware versions? It might be an idea to downgrade and see whether it is more stable for you.

You could also re-upgrade to the firmware via TFTP, bypassing the boot process and any issues there that could be causing it and then a factory reset for a fresh install.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you experienced this on any of the other firmware versions? It might be an idea to downgrade and see whether it is more stable for you.

You could also re-upgrade to the firmware via TFTP, bypassing the boot process and any issues there that could be causing it and then a factory reset for a fresh install.

I honestly don't remember. I'll have to try  it after work. If that doesn't work what would you suggest next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

I honestly don't remember. I'll have to try  it after work. If that doesn't work what would you suggest next?

OK thanks, let us know how you get on, we'll continue troubleshooting from there if the issue persists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK thanks, let us know how you get on, we'll continue troubleshooting from there if the issue persists.

So I haven't done the factory reset yet, i've just cleared browsing data/cache and it seems okay now. I'll report back on that. Another question though. After playing a few rounds of COD Cold War, I had this many packets already filtered.  (Image attached) is that correct? image.png.a75c82e740337522cfed0d0f64522034.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that is fine :)

Awesome, I wasn't sure if packets were fighting each other, etc. But one thing I will add, I removed  an "obstacle" that being an unmanaged gigabit switch. So now a 50ft Cat 6 cable  runs from my modem to router. Idk if the switch would've been causing issues, but I thought if I don't NEED it, why use it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...