Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am currently downloading season 2 of warzone for COD and it is only downloading at like 6MB/s. I am confused on why this download speed is so low because when I test my internet I get 230MBp/s. Is there anyway I can get the download speed higher?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Danno1016 said:

I am currently downloading season 2 of warzone for COD and it is only downloading at like 6MB/s. I am confused on why this download speed is so low because when I test my internet I get 230MBp/s. Is there anyway I can get the download speed higher?

I sometimes also have this problem when i download on release day. Somehow i think Activision might have a download speed limit to keep servers in check. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes sense, they will have loads of people downloading all at once so to ensure they don't become overloaded they will likely limit it, I've seen this a lot in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure on release days it is crazy but even on different things I upload and download I am getting slow speeds. And I have my PS4 connected to the 2.4 WiFi and I lag for some reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Danno1016 said:

I'm sure on release days it is crazy but even on different things I upload and download I am getting slow speeds. And I have my PS4 connected to the 2.4 WiFi and I lag for some reason. 

Are you able to connect via wired? This is the best way to ensure a reliable connection.

How far from your R2 is your PS4? Are there any obstructions between the PS4 and the R2 (i.e walls, floors/ceilings)? What speeds do you expect to receive and what are you actually receiving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not able to connect to the R2 via wired because it is too far. It is a couple rooms away with 2 walls in the way from my pc and my PS4. When I run the speed test on netdumas website I get the speeds I am supposed to get which is 230mbps Download and 12Mbps upload. But when I am downloading stuff on my pc I am only getting about 8Mbps download speed(This is connected to the 5Ghz). On my PS$ which is connected to the 2.4Ghz Wifi when I test the speed there I am only getting about 30Mbps download and 4Mbps upload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Danno1016 said:

I am not able to connect to the R2 via wired because it is too far. It is a couple rooms away with 2 walls in the way from my pc and my PS4. When I run the speed test on netdumas website I get the speeds I am supposed to get which is 230mbps Download and 12Mbps upload. But when I am downloading stuff on my pc I am only getting about 8Mbps download speed(This is connected to the 5Ghz). On my PS$ which is connected to the 2.4Ghz Wifi when I test the speed there I am only getting about 30Mbps download and 4Mbps upload.

Have you only noticed this with Warzone or do all downloads on you PC hit these speeds? Often there's more variables at play in these scenarios such as the servers you're downloading from etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you said you were testing speeds, were you referring to Connection Benchmark? If so that is a test directly from the router so the WiFi/walls/environment isn't a factor there so it will be higher. What firmware version are you on at the moment? I would recommend using a WiFi analyzer on the PC - there is a free version called WiFi analyzer on the Microsoft store for Windows. Then change the channels on the router to the least busy ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the speed test was from connection benchmark. I am currently on 3.0.205 version for the R2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Danno1016 said:

Yes the speed test was from connection benchmark. I am currently on 3.0.205 version for the R2.

OK that's why then, go ahead and try the latest steps Fraser suggest with a Wi-Fi analyser and let us know if this improves things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I know what Channels are the least busy ones? Also I downloaded the app and it says when I am connected to my 5ghtz Wifi I get 117mbps. When I connect to my 2.4 ghtz I get 144mbps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can tell visually which channels are not used/have the fewest networks on them. As there's a couple of walls between you and the router it's not unlikely that you'll get better speeds through 2.4GHz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Provide a screenshot of what you see for 2.4GHz and one for 5GHz, for example like this: 

image.png

and we can suggest a channel that might be best - it also suggests a channel for you to use at the bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for 2.4GHz I would suggest trying channel 7. When you connect to 5GHz you need to click at the bottom of the program where it says 5GHz and take a screenshot of that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like my 2.4ghtz wifi for my PS4 is having some connection problems after the switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of connection problems exactly are you seeing? 

For the router antennae set them up like this: _ | | _ as that will help with range and stability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can say the R2 has slower download throughout ; my xr1000 had hit 500 consistently!  (Goes for all speed tests) + wired

 

strange tho upload was fine 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CRarsenxL said:

I can say the R2 has slower download throughout ; my xr1000 had hit 500 consistently!  (Goes for all speed tests) + wired

strange tho upload was fine 

Yeah the XR1000 WiFi is much stronger than the R2, we are working on improvements to try and get that throughput up though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...